So I got memed by Yea Forums and just got these in the mail. Best editions coming through...

So I got memed by Yea Forums and just got these in the mail. Best editions coming through. Which one should I read first?

Attached: IMG_20190315_015836410.jpg (4220x2882, 2.52M)

Might as well go in order of smallest page count, I read Blood Meridian and Bleeding Edge together, I have that hadcover Against the day sitting on my shelf waiting

It really enrages this autist that you would just throw a McCarthy book in with all that Pynchonographia. That’s not how you do it goddamnit

Haha sex and poopie. Poop dee doop rocketly sex on the metal maths and flying down wings on dropping poop. But also: sex. Crothlorp Shneevorp Self-Insert bored and smart as he fuck woman that was hot (then did the drug, the kind that makes you [social analogy]).
There once was a guy sad
Even though he was glad
Flying about, shooting a kraut
Gubment bad
- A poem by CIA Agent Pynchon

Black people.

It's just what I got today in the mail. Some Faulkner and Woolfe's, Infinite Jest and House of Leaves should be arriving soon. I'll post everything eventually.

Also, as a bonus, my first edition of Gravity's Rainbow has a 'Burt Shapiro' signature, pic related. Ben Shapiro's relative?

Attached: IMG_20190315_021950129.jpg (3456x1659, 789K)

I wish I had that amount of money to waste and then brag about it in 4channeldotorg

Are you fucking stupid? Do you think Ari Shapiro is related to Ben Shapiro too?

>what is a joke

V. is a very good book. So is Mason & Dixon. Those are the ones I’ve read. Read V. first.

Listen to me OP. Anyone who tells you to start with Pynchon somewhere other than Gravity’s Rainbow is a coward. That book is a masterpiece and worth suffering through. Do it. No lube

They're all used. It really wasn't that expensive.

Read them in order of release

Meridian then V. Pynchon kinda demands a specific frame of mind so might as well get Meridian done first or last. V is first book and good intro to Pynchon.

They're both great authors bud

Attached: uuy.png (822x844, 222K)

>the rich smell of semen fills the room like smoke
Sometimes I can feel why they veto'd his Pulitzer despite overall genius of the book

This summarizes the trash that is pincheone.

cringe brainlet

CRINGE and garbage.

You wouldn't know greatness if it came up and bit you in the face.

>Not lubing up before the bananas
The words don't even make sense with a dry asshole

You should probably read TCOL49 first imo

Why's that

I have ready four out of six of those, and V is by far my favorite.

OP here, already did.

I also read Inherent Vice (in Spanish, lol).

don't you just feel incredibly repulsed when a long scene about eating feces is turned even more disgusting by a finishing line that makes you imagine the smell of cum?

i started with v. as my intro to pinecone before moving on to the gravy rainbow. that's my recommendation.

i feel like it's better to slowly read a pynchon every couple of years rather than buying like 6 of them at once

Attached: A lit Guide to Pynchon.jpg (1222x3649, 1.52M)

chronological order

Stop posting this shitty pic. It way undersells Mason & Dixon (Pynchon's masterpiece) and unironically suggests Bleeding Edge over Vineland. Whoever shat that out is retarded.

why the flipped badger?

But Vineland is shit and way worse than Bleeding Edge

The Trystero is in this thread

No

Those are some good memes you fell for OP. Since you've already read The Crying of Lot 49, V. would be a fine follow-up. Early Pynch makes for good, cozy reading. If you really dig it, dive into GR afterwards (or immediately). Whatever enjoyment and/or suffering is beyond worth the effort.

I'm convinced I've seen every picture there is of Pynchon on the internet. Somebody please prove me wrong.

Attached: Pynchon-simpsons.jpg (640x360, 44K)

did you see those enquirer shots a few months back?

The most recent pictures I've seen are from a Norwegian magazine, taken in the Upper West Side. I also just found some high-res scans of his yearbook photos.

well there ya go

"Oyster Bay High School (1953) – Tom and a few of “The Boys”

Attached: 02-Tom-and-a-few-of-the-boys.jpg (1000x1412, 738K)

Same here but I don't even live in america so it costed like, 300 USD.

"Bleeding Edge" looks the most worthwhile.

I wish young Tommy was my friend

>“The Boys”
Wonder if they are of note.

Also, chek'd - nice digi's

pynchoncucks CANNOT recover from this

Slothrop isn't smart..

Attached: 235.jpg (193x266, 37K)