Is it true, Yea Forums...

Is it true, Yea Forums? Are there really people who consider themselves literate while only reading basic whitebread authors like this? If you want to make it with the Stacies of the world, you'd better start brushing up on more modern and diverse authors. Why not take Joyce off the shelf to make room for Nkechi Diallo's new book? A reader who refuses to learn, discover and explore is no reader at all.

Attached: 1552370446240.png (628x588, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/750xor/1_in_line_11hr_wait/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I pay no attention to the ethnicity of a book's author, only to the text therein.

Ask her if she knows Latin or Classical Greek?

>black woman posting about literature on twitter
I dont think this is a stacy user

but i like classics

>I'm white but I like totally don't see race

k sweetie

well literature for a lot of people is about signalling, so is normal for SJW to just use it for that, but other groups like elites have done the same many times

What the fuck does she read then? Like, how can you consider yourself at all interested in literature and "zone out" almost every important, canonical writer? I'm sure there are good coloured writers too, but way fewer

>Joyce
Over the line.

Also,
>Celts
>white

Catcher in the Rye is vastly underrated, if it wasn't mandatory high school reading everyone would have a much higher opinion of it. desu I don't think most teenagers are even capable of properly digesting it or understanding Holden's nature.

How fucking trash tier do you have to call off a date with someone because they enjoyed Lolita? That guy deserved way better than her desu

I’d be fine with them filtering me out, I don’t like black girls anyway.

People will come up with any excuse not to read a book. That is the underlying motivation behind all of these very similar types of Tweets and Facebook status and Instagram stories etc.

>another thread presenting false concern about preformative wokeness

Attached: peepee back side.png (420x420, 4K)

lol nigger

>it's another thread of something that probably didn't actually happen and just woke bitches bickering like they do

how do I get qt black lit girls?

>qt
>black
>lit
>girls
choose one

this is just hipster speak for
"i dont like what you like and thats the primary rule of life i live by"

I know they exist and I must date them

They exist all my sisters are the most Yea Forums
People I know. My oldest one has read easily over 1000 books though she does read for mostly fun though. She likeS mystery books, fantasy, and Romance books.

>hating the novels from English class

The distinginguishing mark of a pseud.

Jokes on you, I am Peruvian

It's all so tiresome, but that is what most of Yea Forums has devolved into

Attached: nite frens kitty.jpg (900x600, 88K)

Why would the fact that someone's favorite book is highschoolcore invalidate them as a reader? It's totally possible for someone to be into obscure patrician stuff and still love Catcher in the Rye.

>Like really ur favorite book is Catcher in the Rye? Did u stop reading entirely after age 16?
I like Catcher because it expressed a similar feeling that I have had, about the loss of innocence inherent with adulthood. I was only able to understand the book as an adult, and did not understand it at all when I read it as a teenager.

>Fat nerdy negro
>A Stacy

OP, the Stacies of the world read Twilight and shit, any delusion of some high cultured super model is pure fantasy

>mystery books, fantasy, and Romance books

do they write?

Who the hell cares who the author is? What happened to judging a book based on prose, themes, coherency, and depth? Goes to show how shallow these people are.

Those are some truly abhorrent choices, but the problem lies in the fact that having favorites is for children. How can you have ONE favorite? It's moronic. I love plenty of specific books, but never would I confine myself to saying that this one right here is better than every other for all of time.

Also, people who vehemently dislike Catcher usually don't like it because they recognize themselves in Holden and want to disassociate from him. It's not emotionally mature adults you see trashing Catcher--consistently it's snot-nosed teens who think they're smarter and more moral than everybody else.

This ability to provoke such disgust (and IMO, terror) in those it so clearly represents is part of the reason why that book is fantastic and truly one of my favorites

You can usually tell how the prose, themes, coherency, and depth will be based upon the author.

Can't say she's wrong on the principle.
Every time an adult tells me their favorite book is harry potter, I tune out, put on a friendly smile, nod a bit, and make an excuse to leave as fast as possible.

maybe she's being dismissive in an attempt to foster an edgy personality? are Yea Forumstwit people fun? is it even lucrative to go down that rabbit hole?

>3 retweets
>50 likes
Why does this literal nobody's opinion matter and how did you even find a tweet this obscure?
>Stacies
>implying Stacies care about books other than The Fault in our Stars or some other chick flick equivalent of books

It's a reply in a much more visible thread.

To the blacks, you're white. You just don't realize it yet because the pink people are still around.

"Basic whitebread authors"

Newsflash nigger, anyone who isn't white isn't a real author. Back to Discord with you you goddamned tranny.

t. Plutarch

I really started to feel bad for Americans

Attached: 1551976800.jpg (906x600, 99K)

lol no

stupid ass white boy

Yes, is there something I can do that will inspire them to avoid me altogether?

Tattoo a swastika on your forehead.

>reading Joyce and Faulkner in high school
Did people actually do this? I lived close to where Faulkner was born and even we didn’t read him in class

Attached: 99E92E69-26D2-400F-8F8D-81F0B9421E3B.jpg (666x1053, 856K)

Why is she advertising how illiterate she is? This is definitely not helping BLM

Some of us read As I Lay Dying in my 11th grade English Class

why. i rejoice in their misery
i hope they suffer more

Attached: 1507556591375.png (885x774, 1.22M)

ah yes I remember reading finnegans wake in highschool

Context for pic?

I wish I read Vonnegut in high school

old.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/750xor/1_in_line_11hr_wait/

Must be the Rick and Morty sauce.

We read Portrait in my 11th grade English class. In high school we also read King Lear, some Tennessee Williams, The Inferno, and my sophomore year all the honors kids had an entire quarter devoted to Thoreau. Perks of going to a Catholic high school.

Here's your next level progressive book bro, now you can call yourself a real literate

Attached: 124124123.jpg (330x499, 37K)