Yea Forums drops the pale king

so much for this. anyone continue reading even after the heat death of the reading group?

Attached: 1551008017096.jpg (600x916, 115K)

You fucks are a bunch of idiots, I swear to God. Stop trying to read these big, fat books along with Yea Forums. It just doesn't work. Why don't do a reading of some Borges' tales with Yea Forums? That could actually amount to something. They're short, philosophical, puzzle-like, It's not a huge commitment etc.

I read it twice, before your reading group began. It's one of my favorite novels. AMA

lol fag

Why'd he do it?

money

Kinda sad it died, had already read it but was mostly looking forward to discussions on later sections. I might draw up my impressions of the whole and post it for more discussion, though.

Audience pussy

Why did you guys give up? All I heard was "too much autism in the thread". I'm really glad I didn't join.

>You fucks are a bunch of idiots, I swear to God. Stop trying to read these big, fat books along with Yea Forums. It just doesn't work. Why don't do a reading of some Borges' tales with Yea Forums? That could actually amount to something. They're short, philosophical, puzzle-like, It's not a huge commitment etc.

our 2015 infinite jest group made it through most of the book if not all

I am, shame about what the threads devolved into.
If the guy who mentioned it comes back to the thread could you tell me where the 4 cut chapters could be found?

I simply finished it desu.

Sure, I'm reading. Slowly. The long political culture conversation but was dreadful and way worse than the secret agents' conversations in IJ. It's now doing a guy who was a wastoid. It's very convincing, aside from the descriptions of the father, which are a little idealised and feel like part of the fetishising of 50s mainstream culture that a lot of Americans are into. Not that it's new fro writers to believe that everything was at its peak one or two generations ago.

it doesnt have to be dead. we could resurrect it

Yeah I finished reading that really long section last friday, but haven't read any more since. I plan on reading a bunch this weekend. The threads kind of sucked and imploded but I will give credit to them for finally spurring me to actually read the book. I intend to stick to the original timetable.

I gave up before it started, a few days before the reading date, spoilers were already being given.

I think these threads need more structure, mainly the discussion thread should not start until that section of reading is complete and they should be limited to the the section they are for. I considered just ignoring the threads until I completed the weeks reading, but the discussion was all over the place and going beyond the previous weeks section.

For me these sorts of groups only work if everyone sticks to the schedule, people can not help themselves but give shitting foreshadowing and spoilers if they are ahead of the group.

I am still reading it, going along at a leisurely pace, having fun taking my time reading a book for a change.

I was interested in it and posted my thoughts and interpretations, but it turned into a 140 character shitshow.

lit doesn't read anymore
>Reading for the plot
wallace is a hack

I don't have a copy but if would I would be reading it

You bitching like a woman because I talked about one scene as if you can spoil a series of anecdotes, and then everyone sucking the tripfags dick is why I spammed the threads. You sound like you should fuck off from Yea Forums faggot

It's been what, the better part of a month? And you're still assmad about people who contributed to the threads getting more attention than you?
I feel really sorry for you, I can't imagine what it must be like to be so cripplingly autistic that you can't help but react with screeching rage when you get upset.
You killed a good thing.

Attached: 123.jpg (680x700, 185K)

>boo hoo I love tripniggers
Fuck you faggot I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Newfaggot retard piece of shit

its like you guys are TRYING to shit up the threads
anyways, since this thread has already started going to die i guess this shows what will eventually happen, good luck on finishing it on your own, this is the last thread i post

Leave 4channel you dickskinned retard

are you even allowed to say that on 4channel?

I'm sorry you have this much anger over something so inconsequential

This is the second time Yea Forums has tricked me into reading something.

>m-maybe I can shame him on fucking Yea Forums ;_;
>I'm s-sorry that you're using the same website as me!
>You should behave!
You faggots had options and time. I started just derailing with honestly probably you lmao just calling you reddit for an hour and a half. If that was you you should be embarrassed for helping me -obviously- accomplish what I was trying to do when you didn't agree. Then after Nate the Snake, you retards couldn't take the hint and the tripfag wouldn't accept he was the cause. So you got my immortal. Ron broke much faster than I expected desu. I had even declared a cease-fire but he had zero resolve. Oh well, I guess no one can ever read the book now.

woah you sound cool

>still going with the shaming attempts
you sound like a newfaggot. Stop sucking off tripniggers if you want nice threads.

I like the image :)

You must have started up after I left, people were just dropping stupid clues as to what was coming, and what I saw coming in that thread was ruined surprises, so I left.

You have anger issues.

>I had even declared a cease-fire
>implying you could ever contain your autism
Guarantee you would have been triggered by something just as if not more pathetic than people paying attention to a tripfag before long if the threads kept going

Believe whatever you want to believe man. If you want to go back to warosu and look you're going to see everything build as a response and reaction to the tripfag. Are you the same guy bitching about spoilers from earlier? Because that is all that retard did after we all agreed not to, but hE WrOtE aN eSsAy On dFw

Attached: 1552361313289.jpg (706x674, 124K)

All I've ever bitched about is your spamming killing the threads.
Answer honestly, have you ever been diagnosed with any kind of complex? If not you might want to see a professional, I'm sure you've got some kind of disorder.

You really need to stop dude. I'm sorry you a buttflustered newfaggot and everything but too bad. If you want my life's story I'm approaching 30 and married. My wife used to use Yea Forums with me back in like 06/07 but even though she's an olddyke she doesn't browse. She did laugh when I told her I was going to destroy the reading group though. I'm sorry that 2 hours of effort on my day off in between reading TPK was enough to turn you into an armchair psychiatrist. I literally posted all of the nate the snake joke on my breaks at work, no consequence to me at all. Maybe you should lurk moar.

Attached: 1539123002090.jpg (815x1024, 103K)

You lost the thunder, Doctor. It's over

Tripfags are ok for dedicated threads. You're trying way too hard.

He was a nigger and wanted to show off his grad student knowlege and actually spoil things (OH KEEP IN MIND THERES LE GHOST, ITS THE GUY WHO DIED IN CHAPTER 2). Fuck him and fuck you.

You openly said you were going to chase people away from the book, you just said you told your wife you were going to destroy the thread, is this how you defend your thesis? Chase as many away from the book so they can not see it's flimsy premise? It does not really matter if you only spent two hours on your day off, you wasted that time, counterproductive and you knew it.

>You openly said you were going to chase people away from the book
No, I said fuck the tripfag
>you wasted that time, counterproductive and you knew it.
I wasted my time on Yea Forums? Oh heaven forbid

Holy FUCK boys. Chapter 23 after the wastoid chapter. How can anyone endure this? I had to skip it. The next chapter is experimental and it felt like a sick joke with everyone in the office flipping a page after I had to skip ahead and see how long that chapter was and ultimately decide to skip it entirely. Maybe I'll go back to it tomorrow but jesus christ. Fo now, I'm gonna move on. Its not finished right heh?

Attached: 1551086281168.png (803x688, 400K)

To continue, reading that chapter made, as the narrator of the section put in the "author's forward", "my eyes roll back in my head". I would have killed myself too writing this. I think that the Nate the Snake joke that got spammed might be less painful

Chapter 23 is one oft the best. Read it.