Daily reminder in case people on this board have forgotten

daily reminder in case people on this board have forgotten
>"My wife gave him [Wittgenstein] some Swiss cheese and rye bread for lunch, which he greatly liked. Thereafter he more or less insisted on eating bread and cheese at all meals, largely ignoring the various dishes that my wife prepared. Wittgenstein declared that it did not much matter to him what he ate, so long as it always remained the same. When a dish that looked especially appetizing was brought to the table, I sometimes exclaimed "Hot Ziggety!" --- a slang phrase that I learned as a boy in Kansas. Wittgenstein picked up this expression from me. It was inconceivably droll to hear him exclaim "Hot Ziggety!" when my wife put the bread and cheese before him." -Norman Malcolm, in Ludwig Wittgenstein: A Memoir (1966), p. 85

Attached: C8eyM2aW0AMjPF9.jpg (619x458, 59K)

daily reminder that wittgenstein is not only tremendously overrated in his field of study but was also a literal psychopath who got away with horrendous and unforgivable crimes against innocent children

I could beat the shit out of midwittgenstein even if he had a firepoker

>innocent children
no such thing, humans are born evil

This board doesn’t tolerate Witty haters

>I'm Witty
Thanks user

Why does witty always look so out of place in his own goddamn era? He looks like my history teacher cut and pasted into the turn of the century.

This is true. Children are wicked and depraved instruments of Beelzebub.

>unforgivable crimes
Is this true? Am I being trolled?

he partially bkinded a child after striking him so hard when the poor kid couldn't remember his figures
he was penitent but of course the family of the boy did not give a fuck abiut that noise

nothing is unforgivable.

Attached: Savior.jpg (531x710, 290K)

Yeah, what do you think he used Wittgenstein’s poker on?

ripped a little girl's hair out her head, made her ears literally bleed, beat a boy unconscious, when sent to court lies to the judge about it, denying he did anything, his family then pays everyone off and wittgenstein never received the slightest legal consequence for any of it

you can decide if these are forgiveable or not, in your mind

I thought he didn't lie when he went to court, he just handed in his resignation and ran the fuck away.

he was trying to find himself

Nope, there's no God and the abstract concept of original sin is false. Now, give it a few years and let the selfish animal develop as it well and then you might have something.

sounds pretty based desu

>RFMis perhaps most (in)famous for Wittgenstein’s (RFMApp. III) treatment of “true but unprovable” mathematical propositions. Early reviewers said that “[t]he arguments are wild” (Kreisel 1958: 153), that the passages “on Gödel’s theorem… are of poor quality or contain definite errors” (Dummett 1959: 324), and that (RFMApp. III) “throws no light on Gödel’s work” (Goodstein 1957: 551). “Wittgenstein seems to want to legislate [[q]uestions about completeness] out of existence”, Anderson said, (1958: 486–87) when, in fact, he certainly cannot dispose of Gödel’s demonstrations “by confusing truth with provability”. Additionally, Bernays, Anderson (1958: 486), and Kreisel (1958: 153–54) claimed that Wittgenstein failed to appreciate “Gödel’s quite explicit premiss of the consistency of the considered formal system” (Bernays 1959: 15), thereby failing to appreciate the conditional nature of Gödel’s First Incompleteness Theorem. On the reading of these four early expert reviewers, Wittgenstein failed to understand Gödel’s Theorem because he failed to understand the mechanics of Gödel’s proof and he erroneously thought he could refute or undermine Gödel’s proof simply by identifying “true inPM” (i.e.,Principia Mathematica) with “proved/provable inPM”.

Finally, a Wittgenstein hate thread. Sick of his dick riders. The fact is, Wittgenstein was not even that good a philosopher, but was only good at playing up the “mysterious intense philosopher” persona. He was a poser, and compensating for being an uncreative, untalented family dummy.

>The occasion for Adolf Hitler becominganti-Semiticwas a schoolboy interaction inLinz, circa 1904, with Ludwig Wittgenstein
>In the 1920s, Wittgenstein joined theComintern
>As aTrinity Collegedon, and a member of theCambridge Apostles, Wittgenstein recruited fellow ApostlesGuy Burgess,Kim PhilbyandAnthony Blunt, all students at Trinity—as well asDonald Macleanfrom nearbyTrinity Hall—to work for theSoviet Union.
>Wittgenstein was responsible for the secret of decrypting the German "Enigma" code being passed toJoseph Stalin, which resulted ultimately in the Nazi defeats on the Eastern Front and liberation of the surviving Jews from the camps.
>Both Hitler's oratory and Wittgenstein's philosophy of language derive from thehermetic tradition, the key to which is Wittgenstein's "no-ownership" theory of mind, described byP. F. Strawsonin his bookIndividuals(1958).

Attached: The_Jew_of_Linz.jpg (260x382, 21K)

No no no user!
By reinventing so many wheels, he opened the door to MORE wheel reinventers.

How come Wittgenstein became so popular in the 1980s?

David Foster Wallace wrote a book on him during that time and said word games etc were big in academia at the time. And reading a biography of Elliott Smith from that decade reveals he also attended a college where Wittgenstein was hot stuff.

Like most trends in academia, the prevalence of Wittgenstein scholarship in the 80's was largely reactionary, mostly in regards to the popularity of the post-structuralists.

I enjoy eating what is virtually the same thing for my meals. It's usually a variation of potatoes, beans, rice, or pasta with added stuff. I am a pescatarian with food allergies so I am limited in what I can eat so I guess I have an excuse.

I do cook my own meals from scratch though so I am superior to boxed food people.

>Wittgenstein's mother was Leopoldine Maria Josefa Kalmus, known among friends as Poldi. Her father was a Bohemian Jew and her mother was Austrian-Slovene Catholic—she was Wittgenstein's only non-Jewish grandparent ... The children were baptized as Catholics, received formal Catholic instruction, and were raised in an exceptionally intense environment.
The eternal Judeo-Catholic.
>tfw my ancestors were Jewish converts to Catholicism too

Attached: 1534900466265.jpg (494x566, 67K)