Our Father in heaven

Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You’re in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You’re ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Attached: file.png (275x183, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlil
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good thread

This is so cucky.

>our father, who FART in heaven

Attached: 0_TUu2uJgm7NiAp66S.jpg (375x281, 16K)

>No using the name of God, your God, in curses or silly banter; God won’t put up with the irreverent use of his name.
>Exodus 20:7

>say something goofy
>get sent to hell for all eternity

>our father who plagiarised in heaven

The Old Testament doesn't concern Christians.

Then why do they still antagonize and oppress homosexuality?

Jesus Christ, is that The Message paraphrase? Good Lord Almighty that is a shitty paraphrase. How useless. I hate it. Im not KJV only or something stupid, but The Message is the most useless narrow paraphrase ever. Disgusting and heretical.

Homosexuality is a sin. Much of the Old Testament laws are civil or liturgical, however, practicing homosexuality is in direct and implicit violation of God's created order for the world and is a sin, not just a violation of "law".

Also it is spoken about in the New Testament too.

Thirdly, Christians don't oppress homosexuals. Fuck off with that bullshit. You've got like Westboro Baptist church who are universally hated and bakers that won't make cakes for gay weddings.

Where is it said to be a "sin"? The Old Testament? But that doesn't concern Christians, like you said. The New Testament almost never mentions it, and only refers to it through Paul, who was himself only referring back to Judaic laws taken from the Old Testament. But if Christians don't have to follow the Old Testament, what makes homosexuality a sin? Jesus never said a word on it specifically.

Christians do indeed oppress homosexuals, whenever they can do so. They've lost a lot of ground in the past century, but they still try wherever possible to keep the gays away. I was also referring to Christians as in "the religious group of the past 2000 years", not merely the modern generation of them.

The New Testament also has stuff about homosexuality being immoral

see

‘Fadda,
We like all da peopo know fo shua how awesome you stay,
An dat you stay good an spesho.
We like you come King fo everybody now.
3 Give us our food fo today an every day.
4 Let us go, an hemo our shame
Fo all da bad kine stuff we do to you,
Jalike we let da odda guy go,
An we no stay huhu at him
Fo all da bad kine stuff he do to us.
No let us get chance fo do bad kine stuff.’

Attached: Wojak.png (645x773, 9K)

>Christians don't oppress homosexuals. Fuck off with that bullshit
You're not from the South, are you?

But the New Testament DOES mention it.
Violation of God's intention or ideal is by definition, sin.

I wasn't the guy that said Christians don't have to "follow" the Old Testament. The Old Testament is a lot more than rules, though too. There's basically small parts of Exodus, the book of Leviticus, and parts of Deuteronomy that are the general "rule" sections, but a lot of it is historical (or at least written narratively, if you don't believe its historicity).

Homosexuality was a sin before the levitical law even came into existence, and it is a sin after levitical law. Because it's a perversion of goodness. It's a corruption.

As far as Christians oppressing homosexuals, I don't know what else to tell you. Some people are belligerant and stupid. Christians ought to recognize it's a sin, at the least, but they also ought to believe it on par with every other injustice and corruption of Goodness. People that despise their neighbor for being gay, all the while stealing or lying or cheating, are immature. Even if they were perfect, but they despised their neighbor for his sin, they're immature. The prayer for Christians shouldnt be "Dear God please kill this fucking sodomite for ruining my country"...it should be more akin to asking for mercy and revelation for the person so that they can change.

People who act otherwise aren't Christian, they're American. And putting country before God is fucking useless.

Attached: coon_Ahem_0.jpg (970x970, 118K)

I replied to myself on accident because I'm retarded and its 4 in the morning.

THOU SHALT NOT PUT THE LORD TO THE TEST

Again, the Old Testament has nothing to do with Christians.

Alright, but seems to be avoiding my query to him here . I'm still awaiting a response.

12020-1
>Getting insulted on behalf of a semitic thunder god

Attached: 1546526119072.jpg (771x740, 78K)

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

With a c*ck like that, why SHOULDN'T we be worshipping him desupai?

Either that or the voice. Both really cringey.

I don't see penises as the center of religion, but your mileage may vary.

>Christ was jewish
>He lived by the Torah
>Ignoring the basis our Messiah lived upon
You are christian though right?

I thought he was a Semitic war god.

I'm not sure, but I think he evolved from the old Canaanite storm god, can't remember its name right now, but it's very apparent in some Old Testament chapters like Psaulms 74 (slaying Leviathan).

Do you think the OT depicts deities the same as those from the Canaanite pantheon, and the same as the Annunaki of Sumerian culture? What do you make of the picture attached? What were these murals depicting, and these mythologies sourced in? Real, supernatural beings of some kind?

Attached: annunaki-in-the-bible.jpg (585x311, 36K)

>Christ was jewish
>Christ taught about the heart behind the Torah, reforming the current Jewish legalism
>Acknowledging the Torah and the Prophets and Writings while recognizing their fulfillment in Christ, and their accurate historical place.

Yeah. I'm a Christian.

>But that doesn't concern Christians
You should at least do some basic googling before making such ridiculous theological assumptions

Is this that Pidgeon Creole that the BBC likes to promote? XD

see you should read the thread, before posting in it

>Matthew 5:17
The purpose of the law of the Old Testament was fulfilled by Christ following all of them perfectly, it is no longer necessary to live by the old laws, only the new laws set out by Christ in the New Testament

This is a dispensationalist view which very few protestants, and neither the Catholic nor Orthodox church, hold to. OT law, with the exception of ceremonial law, still serves as a standard by which we can see the evidence and fruits of salvation. No one can uphold the law perfectly, but unrepentant disobedience is not a good sign.

The name is ultimately derived from Enlil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlil

At least someone's honest. Why aren't you guys still stoning homosexuals then, if Levitical laws are still valid? You hate their behavior, and consider it a sin against your God's will, yet you don't pursue the punishment your God commanded for it, which is still in effect? Why the half-hearted obedience? Follow through on the statute, as you're told to.

You'll never get an honest response from these types, so just leave it dude.

Jesus quotes this, though

Liar, liar, Bible on fire...

>Yes. Yes. Yes.
YES

Listen to him. Stop wasting your words.

yfw there is no god and you have daddy issues

Attached: 40545180_275515906613240_3660067608054464512_n.png (640x960, 668K)

>Why aren't you guys still stoning homosexuals then
Because Christ fulfilled the law. Instead of rocks, we throw pocket-size NTs that outline the requirements and plan for salvation in the first few pages. In ecclesiastical matters though, we need the moral law in order to determine who is worthy of authority over the flock, who rightfully belongs to the flock, who is straying, and who should be condemned.

Attached: file.png (858x1000, 1.81M)

you sound like a shitty person

I deal with same-sex attraction myself, and I know a couple of people at my church that do too. The difference is that we gave up those sinful pleasures in order to follow Christ. When the Holy Spirit begins to work in you, there's no choice. His grace grants a joy much greater than any pleasure of the flesh ever could.

>If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
>(1 John 1:6-7)

>But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
>(1 Corinthians 5:11)

>For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
>(Romans 8:6)

Christ is waiting for you, user.

jesus is dead, son

Attached: images (2).png (399x322, 12K)

Nah, you're just liars and hypocrites. You know very well the sin is still sin, and the punishments still apply. The fact you do not apply them means that, despite being no more than slaves, you can't even follow orders properly. You use scriptural backing for your beliefs, without following the scriptural statutes they entail. A true Christian would not only kill every homosexual they could manage, but would make sure to do so via stoning, since God's word is eternal, and societies must not evolve beyond God's eternally expected design of them.

are you literally even capable of reading

christianity is an ancient poison. our species is smart enough to not need santa claus or the tooth fairy anymore. rid yourself of that nonsense.

>For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
>(1 Corinthians 4:4-5)

>Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
>(Matthew 28:19-20)

Preach, baptize, uphold the Truth. How am I supposed to kill a man without considering that it may be God's intention to open his eyes further down the line?

If you believe YHWH is Jesus's father, and the Old Testament his scripture (since you guys love to mention how Jesus was prophecied of in there), revealing his will to the world, which still stands, else the entire corpus must be discarded. You cannot look to it for your moral stances while ignoring its statutes which follow those moral perceptions. There's nothing in those statements of Jesus which negate the Old Testament of being true, there's nothing he said either for or against homosexuals, and if you hold the rest of the OT as true, save for whatever he specifically overturned (stoning of adultery, for example), then you really ought to be following its laws. It's clear YHWH doesn't desire homosexuals to follow him, but desires his followers to kill those of homosexual disposition.

Why you aren't you following his decree, however, is unclear.*