This is a question for you bilinguals or any other polyglot in Yea Forums. When you write...

This is a question for you bilinguals or any other polyglot in Yea Forums. When you write, what language do you prefer to do so? Do you alternate between them or do you stick to one?

Attached: polyglot-habits-and-traits.jpg (960x674, 73K)

I do .(alternate I mean)
I happen to use some english or french words when I forget what a thing is called in Italian.
Or latin words.
Don't really use italian words when writing in english unless I'm writing about an italian text/book/author.

I would actually like to see literature that fully embraces the multilingual beyond the Hemingway "Let's throw in short spanish or french phrases in there" writing. Possibly the entire dialogue be in language x, the narration in language y but the soliloquy be in language z.
Seems odd and perhaps only complicated for the sake of being so or perhaps being pretentious, but it could actually be incredibly interesting and a new approach to literature that perhaps also sets itself apart from the mundane monolingual writing that is common.
Issue would be the small audience the original work would attract though.

Attached: 1542982259389.gif (500x418, 885K)

It's easier to write in English when writing on topics I'm mainly familiar with through English, like most Yea Forums stuff. Also, when making notes for myself I sometimes write in English rather than my first language, it feels like it makes for a more solid statement somehow. Or even in Japanese when I'm feeling extra chuuni.

I can express myself best with Sami since I grew up with it. I speak 5 languages and none of them offer me the opportunity to express myself with as much detail and precision as Sami. The amount of ways to convey one single action, with respect to every minute detail available, is fucking kolossal and a lot of fun.

Attached: __juushimatsu_s_girlfriend_little_my_matsuno_juushimatsu_and_moomintroll_osomatsu_kun_and_etc_drawn_ (800x829, 278K)

I would've never imagined the trolls in moomin being that small. I always imagined them being the size of like a full grown human.

I was born and raised in england and now live and study in portugal. I think im english but have to frequently talk in Portuguese and now as the years go on, im losing my accent and i sound super neutral now.

Honestly I hate the portuguese language and i hope most portuguese people choke on their own cunt but there are a few good portuguese films n books so it could be worse

>you can have only one native tongue unless you were very deliberately raised bilingual
>however much you study other languages they'll never approach the level of clarity and detail you have in your first language
>your first language is Sami and the only people you can converse in it to are Sami
How does it make you feel?

I was raised bilingual. My other native tongue is Swedish.

It doesn't feel that bad. If I visited the US I could probably impress some hot bimbos by speaking a nearly extinct language.

I use polish, I don't know as many words as in English to express myself but rearranging words without changing the meaning of the sentence is just fun
t. native polish

I speak spanish and live in Mexico. However, when talking to myself i do in english and i can't help it.

That's what Finnegans Wake does. I mean, not the "dialogue be in language x, the narration in language y" shit that wouldn't be meaningful in the context of any imaginable story, but the idea of a sort of polylingualism.

For artistic purposes, my native, not English or any other foreign one.

I unironically do this for my personal creations but I'll never bother promoting it

People will start doing this when they start alienating themselves from their home culture as well as globalism.
For example Beckett was a native English speaker but would rather write in French.
Personally I find Japanese to be most expressive and I hope I can write as a non-native one day.

>it could actually be incredibly interesting
God no
>and a new
You read war and peace?

sami r the niggers of the north

I unironically only write in latin

I'm bilingual and the only stuff i write is in my dream journal. I noticed that depending on what language i use in my dream i write in spanish or english.

I write in my mother tongue cuz it's the only one I know perfectly (especially the conditionnal and other weird forms)
Although I try to use other languages such as english regularly to train

I write correspondence in English and French often for work, but whenever I sit down to write it's always in Spanish, my mother tongue, would never think to do otherwise despite the fact that sometimes things do come to me easier in French. It just wouldn't feel proper.

I always write in Eng but spanish and french are much smoother sometimes in terms of language. Also Spanish is much like German where alot of it can be termed into colloquial/slang and to speak fluently among people in Spanish speaking countries is much different than learning it from the book, so sometimes Spanish slang phrases and dialogues make their way into my poetry kinda like how epic poetry had a lot of words that were spelled very much wrong but were spoken in that way, and such things I imagine can be very hard to interpret years later. French is much smoother imo than Eng and Spanish but all of them have their upsides.