Does the sentence "most things don't seem worth it to have said" make grammatical sense?

does the sentence "most things don't seem worth it to have said" make grammatical sense?

Attached: woodfractal.jpg (1867x1400, 401K)

I don't think so. Try
>Most things don't seem to have been worth saying.

most things that have been said don't seem worth it

most things do not seem worth having been said.

Most things aren't worth being said.

i like this one best

It makes sense, especially in a casual setting, but some of the other versions in this thread are more elegant.

>Half of what I say is meaningless
>But I say it just to be with you, Julia
Why reinvent the wheel?

Yes, but it can be written better.
>Most things don't seem worthwhile to be said.

seemingly most things are unworthy of having been said

The worth of those words is so little, that to speak them now seems a folly.

Those are too stylistically different from OP and would likely be out of place once put in context, especially the second, which also implies the words were not said, or it is reflecting on a past statement, OPs seems to be more of a general statement on the meaningless garbage that is most of what we speak.

I always enjoy the slight subtleties in meaning that come out of these threads, just wish the OPs would give some context so we could actually play with these subtleties.

Yeah, as you said I have no context, so I was just playing around with the phrasing

Sure, we just have the structure and style OP gave us, fairly limiting, I was just trying to push it back towards that to see what else would pop up.

The one i almost did was "most things having been said seem worthless" which I like but does not seem what OP is after since it somewhat implies everyone is aware of the meaningless of what they just said.

I like yours, I’d say that perhaps added punctuation would help, maybe this?

>Most things, having been said, now seem worthless.

I disagree with you that it implies everyone is aware of the meaningless - I think that depends entirely on the context. It definitely has that quality of forlorness and defeat that I think OP is going for, so props.

That is why I said it somewhat implies. i debated various punctuation and wordings but decided i preferred the speed of the unpunctuated, lends an abruptness, directness to it. Punctuation makes it seem like it is trying to be deeper than it is, but context again.

>most things don't seem worth it to have been said

FTFU

English """""""""""""""""syntax"""""""""""""""" aka linguistic legos.

make it "have been said" instead of "have said" and it works.

everyone agrees, you gotta add the been

Attached: 895f2bd7-2648-445e-a2d5-c4bb28abbdc6.png (821x1010, 1.67M)

>don't seem worth to say
>don't seem worth to have been said

Most things don't seem worth having been said.

I think the verb conjugation was missing.