Who is the Phillip Glass of literature?

Who is the Phillip Glass of literature?
Or alternatively, which author's books are best complemented by Glass' music?

Attached: ENO1516-Akhnaten-Anthony-Roth-Costanzo-and-Company-Richard-Hubert-Smith.jpg (1499x1000, 487K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iD2NgNvt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: shining-all-work-and-no-play-makes-jack-a-dull-boy.jpg (500x368, 32K)

Some middlebrow crap. Ian McEwan or something.

Beckett
Borges
Coetzee
Kafka

Glass is my favourite composer
Fuck the pseuds

This
fuck minimalism and fuck american classical "music"

Glass is literally the essence of musical pseudry. Soothing, mind-numbing sounds that wear the garbs of actual classical music to impress Yea Forumsfags. The lowest degeneration and commercialization of the minimalist style. Comparing those writers to Glass is a massive insult. They are far more akin to Webern, Schönberg and Shostakovich, for example.

Oh cmon
I hear this criticism of glass a lot
He’s my favourite composer
There’s nothing intellectual to my love of Glass, I’m not trying to intellectualise him to compare the lengths of our classical music girths... when I listen to the pieces for piano like Metamorphoses series, they make me cry. When I listen to the grander Glass like Glassworks and Koyaaniqatsi they make my blood rush, they sound like the apocalypse. When I listen to Einstein on the Beach or North Star I leave my body.
He has carved out a niche in repetition and minimalism yes and it may be repetitive but it has an affect and there is something to be said for that alone.
I’m not comparing him to the authors I listed, that’s retarded comparing writers to musicians as you did.
Glass has made operas based on or inspired by Beckett, Coetzee and Kafka. You can see where I’m going with the Borges comparison if you think for just a moment about The Library of Babel. Lots of Borges work has thematic qualities in common with Glass too (I’m thinking Tlon and Lottery in Babylon off top of my head), the world being consumed eventually by a small element taken to an exaggerated conclusion.
If you think he only makes soothing music... well that’s on you and I’d recommend listening to the live take of Floe performed by Glass Quartet.
Once again, fuck the pseuds

John Cage writes poetry, so probably that

Beckett's Trilogy, and also especially Watt.

>Glass is my favourite composer
why would some one admit this

based post, I agree
two mentions of Beckett, I'll check it out

Beckettposter here:
in order to really get the most out of your reading of those books, you have to read them aloud.

Who's the Arvo Part of literature?

Attached: 1548208888797.jpg (500x334, 23K)

Julien Gracq

hopefully nobody

Go back to your neoromanticism bs

>Glass is my favorite composer

Attached: 68798946-74AD-45FC-A61F-CA4EEA1C22D5.jpg (1000x918, 169K)

Thanks user. Looks interesting.

can't have glass without ass

American “classical” includes film soundtracks in my opinion. But if you can’t get behind Glass, what about Moondog?

Just listen to Wind River Powwow (7min.)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iD2NgNvt0

second this, this is what I automatically do when reading monologues