Chesterton

Fellas, let us have a Chesterton thread! I just finished my first novel of his and loved it - what do you think of the man, what are some good anecdotes about him, what are his favourite works, ideas and quotes of his?

Attached: gkc_saint.jpg (300x395, 37K)

What did you read? I want to start reading him.

Decent fiction writer but he was absolutely wrong abou Nietzsche. A total misread.

The man who was thursday... It really subverted my expectations - like 5 times in a row!

What did he say about old Fred?

It is now an established fact that all human motive and action is due to Beer; not merely among adults but also among children.

The Dumb Ox
mom used to get books for a $ from nun—that and Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis were unbelievable
my mom passed away—I’m crying

Chesterton always looks like he would have been such an insufferable Redditor type of guy to be around. It's hard to reconcile with his relatively based and funny writing

>"Is there anybody here who doesn't believe in God?"
>nervous silence from the audience
>"I ask again, otherwise I think my job here will be even easier than I assumed it would be."
>the audience laughs nervously
>"Is there anyone here who doesn't believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, and the word of his biblical teachings?"
>guy raises hands
>the audience, shocked, stares at him, with a look on their faces similar to one you'd give a man about to be executed
>"How dare you. I repeat, how DARE you enslave your soul to this cynical worship of logic, this tragic maxim of Darwinism! I assume you'd kill your children if it would bring you wordly gain?"
>the audience cheers, claps and yells in unison, a festival of mockery ensues. A loud laughter can be heard from those who are already familiar with the Ches and knew what to expect. The guy is not given a chance to reply or elaborate on his specific philosophical views because who cares he's probably stupid anyway. Atheism is deemed too stupid for discussion, that particular segment of the entire event is published separately in a collection of essays under the title "The Crime of Spiritual Suicide by a Maniac" and distributed to every seminary in the country. Chesterton is hailed as one of the greatest orators since Cicero. Christianity prevails, atheism fails, sorry, deal with it, bye bye.

Attached: smilingkc.jpg (1258x1600, 389K)

Hello landshark

Thanks. Just put a hold on it at my local library. I really want to like him.

I am so sorry, man, she is with the Lord now though, I will pray for her soul, I hope that makes you feel better! She is watching you and loves you as much as she did when alive! Stay strong, friend!

To me he looks incredibly huggable and beer-drinkable-with! Just look how jolly he always is

Who are you, bud? Reveal yourself! Have a good reading, broflovski!

>yes, reveal yourself goy

Attached: 1548.png (185x181, 51K)

Attached: IMG_20190216_234235.png (680x563, 159K)

Why would an "Evolist gf" call anyone a heretic? What a shitty meme. None of that shit has anything to do with Evola. Whoever made that has probably not even read a page of his work

Why would an Evolist gf have a beer belly or be tall?

The meme is about a specific friend who recognized me (OP) from twitter, plz ignore and poast about Chesterton

Thread derailed #owned

I liked Orthodoxy a lot, especially 'The Ethics of Elfland' (I think it's the second chapter but would be just as good as a standalone essay), in which he makes a convincing argument for believing in fairy tales (and miracles more broadly).

The Donkey
By G. K. Chesterton

When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.

With monstrous head and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil’s walking parody
On all four-footed things.

The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.

Fools! For I also had my hour;
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears,
And palms before my feet.

Damn you, Anarch

It is the next work of his that I am planning to read, pretty excited. Should I go for "Heretics" first though?

Well I have to admit, he looks like an absolute lad here Only ever saw his poofty promo pics before I guess