Itt we post books we are thinking of picking up and others say if is worth a read or not

Itt we post books we are thinking of picking up and others say if is worth a read or not.
I'll start.

Attached: 81++DiPFJ1L.jpg (1563x2412, 260K)

Each book of Murakami is good, so yes, it's worth.

This is the only Murakami book I've read so far and the only one I never see discussed anywhere, doesn't seem to have much opinions surrounding this book both inside the outsider book tuber type readers and underground close nit places like lit. I enjoyed this book, even wrote down a couple lines I liked in some old notebook, but I probably liked it because I could relate to the protagonist's dilemma. I say go for it if you feel any kind of connection with whatever the synopsis says, but if you don't maybe don't pick it up because the way Murakami just lets his story do whatever it wants go wherever it wants without caring to much about structure and satisfying conclusion might end up leaving you disappointed (basing this off of what other discussions I had seen about it, which mostly complained about how it was resolved) .

Attached: spinoza.jpg (324x499, 26K)

>This is the only Murakami book I've read so far and the only one I never see discussed anywhere
I noticed this too. Really strange.

Should I?

Attached: 61fs+NNlNsL.jpg (762x1169, 112K)

probably because it's kind of bland and not very memorable

I'm thinking about getting the 48 laws of power

Murakami is great, but Colorless wasn't really that good. It felt like a cookie cuttered iteration of the Murakami formula. Read 1Q84, or Kafka on The Shore, for some classic Murakami. Read Norwegian Wood while listening to the Chelsea Wolfe discography if you want to die on the inside.

Attached: e42.jpg (409x393, 21K)

Yes, because I should too. I just went to library and borrowed it.

should I bother? Linkola can pass as a tree fucking Wittgenstein from whats been said here about him imo

Attached: 4A26728C-5D02-4043-9C91-214AB1AC2568.jpg (324x499, 40K)

Murakami has only written two books desu. Norwegian Wood and everything else. If you've read one of his books you're just gonna get the same in others.

Read if you're looking to escape Cartesian epistemology. Don't if you're attached to dualism.

iq84 is by far his worst novel

>I only read to confirm my views

no it isn't lol what do you think about that i win

Kafka on the Shore was great, cmon

I actually find Kafka really boring and cringe. The main character opening with "I'm not like most kids, I like the Beatles and Zeppelin," just felt sooo awkward. But that's just me.

I don't mean it as a criticism, but like: Hardboiled and Windup bird have like the same plot. Most of Murakami's tropes are practically him memeing himself. If you like his style then you should definitely read more. All I mean is that if you've read one Murakami, you know what you're gonna get and nothing beyond that.

Eh, if you're attached to a single line of thinking Spinoza aint' gonna change that and he's kinda a waste of time if you aren't somewhat subscribed to some part of his argument. I don't really see someone completely uninvested waiting patiently through all his geometric proofs and going, "Well you convinced me, all is God.' There's other writers for that.

I'm interested in him, I swear. It's not a ploy to get an arthoe gf.

Attached: 5A0DF3EB-19AE-47CA-9F7D-C1D8086F3F27.jpg (318x500, 44K)

Attached: IMG_1003.jpg (266x375, 12K)

The sequel is better, the dev team solved all the bugs in the system and it's way more polished

pic related

Attached: 26BC00A9-52D9-4C4B-B29C-510D96D9FDC0.jpg (330x499, 14K)

The Corrections by Franzen

I've heared it's too similar to his other novels (which I easily believed, since three of the ones I have read from him are indeed very similar to each other) so I was disuaded from reading it. Maybe it's worth a read if you haven't read anything by Murakami, but I'd still recommend the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle more.

he really does look like winnie the pooh you know
i think it's the neck