Self improvement

What are some other non-meme/cash grab books for improving social skills and general self improvement?

Attached: image(2).jpg (720x2277, 661K)

Other urls found in this thread:

portalconservador.com/livros/A.D.Sertillanges-The-Intellectual-Life.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jordan B Peterson's 12 Rules for Life

Science Discovers the Physiological Value of Continence.
Everything else falls into place once you achieve a successful state of abstinence.

Attached: -.jpg (1059x700, 204K)

No amount of visual graphics will change the fact that this is an awful chart

I didn't make it, just stole it from a chart thread. Couldn't think of another visual representation of what I was looking for

midwit general?

Why is it awful?

>an awful chart
going to explain why, jew?

>muh joo
I bet I can beat you up with my nose only(who's quite big I'll have you know)

Requesting answers. I really do want to better myself.

Read it, follow the advice. Much much better than any current self help.
portalconservador.com/livros/A.D.Sertillanges-The-Intellectual-Life.pdf

Attached: TIL.jpg (800x800, 42K)

The only reason it's awful is because there are a ton of typos in there.

Awful chart.

why

Don't bother with asking why, you're not going to get constructive criticism. Yea Forums is filled with jaded boomers who think self-improvement is impossible and would rather jerk off to Joyce, Deleuze, MacDonald (of CoC), or Houellebecq than challenging their world views or uplifting themselves.

Is it too late to start this if I’m 27?

Don't ever ask a "is it too laze to do x..." question ever again. It's weak. It is never too late to start improving yourself and picking up new skills.
You're still young, do you want to be one of those retarded 50 year olds one day that never read a book in their lives?
Also, start with the greeks.

Attached: latest.jpg (3296x2840, 1.89M)

Attached: 1549428411924.jpg (4961x3508, 1.68M)

How does John Cottingham's Philosophy anthology compare with pic related?

Attached: 9780872208599_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg (260x321, 14K)

>obsessing over introductions
never gonna make it

Hey man I just wanna know where to put my money

>thinking anybody has read tons of introductions instead of using one to start off and then get going
do you have your pic-related book already? if so, describe it in a nutshell. is it an anthology of many primary sources with limited commentary, like cottingham? or is it more of a textbook-like summary? if you're inclined to, you can always just start with anthony kenny's history of philosophy or even the socratic dialogue. the purpose is to get you thinking philosophically while also informing you about what philosophy is about and the scope of the field. then you would actually start reading philosophers in whatever order you want. if you spend too much worrying about how to start, when there are so many possible angles of attack that are good, then you'll never read any philosophy.

I was going to start with Bertrand's History of Philosophy with a companion anthology for affordable reference to a wide range of philosophy text and there's a lot of Steve M Cahn's books at affordable used prices compared to the John Cottingham anthology, but I understand what you're saying I guessing it doesn't matter.

Unironically most self-help books are inspired by Greek stoicism, epicurism and skepticism. (The pleb schools of their day)

Okay, I would actively advise against Bertrand Russell's history of philosophy. he's a shill against anything dealing with medieval philosophy or modern continental philosophy. Kenny is much better in this regard.

I've never read Cahn's Classics book, but it seems to get good reviews, it has a decent range, and a sneak peak on Amazon seemed to be good. If that collection is more accessible to you, then go for it.

Kenny as in Anthony Kenny ? Okay, I'll look into it

Yup, that's the one. I'm sure you can find a pdf somewhere like libgen or maybe check your local libraries if that's an option. have a good time with your studies!

Will do

How do I make charts? Something very satisfying about them but I don’t have a lot of graphic design knowledge.

How old are you? Just use Photoshop.

Calling him a Jew when that chart features (((Daniel Kahneman))) twice.

>I would actively advise against Bertrand Russell's history of philosophy.
He is pretty bad with the classics too.

One of the books wasn't written by Daniel Kahneman (brainlet typo), and that one book that was written by him is pretty good.

Attached: 15-47-33-1480961948364.png (960x720, 785K)

most of these books are cringe

I haven't read either but I have heard good things about Thinking Fast and Slow. I don't disregard what he says just because he is a jew. I just make sure to keep my eyes open for anything suspicious.

Attached: 22-46-50-b4ed94b77d24bf330dccf2df1fdfc3c57b61041b8240fba6c2d95682b23337e3.jpg (1939x1384, 425K)

Attached: 1411349534126.jpg (989x1967, 885K)

It's a shame that this chart has been out for two years and barely anybody has critiqued it or expanded upon its ideas. Did anybody read the books?

start with the greeks OP

Attached: 1552000603102.jpg (2948x5020, 2.66M)