Started reading Infinite Jest for school this week, about 130 pages in (just past Lyle). How...

Started reading Infinite Jest for school this week, about 130 pages in (just past Lyle). How, in your endless ranting on this, did you plebs never mention that it's fucking hilarious? Mario's only romantic experience unironically made me laugh out loud. Have none of you plebs read anything past the first chapter?

Attached: image.jpg (1653x2560, 499K)

shitty book by shitty author

shit thread too

It's weird because DFW himself said it was a sad book and he was surprised when people found it funny. But it really is hilarious.

Some parts are funny.
Some parts are sad.

Too many words

Your prose is faggoty

People literally always post on this board saying it’s funny. Fuck off and read your book why start an infinite jest thread when you’re not even close to being done with it.

his editor in an interview said he wanted it funny at parts to keep the reader going, I mean most of his writing is very funny though

Not enough words.

>his editor (...) said he wanted it X (...) [in order] to Y
fucking anglo world, every time.

what?

Art is often superfluous

You aren't even aware that outside of your shithole-sphere artists don't have "editors" who control their creative process?

But Infinite Jest did have an editor...

Attached: 1034527.jpg (200x171, 12K)

re-read this thread, please

I didn't get it at first, but I think that user from some third world or ex-Soviet shithole is trying to mock the Anglo literary master face for having editors who interfere with and influence the writer's work.

>Anglo literary master face
there, your own spelling proved your subhumanity.

no.

I'm phoneposting. What's your excuse for not capitalizing your sentence?

it's way more asthetic not to capitalize anything. are you new to this place?

Sorry, as the other user said, you're clearly from a nation where men finds the goats more attractive than the women - its the only explanation for why your ability to communicate is so fucking awful.

i'm sorry but it's your reading comprehension that's at fault here. it all makes sense: anglos are known for usually having between 80 and 90 IQ and being unable to read. you guys can't even PRONOUNCE your own words, yet alone prevent immigrants from taking over your land.

Does your hatred of editors stem from all the extracts they've sent back to you with the word 'REJECTED' stamped over the top? Your anger is very indicative of an extreme inferiority complex - I feel very sorry for you.

My hatred is aimed purely at the disgusting anglo world, your literary market habits are just a drop in the ocean.

>inferiority complex
Oi, you got a loicense for usage of that term m8? Did your daughter get raped as you were typing this post?

Hatred? Or envy? Amazing arguments from the man who's country has a GDP smaller than a single market town in my country.

That was my reaction too but it starts transitioning from a comedy with tragic elements to a tragedy with comic elements probably about 1/3rd through, and the transition is definitely complete by 2/3rds through. By the time you finish you will look back on the early chapters and see the mountainous melancholia buried in them.

>the wheelchair assassins van that is sparkling clean up to about four feet off the ground
>MIT's college radio station call letters are WYYY
>Carol Spodek's over-sized tennis racket handle
>The entire eschaton
>It was now, beyond any equivocation or shadow of a doubt, snowing
>Justinian erotica
>Every inch of Disney Leith
>Safe Boating is No Accident
>"Like a Toltec death mask"
>USS Milicent Kent
>one of his boobs had become discombobulated
>The only verifiably blackmailable thing about him was the ruler and diary he kept of extremely precise measurements of his penis
>INUTILE!
>Hear the squeak
>tan cataract expanding radially toward the feet of several scurrying freshman
>tektitic
>pre-axiomatic
>Major Burns as the anti-christ
>17 can go into 53 way more than 3.12 times