What are some examples of non-philosopher philosophers?

what are some examples of non-philosopher philosophers?

Attached: quote-you-will-never-know-the-feeling-of-a-driver-when-winning-a-race-the-helmet-hides-feelings-ayrt (850x400, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4l1b9wpvzzY
amazon.com/Bobby-Fischer-Comes-Home-Friendship-ebook/dp/B00IEOZ2N4
spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well, Yea Forums?

Attached: main-qimg-665734954f7eb25c8109726e6decb004-senna-different-dimension-monaco.jpg (602x401, 101K)

god I hate athletes, psychologically they feel as if it is warfare, and that winning a car race is the same as a grueling victory over the enemy, truly pathetic self absorbed individuals

I would not really call this philosophy. He is addressing the issue of focus versus concentration, which is covered very well by Brian Enos in Practical Shooting Beyond Fundamentals. If you consider your two racing quotes to be philosophy then you will likely find Enos to be a sage.

Sam Hyde

What a dumb question. Anyone who expresses abstract thoughts could be considered a "non-philosopher philosopher"

Most of the best competitors I have ever known only truly competed against themselves. A lot of them had no idea how to compete against someone else. Of course, none of them were competing in any of the niggerball variants which are filled with people with this fault.

This absolute faggot cope. Do not say: "I've actually experienced combat." In this event, you are even more of a loser cuck faggot.

Yogi Berra, Johan Cruyff.

Not him, but listen to some of the interviews with niggerballers. Many speak as if user's contention were true.

>worship people who kick ball or you are a LOSER FAGGOT

sounds like you just can't handle the fact that your heroes are actually egotistic nobodies

um george carlin and bill hicks xD

Attached: 28939D9F-4669-419D-B66C-71E0BBA0A189.jpg (500x500, 40K)

you are missing the point (not him btw)
>god tier = warriors
>delusional tier = athletes
>shit tier = cunt who complains about athletes being delusional

Dr. Goebbels

Attached: 1528907699779.jpg (810x1024, 101K)

>pointing out an obvious flaw in society makes you worse than said flaw you point out

really smart user

Shit tier = people who observe, form opinions and express them?

He didn’t make a general case for it, just said it applies to this situation in particular

Don't be such a contrarian, its obvious what his line of thinking would mean.

Attached: as.jpg (523x720, 198K)

>god tier = warriors
If I am shit tier then what is the tier below me that is complaining about my critique?

>god tier = warriors
>hellscape tier = people who complain about people complaining about athletes being delusional

>down the rabbit hole we go

Are racers even 'atheletes'? Nigga you sit in a car and press the gas pedal. It's about as physically demanding as me playing Starcraft

Even golf is considered a sport. Racing is way more of an athletic venture than golf.

athletes today basically just means a participant of a sport, we'll be calling professional gamers athletes soon

a modern f1 driver has the same fitness level as an olympic athlete and they lose 10kg per race

have you ever gone through that amount of physical exhaustion in your entire life?

Attached: orangutan-7.jpg (330x549, 34K)

yeah last night with ur mother

>god I hate shitposters, psychologically they feel as if it is warfare, and that winning an argument is the same as a grueling victory over the enemy, truly pathetic self absorbed individuals

>then you will likely find Enos to be a sage
Everybody already considers Senna to be a sage
Watch pic related and you'll see
It might not be >muh moral relativism dialectic materialism tier but it sure as hell isn't not philosophy

Attached: senna film.jpg (1600x1126, 551K)

Shitposting has literally nothing to do with warfare, its a civilized mans game to be ironic and silly, the complete opposite of war. Sport is a caricature, a reenactment of warfare, something to sate the blood lust of man whilst attempting to retain his civility.

>a reenactment of warfare
I would consider it more of a parody.

t. never watched 80s racing

Then maybe you should read Enos as well.

>Yea Forums discussing motorsports
I knew I was surrounded by dweebs but not to this extent. Did somebody seriously compare racing a late 80s f1 car to playing statecraft?? You dumb faggots

Attached: 63vbL2hhmxDkk.gif (240x180, 3.27M)

be gentle with them, they don't know what they're talking about

true intellectuals talk about literally everything

Attached: quote-life-is-5-what-happens-and-95-how-you-react-kanye-west-89-46-87.jpg (850x400, 56K)

Attached: quote-everything-i-m-not-makes-me-everything-i-am-kanye-west-34-48-42.jpg (850x400, 55K)

Attached: quote-nothing-in-life-is-promised-except-death-kanye-west-31-17-74.jpg (850x400, 54K)

based

Goebbels was lying he hated Christcuckery

goebbels, who just believed what ever hitler did, thought jesus was an aryan freedom fighter against jewry, and that paul the jew corrupted his message

Faggot money-making machine block-head postmodernist athlete.
Those are probably not even his own words, some dickhead posted that fake quote pic on Facebook just to get likes.

Based Senna. Both him and Bruce Lee were too exceptional individuals to be left alive past 33/34. Together with Jesus Christ and Alexander of Macedon. None of them left a heir child (Bruce Lee's son was also murdered).

Attached: bruce_lee_3206690-56a5ffd73df78cf7728ad4d0.jpg (768x512, 59K)

nobody uses facebook anymore old man

youtube.com/watch?v=4l1b9wpvzzY
Guy Debord- Comments on the society of the spectacle (1988)

This. Senna was pretty bad at Starcraft even for those times.

Attached: fischerOnWomen.jpg (850x400, 76K)

Truly one of America's greatest athletes.

Greatest chess player ever. He was more creative and hard working than the Ruskies.

Im prolly going to read this amazon.com/Bobby-Fischer-Comes-Home-Friendship-ebook/dp/B00IEOZ2N4

Attached: quote abbout fischer.jpg (850x400, 80K)

A girl saying "no no no, please no" to forced anal sex also makes him unstoppable

Shit b8

I mean Senna did die during a race

Slight giggle

It's better than larping.

Nerd

Rene Guenon

Unironically philip k dick and his exegesis.

>yesterday I woke up sucking on a lemon

Attached: 5DF8C1BE-EFDE-4CBA-BE0B-FF0D7307C384.jpg (717x463, 111K)

based as fuck

Miguel de Unamuno. His most famous works are fiction. Also, Shakespeare and Dostoiévski

>he raped her
Yikes! Are you possibly from reddit?

Attached: 1552503534480.png (1000x689, 562K)

There’s a change of e-mails by Ronaldo’s lawyers were they talk that he admitted that he forced himself on her, and also an interview by Ronaldo himself were he admits she said “no” multiple times. The lawyers were working with the clear fact that their client was guilty of a crime:

spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

Also, it’s important to know that consent to sexual acts can be withdrawn at any time according to the law of most countries, and in the US. So if the girl went to his suite and his room but ended up saying no (even if they were kissing and making out before), it means that she isn’t consenting in having sex.

Some people (really most people) don't like rapists and would avoid associating with them.

Damn, those are all good quotes desu. Ok, third one is meh, but the first two are kino

aren't we all

You do know what board you’re on, right?

Alright, I just finished reading the entire article you sent me. I'll try to respond as concisely as possible but still not miss anything important.
>There’s a change of e-mails by Ronaldo’s lawyers were they talk that he admitted that he forced himself on her, and also an interview by Ronaldo himself were he admits she said “no” multiple times. The lawyers were working with the clear fact that their client was guilty of a crime
The entire article is based on one document and makes all it's point based on this one document. The document is a questionnaire that Ronaldo answered. There are two different versions of this questionnaire. One that basically says Ronaldo raped her and one that clears him. Der Spiegel claims they have the accurate unadulterated version. From the article I had no idea where they got this document from, but it says at the top it comes from a group called "Football Leaks". In 2016 and 2018 they put out massive leaks on corruption and other sinister documents. From what I found it was 7 million documents.

So my question is, do we know if Football Leaks actually reports truthfully? It's hard to say, how do you verify 7 million documents? This one document has been said by Ronaldos lawyers to be fake. Der Spiegels response? Prove it, basically prove your innocence which is ridiculous, nobody should have to prove a document is false if it is put up against you.

>Also, it’s important to know that consent to sexual acts can be withdrawn at any time according to the law of most countries, and in the US. So if the girl went to his suite and his room but ended up saying no (even if they were kissing and making out before), it means that she isn’t consenting in having sex.
Yes she is allowed to cut off sex in the middle of the act, I'm not denying it. I noticed one thing in the article though, the same document Der Spiegel uses to allege criminal activity against Ronaldo (the accurate one that is) says that she actually gave him a handjob and was for the most part very active. She might have said no to one particular act (anal) which Ronaldo should have stopped doing if she said so, but the problem is that she claimed that she never gave him the handjob. So if you're going to be using this document against Ronaldo, you're going to have to question her legitimacy as she has already lied once.

Honestly don't care and generally speaking most men don't care (privately) so long as he isn't a caricature of violence in public, whatever happens in closed doors is on the woman for poor judgement of picking the guy, so long as he didn't drag her there.

My neighbour is this horrible domestic violence type guy and yeah the woman (mid 30s) keeps fucking driving her car around to see him, she never actually leaves because she probably gets off to him being an absolute cunt, she has absolutely no reason to be there.

>She absolutely has no reason to be there
You've got a pea-brained perspective on domestic violence my friend. I think you're an asshole.

Alright, give it a go, give me 1 good reason why she endures this off her own accord.

>You've got a pea-brained perspective on domestic violence my friend. I think you're an asshole.
How is he an asshole for pointing out an obvious fact? You dont trust violent people, simple as. He is not an asshole for pointing out she is retarded for putting her dick in the shredder

Maybe she thinks he'll kill her if she leaves.

This is such an infantile response.
Kill someone? Do you have any idea how difficult that would be let alone to get away with it.
If someone wanted to kill you, you would leave and never come back.
Do you honestly think Stockholm syndrome can turn people into sleeper agents?
Next.
This guy gets it, play with fire and you get burnt, walk into the fire and you're a moron.

nerds are actually higher competitors then athletes. user is just a faggot.

>People in domestic violence situations don't kill each other
this is infantile. People kill their spouses all the time and they usually don't get away with it. I know 2 women personally whose boyfriends tried to murder them before they finally left and got restraining orders.

>I know 2 women personally whose boyfriends tried to murder them before they finally left and got restraining orders.

Ever heard of Lorena Bobbitt

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, they don't get away with it. It's a null/void scenario. It's great that you know 2 women who almost got murdered, I've shaken hands with moon people.
If you're a woman and you get to the point where your "boyfriend" could want to murder you, you're a fucking idiot. Those women were fucking idiots for not leaving ASAP.
You are absolutely accountable for your own choices, even if that means not dealing with your problems.

>When somebody you love hits you its your fault
You're a real son of a bitch. This isn't "being realistic", its just washing your hands

>Falling in love with a psychotic is totally fine and not a clear declaration of your poor judgement of character.
I'm not saying it's her fault for getting it. I'm saying if you get to his bedroom for the 10th or so time and you still don't know him, Darwin is waiting for you to stick a fork in a light-switch.

Yeah except violence isn’t a spontaneous thing that randomly inflicts people like a fever. Unless they are psychopaths like Ted Bundy and hide it very well that is. It’s very easy to identify violent people unless you’re willingly blind. And trust me, most of these women have an attitude of ”but he wouldn’t do it to me!” so they definitely know

Getting abused regularly also fucks with how you think you deserve to be treated. And statistically speaking, in an abusive situation, right after you leave is when they're most likely to try and kill you.

most women even volutarily date violent men because of their capacity to defend them better against other men.
Plot-twist: These psycho men when threatened by other men would run away light-speed only for the woman to get stabbed to death.

Based Tsuu

The regularity is the key here.
What happens the first time she's abused, the very first time?
Is the denial of that fact not a conscription of her poor judgement? You're putting so much accountability on the man's sake to kill them eventually, but this domestic men don't want to 'conclude' their relationships, they want to torture these women forever, it's a lifestyle not an 'event'. Abusive men would rather just start abusing another woman than kill someone and risk prison. To play your card, I know a woman who was abused apart from the one I mentioned eariler, she's bereft of any life herself. She shunned her only son for a period, she lived for the victim status because being a victim made her life seem tragic and honourable, victims are always painted as angels. In reality her life was quite average. Being a victim by choice is hilariously narcissistic because you think people are after YOU, as if you're such a special girl/boy.

I like this one.

Explain

What happened to one of my friends was this. She moved in with a high school boyfriend right after graduation, had a bad relationship with both of her parents. Quickly became the sole housekeeper in a tiny apartment full of degenerates, including a guy who raped her frequently. Scared to move back home, because of her parents, and because she did this instead of going to college. Left her boyfriend. He came to her place of work and tried to strangle her to death in front of her co-workers. She moved back home. Her dad shames her for ever even dating that guy. It was fucked up, I knew him and he seemed harmless too.

Read Plato.

Why was he so based?

Whenever someone brings in a personal account, that is also touching I feel for them, especially the young.
However, after almost every action you could easily put in "and then she left". She didn't have to put herself through any of that, a youthful issue I know, but honestly the state is at a point where if you're a young woman, you can ask for a house fund, no problem, work, no problem. I'm guessing drugs were involved. I really hate to say it, I really do, but your friend has poor judgement and reasoning skills. Which is sad because I'm sure that came from bad parenting, but nonetheless is true. She probably knew the guy did drugs. All of it is just one giant mistake and yet you can't (although you are doing a good job as a friend) deny how much of the tapestry of this was dependant on her enabling of her own poor actions or his. Sad to hear about the father being a failure. I can only guess what happened was she felt out with her father and he didn't have the guts to tell her she wasn't old enough to make her own decisions yet.

Except she did leave eventually and look what fucking happened. Now she lives with her dad who still shames her for it, and she's an attempted murder victim.

Also drugs were not involved. They were just lazy slobs. You make a lot of assumptions about people who are in abusive situations.

Kanye is pretty based here

"...eventually", yes and that precise delay is what I meant by poor judgement.
A general in war realises every second spent waiting/scheming is a second that the enemy could strike. Her dad shames her because he failed himself and can't bare the thought of seeing his failure in her resultant lethargic actions. Yes and being a 'victim' nicely covers up any sort of accountability. No one is ever 100% a victim. Also I'm assuming she was involved with a guy who did drugs because of her poor reasoning ability.

>You make a lot of assumptions about people who are in abusive situations.
And so do you. Your arguments so far has been personal anecdotes

So have yours
>That's what I meant by poor judgment
I mean your opinions of her are the same as those of her father, so insulting him looks kind of weird on you.

François Laurelle

It's called empathy, just because I'm calling your friend in such atrociously callous terms, 'a moron' and consolidating this with your story, doesn't mean I don't feel touched by her supposedly abused youth.
Why not empathise with the father, no one in these stories were there (even you) to tell her to get out early when she was clearly mentally incapacitated by her own ignorance.

based

>what are some examples of non-philosopher philosophers?
"Philosopher" is a strong word, but my choice is Joshua Slocum.

>First man to sail alone around the world, as the title implies
>The book is full of his observations, thoughts, adventures, encounters, and the tales of his journeys
>Fairly insightful and genuinely down to Earth.

It's one of my favorite non-fiction tales, and I love Slocum's style and observations. Barnes and Nobels has a pretty great edition that includes a biography, a glossary of the many nautical terms he uses, and so on, and it's part of their classics so it's fairly cheap.

A favorite line of mine from the book:

"I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so I made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else."

Attached: joshua slocum.jpg (463x700, 75K)

Yeah they are. You tried driving a racecar mate?

The steering alone is holy shit strenuous. Reaction time x high load x controlled exertion. Like trying to drive a weight machine.

Maybe pansy sports like baseball and football.

Hockey coaches run hockey lines quickly the same way Marius did

Attached: Red-Wings-Justin-Abdelkader-beating-in-Mike-Blunden-game-2-Tampa-Bay-Lightning.png (577x382, 489K)

>russians
>strategy

Ressentiment

Everyone can experience this phenomenon and not just by driving but by doing almost anything you're good at

Imagine being the guy who brings Ronaldo to a philosophy discussion

>he thinks there is any sport even slightly comparable to warfare

Cuck boy office workers also die from getting hit by a truck. Can they also be comparable to soldiers?

t. messoy fanboy

Tsuuuuuuuuuuu

bubbles from the tv show 'The Wire'

Attached: 2w0fs7.jpg (633x394, 86K)

t. nerd who got owned by alpha jocks

actually philosophical

I wonder if Ayrton could articulate what it feels like to have a driveshaft jam into your skull?

Proust basically discovered modern temporal experience. Walter Benjamin argues pretty convincingly that it BTFOs Henri Bergson

Attached: marcel-prousts-quotes-7.jpg (600x250, 30K)

Read culture of critique to find out

Attached: MadFrog.png (947x600, 611K)

>Russian Strategy

Throw games against your top dog and accept 12 move draws with the rest of your "comrades".

why was so based Yea Forums?

Ass blasting the soviet union and Roasties left and right.