But why literature anons?

But why literature anons?
Explain with simplicity, clarity of thought, and beautiful rhetoric the reason for why you read all these.

Attached: images(19).jpg (200x391, 10K)

Started reading because it was interesting and I thought it would help me understand ppl, Idk why I still do it

I read to become a better writer

I read to learn how to live

fiction distracts me from the misery of my life

>beautiful rhetoric
no.

It's a better, more rewarding form of escapism than film, vidya, and music.

Read because my phone aggravates my visual snow and I need something that stops the people at work talking work at me when i'm on break.
Anons who talk about work to their work colleagues when on break, why do you do that?

I love dead trees, buying them gives me a sense of power, and touching the pages fills me with glee.

Some people enjoy the work:)

>imagine staring at hunks of flattened tree for hours on end in the hopes that someone will eventually love you

I no sooner come into the library, but I bolt the door to me, excluding lust, ambition, avarice, and all such vices, whose nurse is idleness, the mother of ignorance, and melancholy herself, and in the very lap of eternity, amongst so many divine souls, I take my seat, with so lofty a spirit and sweet content that I pity all our great ones and rich men that know not this happiness

It's cool and fun

He raped his wife then tried to play the victim card when she attempted to protect he daughter from him.
He then had the audacity to self-righteously cheat on her. The only worthwhile thing he done for anyone other than himself was to work the land.

While i was reading that book i felt sorry for him, on retrospection I've grew to hate him.

>staring at hunks of flattened tree
lel

>I've grew to hate him.
this makes sense

user please, there is already a stoner hate thread here >this thread is for why "you" suckle at literature's cock

Kekked vonnegutly

>character bad
>disagree with some of his actions
>thus feel writing is bad
>and thus think book is bad
>bark at a thread which literally has nothing to do with the book (except perhaps OP thought it would be a good image as the book writes a good deal about the character's dealing with the same question)
You sir are unironically a woman

You're wasting your mobile data

>2019
>"mobile" data
Get fiber like civilized society you brit prick