I'm looking for a hyper-real book. Some say a character is flat and one dimensional. I want hyperdimensional...

I'm looking for a hyper-real book. Some say a character is flat and one dimensional. I want hyperdimensional, interdimensional, and cross-dimensional characters. I want a book which doesn't only have real descriptions, but descriptions which are ultra real, like psychedelic drugs real, descriptions beyond what the mind can even perceive with the senses.

Attached: Mintura-100-Hand-Paintied-Famous-Reproduction-Gustav-Klimt-Paintings-The-Kiss-Adele-Danae-Oil-painti (632x640, 253K)

The Bible

ulysses

That's pretty much the opposite of the bible, particularly Genesis. Flattest characters and a story flow which is literally lists of family trees of characters who are never mentioned again.

unironically this, you can´t go much further with written language than the Apocalypse of John

Unironically Gravity’s Rainbow

unironically this

pm me and I will tell you.

you dont know nothing about writing.

David Foster Wallace

Wow, lit's top 10 picks of the yearly vote, and I can't tell whether they're ironic or sincere suggestions. Thanks lit.

War & Peace

Attached: 1536837651236.jpg (2256x1250, 602K)

Tolstoy or Proust. They capture even the tiniest details of the scenes and character behaviour, I could spend hours analysing just one paragraph of Anna Karenina.
Also, maybe you'd appreciate Erich Auerbach's book "Mimesis".
Just keep in mind that realism in art is kind of a spook.

A great deal of the beauty of the Bible lies in its vague narrative style instead of realism or precision in description.

The Bible isn't beautiful you brainwashed pretentious pseud.

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

1q84

GR sounds about right

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 2.21.22 PM.png (1088x1132, 213K)

Unironically my WIP novel

I'm writing one. Not exactly a book though. 3 parallel streams. One of music, one of text, one of video. It's based on revelation.

How unironically ironic

The Man Without Qualities or Proust

Proust, Musil, and Tolstoy are good recs in this thread. Updike also gets heavily into this hyper-realistic style, as does James. I’d recommend Updike’s Rabbit books.

Balzac was all about realism try Old Man Goriot

Prince Andrei feels more real to me than real people

I have slight autism and am incapable of small chatting and conversation, and I am bad a reading or employing body language. Will I understand Tolstoy?
I read Anna Karenin when I was 18 and didn't feel like I got much out of it, should I give war and peace a try now that I'm in my late 20's?