Do think reading Yea Forums posts over the years has made me and you better readers?

Do think reading Yea Forums posts over the years has made me and you better readers?

Attached: D97D1D6B-14C7-4E63-BBD5-813D572952E2.png (846x592, 42K)

No

trips

No
I've gotten some decent book recommendations though.

It made me love traps and trannies

No faggot

Based and redpilled.

Yea Forums made me paranoid about traps, trannies and the zog sissification discord conspiracy.

Yea Forums can be a powerful tool when you first discover it and it can actually be quite beneficial, especially if it is a board where some sort of knowledge base is required/desired. (like Yea Forums or /ic/) If you know nothing about literature or drawing then these boards can steer you towards a positive direction and prevent you from fumbling in the dark all by your lonesome. However, this initial boost in knowledge is really all these type of boards have to offer, after you set off on your journey you are on your own and it is quite possible that extended posting will actually be detrimental to you as there is nothing to be gained but much to be lost due to the addictive nature of the internet and the wealth of misinformation and memery that freely flows into your brain. It is best to come to places like this for the initial push and occasional /recs/ but anything further is merely delusion.

I discovered Pessoa in this board

browsing Yea Forums for over a decade has helped me understand certain subtleties of psychology. i can identify narcissistic reaction formations of a thousand different shapes. trolling is mostly the adept management of these reactions. it is like gardening.
i am also now hyper-keen to the substitution of cliché for thought in my own and others' writing.

>i can identify narcissistic reaction formations of a thousand different shapes.
>it is like gardening.

Attached: D8FB2D20-F98B-4104-8BB6-D21958112FAB.jpg (659x525, 41K)

Honestly, in a way, kinda.
The vast majority of what you get on Yea Forums is mental fast food, garbage shitpost that contributes nothing to your day other than making it go by faster, but occasionally a few decent threads show up that pushed me to read things I otherwise would have never touched.
I would have never read anything about the Czechoslovakian Legions rampage through Siberia and learned about that entire obscure chapter in history if it wasn't for /k/, just as an example.

*trolling* is like gardening; or niwaki: shaping and directing the natural growth and tendency of an organism.
i lack a green thumb, but i take copious notes.

No, but it has absolutely made me a better critical thinker and able to spot bullshit much better.

Maybe not a better reader, but definitely a reader of a wider array of good writing. Before Yea Forums, the most recently-written novels I had read were Arthur and George by Julian Barnes, and Disgrace. Other than those, nothing from the 1980s, 70s, or 60s. I liked Salinger, Kerouac, Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, and Wilde but had never even heard of some of the best writers I've now read.

this. Started visiting Yea Forums in 2013 and it was very instructive but now I've outgrown it. I still can't find it in myself to leave though

Not really, but I really appreciate some of the funny culture here, like the meme trilogy, religious LARPing, philosophers every few months being discussed / joked about. It's nice to see what people think about.

Im a cook what the fuck are you talking about

No, but it's made me a better debater

I unironically think that Yea Forums is one of the best ways to become a better human being, that is, if you have it in yourself to want to become one.
I have learned so much from a few of you guys, I will never know your names but I am eternally in your debt, I am what I am today due to this fucking website, sure I had to become this person myself and nobody else but me could have come from this but I am 22 now, I've been here for 5 years now and I don't want to miss a single hour I've spent on here. Seriously, through all the shitposting, the /pol/ mongrels, the r9k incels, I still learned to love every one of you fags, I am indebted to you greatly, for better or for worse.
Cheers.

more examples please? fascinated

I've learned some decent words and the format is pretty good at practicing with thought formulation.

This pretty much. Yea Forums forces you to confront opinions you would ignore outside of it while giving you a great study of how people cling to their own opinions

Absolutely not.

it just makes people more stupid
but we sure do a lot of writing on this site

you do definitely get an unparalleled insight into what human beings are really like, and no bullshit advice.

Attached: 1552596276915.png (2047x2048, 3.98M)

it has made me far more cynical than I already was when I first entered here
also, bizarre behavior doesn't shock me as much

Taught me how to efficiently whip people up into autistic rages with as few words as possible

>the Yea Forums shill

I agree
The Stickies are the most valuable thing on Yea Forums if you don't want to waste time

No, but it's given me invaluable practice in writing and expressing my ideas and understanding.

you are infected with a mind virus created by the intermingling of random ideas posted here combined with the lack of morality or restraint found on anonymous image boards. it is already too late. your life and very mind have been hijacked by a meme, the post-post-ironic humor has eaten its way through your consciousness, leaving only a machine that processes input and creates output according to the rules programmed into it at the moment of infection. the more you post here, the more you are exposed to poisonous mass of seething memetics and ideological soup disguised as a place to post funny pictures of frogs, the more your free will is consumed by it. this post is not a joke.

way too reductive

You're just bitter.

To a certain extent.
Yea Forums has caused me to read more, if Wikipedia was a book, I think by now I would have spent more time reading it than the bible - sad.

A short writing workshop I took really helped refresh me on writing structure.
To any blossoming writers here, look into a really good writing workshop that lasts a few months - it shouldn't be too expensive and can be done online.

Attached: 1527869947868.jpg (197x358, 22K)

Yea Forums is one of the realest places on the internet, unfiltered and chaotic, and therefore i believe it probably has made its users better readers

I love you Yea Forums. You are all my brothers.
Can't really sum it up better than you guys have already done.

me too

we are your lab rats

Why the fuck would you be sad about not reading the Bible? It might make you a better writer if you wanted to write a new kind of Bible, admittedly.
Stop pretending you're fucking christians you massive larping fags.

Stop pretending you know everything about me through text.

I'm not from /pol/.

It became a lot easier for me to read in English because of Yea Forums.

There are so many gems in this board. In this whole website, in almost every board. Archive digging isn't enough, the gold appears to you at random by just browsing a bit each day.

i'm 21 and i feel the same way. been here since i was 13, learned discipline on /fit/ as a teenager and then started improving my life in other ways through Yea Forums and insight i've gained here. Yea Forums as a whole is an interesting people study and has helped me learn a lot about the world around me. love you too user, cheers

I think it's given me a lot of insight into how people think that you might not get on somewhere like reddit where people make sterile sycophantic jokes and engage in group-think to get likes

Same. Got into montaigne and anatomy of melancholy thanks to this shit.

Absolutely.
There are people on here who have a deep interest and they share it with you and others who are open to see the world through their eyes. This website is incredible, I have gotten good at art, am fit, know a shitload of elitist film, started to write...I mean if you don't enjoy this shit, then you're just a shell is of a man.
Could do without the pol cancer that is spreading everywhere but it is what it is, freedom of speech is better than this Reddit and Facebook shit where everything is regulated.

just because you don't browse that website doesn't mean that the /pol/ counter culture and reactionism isn't the only reason there are """christians""" on Yea Forums. We all know you guys masturbate to fucking doujin and then pretend to never do it again in your pseudo self flagellation that is "no fap".

On the contrary the degree of cancerous thinking people can muster through their use of those memes have helped me steer clear of them and develop a moral sense that isn't eslave to the modern obsession with irony. Without, who knows, I might have ended up a 9gag regular.

Yea Forums is without a doubt the worst website in the history of the internet. I have never seen such an agglomeration of stupidity and wretchedness anywhere else, nor would have imagined that so much ugliness — mental, and no doubt also physical — could be possible in this world if I had never come across it. And they are all fully aware of this, which is why they prefer to remain anonymous, and almost immediately trash everything that they write, since they know it's rubbish. We are talking about individuals so weak and fearful that even the nicknames used by forum users feel too restrictive and oppressive to them. Individuals so slow and incoherent that they don't want others to be able to connect even as much as two of their posts together and hold them accountable for some measure of logic between them. This is the true bottom of the barrel of (sub)humanity. And that's why I keep an eye on it from time to time. You couldn't even meet such idiots in the street, since people in the street possess at least the minimum amount of strength required to leave their rooms and walk around.

>i am also now hyper-keen to the substitution of cliché for thought in my own and others' writing
>it is like gardening
I see.

i won't pretend it is a wholly original expression, but it's not so worn-in that it can't bend its shape to novelty. and i can't remember an instance where i've heard or read the analogy, not recently at least.
cliché is totally mechanical, automatic. it slots itself into expression, and it is passed over by the reader without consideration, like a print on the wall of a dentist's reception room. it gives the illusion of having said something by its familiarity, by being expected but entirely without interest.

thats not really a cliche... just a simile

or is comparing any two things a cliche?

>ugliness — mental, and no doubt also physical

I'm attractive tho

start tripfagging :)

The effort of reading itself is enough to be somewhat engaging, watching stuff when I'm not eating feels mindless and kinda numbing.

No other website makes me laugh and have fun as Yea Forums does. How is Yea Forums such an internet culture powerhouse?
We are the e-greeks.

>How is Yea Forums such an internet culture powerhouse?
lol

Maybe 10 years ago, before it started importing shitty twitter memes by the truckload. There's nothing new here now save for shitty frog and wojak variations.

this

Yea Forums allows me to quickly separate trash from gold in written form

/pol/ meme'd a reality tv show host into the whitehouse my duse you gotta think beyond macro images

/pol/ didn't do shit, it wasn't the first time Americans elected a meme and it won't be the last.

you're a cliché, user

It made me take the esoteric hitlerist pill

Lmao, pol tards seriously believe in this right?

yes they do

I feel this very much

>Could do without the pol cancer that is spreading everywhere but it is what it is, freedom of speech is better than this Reddit and Facebook shit where everything is regulated.
as much as the /pol/ shit annoys me i agree. i'd rather have that than a reddit circlejerk where opinions can get downvoted into oblivion

I think this board gets you on the right start, but beyond that it's pretty hopeless. Too infatuated with an image:

>"Most Yea Forums music"
>Validate my purchases/collection
>"What books would read"

Tastes here are pretty narrow. You're unlikely to get any discussion on things past the entry-level, it's a board without any real taste. There was some Reddit screenshot that hit the nail on the head wrt the top 100 lists; a mishmash of commonly perceived 'difficult' literature without any coherent common link you'd expect from a community - at least in /r/books you can see the pop-science fetishism and smug Reddit-ness shining through.

I don't know if I was just new or it was always this bad, but I took a few years off this board and it seems like almost everyone here is more interesting in cultivating an identity than enjoying literature.

Banning frogs and attractive women from being used as OP images alone would drastically raise the standard of the board

I only started coming to lit about a month ago, and I'm glad I did. The book recommendations have been awesome, and the charts helpful as well. I read on average 8 books a month, and these recs have done much to keep me going at it.

hyperbole that they got trump elected, sure. but they are definitely having some kind of influence on events of potentially great consequence

I think it's enabled my writing voice to be eager and boring in impossible and pedantic new ways through totally mundane business emails

>I can't avert my eyes or mind from a female specimen with boobies therefore I don't want others to show me those xD
>I also don't want to see frogs haha, I just think it's poor form lolxD
If you had anything of worth to share, you'd do it, a fucking 100 kb jpg at the start of a thread doesn't determine shit.

It's so disgusting how these little cretins on that board pretend that this inbred Anglo mongoloid is somehow their own creation, while they are the most pathetic hollows of human beings I've ever been able to witness.
Sitting behind their computer screens, afraid of everything that they don't know(which is basically everything) and always talking shit about what they would do if X or what they would do with Y if they were in Z's shoes. I can't say I hate /pol/, I just pity them, they must be the the literal genetic lower classes, destined for a life in the cold blueish light of their desktops, arrogance and unwarranted elitism form a sense of camaraderie among the incel hive mind. Regurgitating jpg images, copy pasting "woke" word files, archiving their own pathetic threads, masturbating over the fact that now some swedish YouTube channel for videogames shares their pathetic subset of beliefs.../pol/ is nothing, just obsolete pseudo men that have nothing to offer to the world and so create their own bizarro planet, in which they are the harbingers of a new age, the agents provocateur of the "race wars", the Christian stronghold against the Muslim hordes, the degenerate transsexuals and the sodomizers, they are the thot patrol, the light house for the lost at sea, or so they like to see themselves.
What sad excuses for their famed "white race" these guys are.

literally the opposite is true