What books are red flags

What books are red flags

Attached: IMG_20190313_131340.jpg (1080x725, 162K)

More or less anything feminist. While it's certainly very possible that someone could read something like the Bell jar or Handmaiden's tale and not be a totally broken and worthless person, I've yet to meet a girl who liked those books who was capable of anything even approximating independent thought.

Someone already made a chart from that thread lmao

We should make an anti-red flag chart. What books would put Yea Forums off dating someone?

Attached: REDFLAGBOOKS.png (648x2936, 1.87M)

We've already got a thread about this you dumb cunt

any book by nonwhites

1. Anything by non whites
2. Anything by non males

Why Zarathursta tho? I'm reading it in public rn

they just hate Nietzche even though theyve not read him

>tfw only read 2 books on this list

Wow, I really need to step up my game.

The bell jar and handmaiden's tail are feminist? No, they're light novels.
Have you even read SdB?

I read Evola in public

1. Anything by non-Europeans (including all Americans, and Europeans of Jewish decent)
2. Anything where any group or category of people, and especially women, minorities, or sexual deviants, are portrayed as victims

Attached: 1517148404781.gif (500x800, 1.85M)

>90% of literature

My bad I didn't see the other thread. Mods prune this

why is there so many beat poets in there? i clearly see why the catcher in the rye or eat, pray, love would make it... but i dont think the late 60s countercultural writers like ginsberg, borroughs or kerouac belong there.

>im reading it in public rn
thats why

Usually the guys who like Kerouac and Bukowski are drunken bums. Burroughs and Ginsberg fans are depraved faggots

>american psycho is mysoginist meme
It's genuinely baffling to me that BEE got into so much trouble with feminist activists for writing what is essentially a satire about a certain kind of materialist culture that breeds sociopathy.
Just guessing, but I'd say women mostly associate it with 'when you go to the woman, bring the whip', will to power, god is dead, and narcs who think of themselves as the center of the universe.

Most of those books arent even particularly bad? And the faggot that made it was obviously some upset incel that hates PoMo,Beats and just put Rand in there because every1 hates rand hur durr. Shit list.I dont even like some the books listed but the chart looks like it was mad by some depraved incel

Because they're 'privileged white boys' who were only able to live their Yea Forums lifestyle because they were privileged

they hate Burroughs because he shot his wife

I made the chart, I literally just went through the twitter thread and picked the ones which had the most upvotes. Sorry for upsetting you user

Attached: watasad.jpg (235x214, 6K)

Most of those are bad or mediocre so nothing of value lost. Thus Spake Zarathustra is the only exception but Genealogy is better.

I kind of understand why Camus is here, but what about Ginsberg and the other beats?

Don't worry, you made a green flags list for everything that isn't shit like Eat Pray Love. Those vapid, resentful Twitter cunts can go fuck themselves in spinster-dom.

Can someone fill me in on Eat, Pray, Love? Why is it a red flag?

seeIm surprised too because I live in a pretty liberal city and most hipster types really like the beats. I guess twitter feminists are just extra vitriolic

>another privileged white girls complaining about privileged white guys twitter thread

Attached: really.jpg (225x225, 6K)

The title, the aesthetic, the story

Attached: laffn.gif (344x426, 714K)

I literally never heard of this book so after some googling I can only assume it's for the same reason they hate the beats.

If this thot things Lolita is just a pro-pedo book and not the greatest display of prose in the last 100 years then she's the red-flag

>Gravity’s Rainbow
Why?

its my fav book of all time but I understand kindof, thots want a normal boring guy and not a weirdo

twitter literati seem to think postmodern bookstoppers are ''dudebro literature''. Books that only men understand and are tedious to anyone else

really they just hate big books and dont want to admit it

At the same time though I've known lefties who really liked Gravity's Rainbow because of the sex positivity.

Attached: drinktea.jpg (225x225, 7K)

So basically they hate Gravity's Rainbow because they havent read it

I don't understand why people hate On the Road so much? Is it just because it is stereotyped as an "adolescent book" which you read in high school to bolster your teenage non-conformity? I read it when I was something like 25 (I'm not American) and thought it was a decent book. I think it is wholly appropriate to compare it to Céline's "Journey", which has been in many instances lauded as one of the top 100 novels of the twentieth century. Of course, Céline's book is much better but I think Kerouac does a good job trying to create something similar.

Maybe it's also the association with the whole "Beat movement" which puts people off? Even though "On the Road" needn't be read as any kind of Beat manifesto or any other kind of manifesto for that matter, really.

Don't understand why Naked Lunch, it's not even particularly popular as status-signalling. Is it a beat thing?

If any of these is your favourite book, you are indeed a pleb. And worse, you don't know you're a pleb

Ayn Rand for sure

yeah and because Burroughs shot his wife

Harry Potter is a red flag for me since I don't go for 14 year olds.

Guns, Germs and Steel

What about Whitman?

Nobody posted about him

Wouldn´t necessarily consider it a red flag per se (honestly its just too present with women, like, 90+% of them not just read it, but would put it up there as at least one of their favorites) but as soon as it combos with other young adult stuff it would put a serious dent into my opinion of that person.

Easily Nietzsche or normie shit like Fahrenheit 451, 1984, etc.

This book is a red flag for people who are clueless about history.

Ayn Rand, for sure.

It's basically Yea Forums's entry level chart lmao

Are you actually this disingenuous as a person that you're going to pretend that Sylvia Plath and Margaret Atwood weren't explicit about their motives behind writing those books and weren't prominent figures in Feminism? Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you are so blatantly dishonest?

someone in the twitter comments denounced the whole on the road thing as cultural, since its mostly americans having a negative association with that book. she herself was from the uk; its less known in the overseas, so therefore there is no narrative around it.

and also, if you read that book its quite misogynistic, i.e. Neal calling women sluts; additionally every woman in this book seems to be only god for 3 things:sex, betraying someone or doing housework.

what most people miss is that, in my opinion, the culture of america in the 50s/60s was broadly and openly by todays standards misogynistic and kerouac just was a part of this culture aswell. It serves therefore more like a document (people dont call it the beats manifesto for no reason) of the culture it inhabited than it explicitly being a novel.

theres nothing wrong with reading kerouac or ginsberg or borroughs, it just doesnt serve you well in todays dating market since its considered outdated when it comes to the perspective on females; so therefore, yes it would be weird to call it your favorite book.

the stereotype of the adult book would be another social construct, which serves nothing but the power structure, break free from it and read whatever you want to, even if that means reading a YA novel at 67.

Why? Is a Bible a red flag?

>Is a Bible a red flag?
Unironically yes

i wanna be a writer but im only half white. I'll never make it in the market

It's the sort of thing a neurotic pedant will be sure to make sure you know he reads.

Boojwah Decadence: Roastie "Finding Herself" Edition

How To Be A Serial Killer and Kill a Bunch of People. If this is some one's favorite book I stay the HELL a way! lol!

>'when you go to the woman, bring the whip'
A lady says this, though.

thats so uncreative that it actually hurts to read that. if you've got nothing to say, just say nothing.

Attached: b000afd1a0ecdcee10bb4a916192398e.jpg (400x640, 50K)

found a random blog with all of these books. I can't find them anywhere on Amazon or Goodreads. This shit isn't real... is it???

Attached: based.jpg (399x640, 79K)

this one is particularly based

Attached: socialwelfare.jpg (399x640, 59K)

To bring it up a book like GR when first getting to know a woman is socially naive and would make you either look weird, or like you were trying to brag about smart you are. Either way, not something someone dateable would do.
Same goes for most of these books, especially Lolita.
I'm a pretty good pianist, but when I'm talking to a woman about music I don't lead with my knowledge of early 17th century fugues, I'll talk about normie music.

>just went through the twitter thread
Well, there's yer problem!

Attached: 1550561651098.png (446x399, 9K)

lolita is one of the most popular books of the last century

I don't think it would be an individual title that would set off a red flag. It would be a genre' that's read often enough to establish a trend instability, insanity, lack of maturity, or a multitude of other personality defects.
Reading just one book would be intellectual curiosity. Repeatedly focusing on a certain area is what indicates the makeup of ones personality.

Attached: keep them in control-orwell.jpg (480x338, 46K)

That's a myth the Jews perpetuate to brainwash people into reading it.

Yeah, but if you bring it up as your fave book on a first date you are socially retarded. Pick any other book that doesn't involve child rape ffs

Not really, both of my extremely normal parents read it decades ago and they're not exactly digging through crates for obscure books

I tried explaining this book to a non male but she didn’t understand.

Attached: 83A62A0B-28CD-4801-9178-6728E95E2577.jpg (220x329, 25K)

There's very few people who will understand the appeal of O'Brien.

r u american by any chance

>"Actually, disregard that - I'm a huge faggot", said Anonymous No. 12757273, but it was difficult to understand him because of all the dicks in his mouth

considering the woman in question is both an uptight moral scold and a hack author herself I'd say it's like a 90% chance he was fucking with her and a 10% chance of social retardation

>dating

They’re white (see: Jewish) privileged Yea Forums lifestyle living rapists/pedophiles.