Why has there been no galvanizing literary event for the 21st century like there was for the 20th?

Why has there been no galvanizing literary event for the 21st century like there was for the 20th?

Attached: JoyceUlysses2.jpg (444x562, 125K)

We're still waiting on a major war so we can have some good art in the aftermath.

Ulysses was first published in full in 1922, so maybe the literary event of the 21st century just hasn't been discovered or written yet.

Imma do it.

one is unfolding in burgerstan right now.

Attached: lead_720_405.jpg (720x405, 47K)

Thomas Pynchon is stumped.

And in the UK.

Attached: 1134471457.jpg.0.jpg (1200x800, 149K)

Just wait until Pynchon writes Ulysses 2: The Next Day

After the war that's coming, there won't be any art.

Inshallah, brother.

>Ulysses
>Not Infinite Jest

Just wait a bit ;)

we haven't reached critical animu mass yet

Attached: nuke.jpg (752x440, 58K)

were not even a quarter of the way in and you're asking this question on lowkey the most important development in language since the personal computer.

>lowkey the most important development in language since the personal computer
Basket-weaving forums?

*BRAAAAPPPP*
how about this for a literary event haha? ',:^)

The 21st century has only just started, and I'm sure by the end of it, it will feel completely different from the beginning. Moreover, was there such a thing at the start of the 19th century or the 18th century? And most importantly, did people feel that way about Ulysses when it came out? Maybe the book you're talking about has already been published right under your nose and it's fame will grow steadily over the course of the coming hundred years.

But literature is a slow medium, so you just have to wait with that type of stuff. Also, I don't think big events in literature are bound by centuries of the arbitrary lenght of 100 years; maybe the most recent galvanizing literary event was 100 years of solitude or something.

One day I will compile a Yea Forums dictionary complete with etymology and context.
>[COUNTRY] [HOBBY] forum - used to mockingly refer to the site as insignificant, parodying Yea Forums's status as a Japanese animation forum, most common example is Mongolian basket-weaving forum
>did people feel that way about Ulysses when it came out?
Yes
>the most recent galvanizing literary event was 100 years of solitude
Gravity's Rainbow at the very least

>One day I will compile a Yea Forums dictionary complete with etymology and context.
Yeah and one day we'll all put our money together and buy a private island xD

He unironically already wrote Gravity's Rainbow though

You must have missed 2666.

Attached: 2666.jpg (276x400, 59K)

Holy based, William H. GASS approved

Is this the only book worth talking about in the 21st century, posted every time when there's a New Literature is Dead thread.
And yes, Savage Detectives is better.

I've not written it yet.

Pynchon will publish a literal sequel to Ulysses before he dies.