Where are the Zoomer novelists? Any novels published by big companies by authors under 30?

Where are the Zoomer novelists? Any novels published by big companies by authors under 30?

Attached: boomers-to-zoomers-administrator-education-5-generations-at-work-and-in-school-4-638.jpg (638x479, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/pop-culture/2013/01/25-best-novels-written-by-writers-under-30/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope I'm published by age 28. I'm 25 now.

You need like three previous published works in order to get published now. Just like any other job market... Quality doesn't matter, HR wants you to do their job for them by ticking boxes.

Me. Pretty soon.

Maybe I'll write some short stories.

Plug your book!

I've never done short stories, just went straight to novels. I've read tons of them and loved them, just never had the urge to try writing any.
I only write depressing stuff anyway.
are there magazines for "please purchase a subscription so the authors can afford antidepressants"?

Did you get your novels published?

>I haven't found a job yet
>because of my student loans

>Where are the Zoomer novelists?
The oldest Zoomers aren't even out of college yet.

If I did, would I be here?

Im sure student loans arent the reason they cant find jobs lmao

going to college is the reason

The oldest zoomers are 24.

The real reason is because its a cartoon. Young people have jobs, they're just not very good jobs.

I don't think much of anything published by anyone under 30 will be of merit. Obviously, there are exceptions. In your 20s you should be honing your craft and trying to get published in as many magazines as possible.

What about 25 year olds?

Uh, what about the many classics that were written by young writers?

Attached: 51lmTfDL9fL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (328x499, 27K)

complex.com/pop-culture/2013/01/25-best-novels-written-by-writers-under-30/

>complex.com/pop-culture/2013/01/25-best-novels-written-by-writers-under-30/
Most recent is Zadie Smith, almost 20 years ago.

rest my case

How?

Well, if those are the supreme examples of people in that range creating art, then there are some truly great works, but not many.
Pynchon, for example, is a genius imo, but V. is about on the level of his "Slow Learner" era work. It's nothing compared to what he'd go on to do. That he got published is a testament to his unique talent, or his luck, but it doesn't impact my point. Pynchon started in magazines and you should too. If you end up 24 and getting published, great (maybe), but having a novel published asap shouldn't be the goal.
If you've had some life experience and are also decently read maybe you can be the next Hemingway, but don't count on it. If you want to be the next Toole, be my guest.

No they're not. They're 22, going onto 23.

Attached: download.png (341x148, 5K)

If it is good to try people in this art, it's not true, the majority.
For example, the company is an expert, V. is a "professional" at work. This can not be solved. He wrote to one man as a witness, but he did not remember his thoughts. We have to start by getting to know Pincerson. But when it's 24, it's a positive thing.
If you read and speak well, you have to follow, but do not follow. If you want a tower, do the job.

Wasn't Dubliners written by Joyce when he was around 20-22?

maybe he got the idea for it, but it wasn't published until he was 32

The oldest zoomers are 19

What are the best magazines to be published in?

Attached: 2435353464545.png (500x528, 172K)

yes, the eagles wrote hotel california about Yea Forums

Seems like 27 is the modal age here. I've still got time fellas.

Don't incur debt you can't pay.

Im 22 and working on my first novel, 70,000 words in. Im not expecting to get published but im still happy to have done it

Are 25-year-olds zoomers? What happened to millennials, liquidated by generational marxism?

The average zoomer is like 4 or 5. Don't think we'll be seeing novels anytime soon.

lol

holy fuck all of you fucking boomers thinking that the boomer/zoomer meme has anything to do with age, its a mentality you worthless fucks

Attached: D1ULA-HX0BAOaKw.jpg (613x531, 57K)

No, zoomers were born in the late 90s /early 2000s

>THE MEMES REALLY ARE REAL GUYS
lmao

>zoomers were born in the millennium years
Imagine getting tricked this bad by marketing firms?

self publish with private presses like Chad does

makes no sense, fuck off my board brainlet

>generations are a mentality
>xoomers were the real zoomers

Attached: 1501395747444.jpg (960x960, 201K)

Gender is a feeling.

I'm the oldest zoomer at 31 years old.

Run for congress.

try for a journal at your local university, their standards are often quite low

Don't zoomers have the mistaken notion you have to have a degree to be anything?
>MFA to call yourself a painter
>BA to call yourself a designer
>MEL to call yourself a writer
>PhD to call yourself intelligent
>BSc to call yourself anything in STEM

I don't think they actually publish much because they're dumb as bricks and listen to the garbage they've been told for 20-30 years, stating "You can't be an anthropologist without a degree." etc. etc.

Am I wrong?
Is there anyone worth reading or listening to

Well I'm 32, May birth, so you're beat.

>MEL
What?

Published how? As a novelist or short story writer? And what’s your novel about?

I’m 27 with a few short stories published and let me tell you... hasn’t helped my writing career one bit. Finally succumbed to the 9-5 eight months ago.

Are you happy with what you’ve accomplished at your old age?

I'm writing a novel with two narrators, brother and sister. They're 18 and transgender. The brother meets an out trans girl and some cis lesbians. Before he transitions, he has a relationship with one of the lesbians. The sister finds a boy with a violent plot.

Sounds terrible, I’m sure you’ll get a seven figure book deal though.

>Finally succumbed to the 9-5 eight months ago
I'm a college dropout, so I can't do that shit.

That's only because you're cishet. You'll be cancelled soon enough.

Good. Consider it a blessing. You escaped the worst imaginable prison. Don’t let some miserable, 401(k) contributing, middle aged doughball ever tell you otherwise.

Good thing I get SSI.

Neetbux