Language Learning Thread

Who else is learning a new language?

I've been practicing some Italian over the last few month's and have, i hope, finally got to the stage where im ready to face an actual book.

Problem is, Im trying to find a text with an audiobook to match so that i could get my pronunciation right; but my usual sources TPB, Mobilism, etc ... have nothing im familiar with. (well, there are good recordings of Dante but im hoping to save that for when im a little bit more confident.) Any recommendation's or sources would be appreciated and feel free to talk learning techniques etc.

Attached: Fg.png (594x351, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!aGZQxSjQ!XTz_CgxtESiDHKDT_5-1ZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you learning through books or language learning sites?
I stopped my french self taught courses because it felt like I learnt fuck all because I was using free online courses,for example I learnt counting not there but by reading a book

Online courses are utter and irredeemable shit, for any language. But for some they are even shittier.

Book's.
First one was called Italian now! and is a good 500 pages – iv'e skipped around a little, but in total i've done about 2/3 of it – of text's and rules and exercises and so on. I find dialogues are always useful.

I'm trying to get into wolof and volapük. Any suggestions?

Force your way through The Betrothed,it's the only way to learn
Or just do your thing actually

Try beelingualapp, it has some kids stories in both language and you can listen to it too. I'm currently reading red hood in German.

Not exactly what you are looking for but
mega.nz/#F!aGZQxSjQ!XTz_CgxtESiDHKDT_5-1ZQ

Check the links and ask in the threads

why conlangs?

>tfw fell for the Duolingo meme

I've been learning Korean since last August. It's been extremely edifying

>Duolingo meme

This would be my fourth language,

English, Russian, Spanish and now, hopefully, Italian.

Just for fun. Also wolof is not a conlang.

For most languages pronunciation should be the first thing you learn and get over with. Italian is very easy to pronounce like a native, learn IPA and read Italian phonology and orthography on wikipedia. If you need practice read aloud everything and compare your voice to natives. Above works for any language but for languages with tones/pitch-accent it's a longer process.

i've been looking up pronunciations and writing some of the harder words out phonetically but now i want a good audiobook, something like Calvino short sorties or his folk tale collection's, but i cant find them spoken anywhere.

What a bunch of twats.

I'm learning japanese and esperanto, I wanna learn scottish gaelic and russian too but I'm waiting until I'm fluent enough in jap

>Learning French with the help of Rousseau and Camus
Good idea
>Learning German with the help of Kant
Bad idea
>Learning Italian with the help of Machiavelli and Dante
We'll see when I start reading them.

I'm a Spanish speaker so Italian should not be that much of a problem I hope

The books themselves

Attached: _20190315_193505.jpg (4075x2552, 1.64M)

>literally chose the memest of memebooks to learn German
based

I like Korean lit but I hate how whiny the Korean language sounds. They always sounds like they're pissed off.

Well I could have chosen Hegel as my second teacher

Rousseau requires a lot of attention and accuracy when analyzing several concepts. Also, as he's a lit philosopher, he often plays on words or use the same words with different meanings, even in the same paragraph. Just be very careful. A good example of decently short but difficult text is the chapter of Contrat Social called "Du droit du plus fort" (is it chapter 4 of book I? probably), it deserves to be patiently studied.

gooks literally outchink chinks in their ching chong chung

>tfw couldn't get past 20 pages of this

Attached: 41IhsTqZh6L._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg (201x293, 9K)

I take my time with Rousseau, he is quite tricky indeed. I also want to punch his face after every reading session.

I would like to learn German with the help of Arno Schmidt.

good luck, Some of the most difficult German there is.

God, this. Been living in seoul for a year and cant go anywhere without people whinescreaming at each other or kpop blaring out of loudspeakers on every corner. I miss japan where absolute silence is expected on the trains and you can actually get some reading done