Why did he wear a bandana?

why did he wear a bandana?

Attached: david-foster-wallace-2d7939a867950051042d8032609ff97d55b73b19-s800-c85.jpg (800x526, 63K)

axl rose

To cover the swastika on his forehead

Attached: DFW futurism quotes.png (1500x582, 351K)

He grabbed it from the Boss before she threw him off the bridge. It signifies his transcendence to becoming the ultimate soldier himself.

a lot of loyalty for a styled bun.

to hide his receding hairline

tell me about dfw. why does he wear the bandana?

hyperhidrosis caused by anxiety, which in turn was caued by narcissism

he is welcoming you to the water

yeah seriously I need the answer

To connect with a younger audience, if you know what I mean.

kek

>you will never get to hear him tell you that this is water

why even live?

gay leftist faggot culture without actually being a gay leftist faggot

it was standard in the 90s/early 00s to dress like a gay leftist faggot

ashamed of male pattern baldness

Tell me about DFW. Why does he wear the bandana?

Attached: CCB97D86-3F2B-48EE-B0CF-DD3E38FEA4F7.jpg (716x768, 79K)

Because his forehead sweats a lot. There's also the Andre Agassi/tennis influence.

if i take off the bandana, will he die?

you're a sincere guy

For you. [1]

1. You, the reader of this comment. [2]
2. This comment, posted on the Tibetan Monk Throat Singing Imageboard Forum known as "4Channel." [3]
3. "4Channel" is the SFW set of "boards" [4] previously combined with the now entirely NSFW website "Yea Forums."
4. "Boards," otherwise able to be described as "sections of the 'website.'[5]"
5. A "website" is a domain on the World Wide Web, otherwise known as "the Internet.[6]"
6. "The Internet" encompasses all domains and acces points to other servers and users across the world, connecting others also accessing/utilizing the "World Wide Web." (See [5].)

It’s so he can crash this unhealthy system of ironic coping with no survivors

It would be extremely honest.

how do i avoid ironic coping? how does dfw want to solve this problem

Was killing himself part of his plan?

Perhaps he’s wondering why you would interview a man and then call him pontificating

underrated

user... please buy my book... infinite turtles

Attached: 1535577761831.jpg (458x288, 20K)

Of course!

Put simply, just allow yourself to be honest and genuine. Face the world as it is, and don't let your mask shelter you from the outer world. Embrace the outside

can i still tell jokes?

Of course, just don't be a snide asshole that subverts expectation.

This is an absolutely masterful post
Top-notch I say

Infinite ammo

To hide his mental illness

Attached: e56c1f5550487afe2e04883e1db537807edff2a44ee3f1962fa70c6a73fbe1df.png (214x252, 21K)

that was a pair of girl’s underwear, you tool.

quality post

I took a creative nonfiction course with him at Ponoma back in '94. We weren't allowed to show anyone our essays outside of the class for some reason. He seemed naturally intelligent, didnt need to look at any notes or textbooks or prepare for any lectures, he just knew his stuff and was super casual.

I saw him talking to a girl on campus one day. He uncharacteristically wore a Fila sweatsuit, the kind that looks like it's made from the same material as parachutes, and trainer sneakers with a matching bandana. That was his pussy hunt outfit apparently. Several times a week, same outfit, I'd see him hitting on women in it. I once saw him wearing it while carrying an identical outfit from the dry cleaners, he had like 4 sets of same Fila sweatsuit.

I asked him about it in class and he said we aren't allowed to discuss anything unrelated to class while inside class, the same way we can't show anyone outside of class our essays. A student called out "but Dostoevsky isn't in this class and last week you talked about replicating his black tea obsession to test its affects on your own writing". Wallace stared blankly at the student with dead eyes for 30 seconds in dead silence then said "you just got knocked down a full letter grade. Any other smart asses? Didn't think so." and pushed up his glasses with his index finger.

I remember telling myself this guy will either be super successful or kill himself.

this is why I still come to this fucking board

IF I TOOK OFF THE IRONY WOULD YOU DIE

Attached: twin-peaks-woodsman-radio.jpg (1349x755, 157K)

It was be infinitely entertaining

a jest

I dropped in from the Yea Forums homepage and after reading through this thread I have to say I hope none of you guys are aspiring writers. I don't frequent Yea Forums but the attempts at humour on display here were painful to read through, if this is where the board has been reduced to I don't think I'll be making any effort to return.

Yikes.

reddit awaits, pseud. don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

Attached: leddit.png (2900x4025, 138K)

Source? Never knew he cared about VR.

you're a sincere guy

Yes, this board has been on a downward slope in quality since 2012 and hit rock bottom in 2016 and it hasn't gotten any better since. No reason to come here at all. Go to warosu and check out threads from 2011 even, if they still exist. This used to be a board that people interested in literature would have to seek out, like undergrad English majors, now it's mostly just normie tourists, dumb hick phone posters, pol turds, and underage kids obsessed with dumb memes who don't even read. People telling others to go to reddit don't realize this website is just the other side of the same coin. A completely mainstream, watered down version of what it used to be, a place that popularized being a contrarian. I wish there was a different website now that could fill this roll, maybe a website that would require tor or something, I dunno, something that dumb normies can't get to so easily.

is this pasta

this is a sacrilege, it's gross.

Infinite ammo

Seconding this, is this a part from IJ that I just don't remember?

Attached: gangweed.png (680x907, 888K)

how post modern of you

oof… powerful

U U U U

He was a wigger

how much do you think it would cost to buy that bandanna right now?

what if deep down I actually sincerely am a snide asshole?

Saturnism
The ring around the planet is the ouroboros
or a man grabbing his cock

He wanted to buy banana once but salesman heard "bandana" and sold him bandana. Since David was so socially anxious he didn't corrected the guy and he end up wearing bandana.