Picked this up for $1. Worth reading?

Picked this up for $1. Worth reading?

Attached: ta.jpg (309x499, 29K)

Attached: 6D796ACF-6125-400D-92FB-A3226F819235.png (768x768, 1M)

No

No. It's candied mysticism masquerading as philosophy.

So Hermann Hesse?

It's an easy, quick read. Can be enjoyable if you just read it as entertainment. It's laughable how pretentious it is.
I've only read Siddhartha by Hesse. It has a similar plot of a young man wandering through life in search of an answer, but the Alchemist is shittier.

Didn’t the writer commit vehicular homicide in a hit and run? He also convinced someone to commit suicide.

based basic bitch starter pack poster

I never read it myself but most people I talk to either say that it is the most powerful thing they ever read or that it is a giant piece of shit. I think it is kinda like Atlas Shrugged in that regard.

seems like a fun life тбх

At least Ayn Rand's autistic philosophy had some bite, this is just meandering middlebrow platitudes
Фaк oф.

HO У

JУP A БИГ ГAJ

ктхкcбaй

any brazilian with a triple digit IQ will tell you Paulo Coelho is absolute shit
his writing is laughable, his books are blockbuster crap on the same level as those best-seller self help books, and only ignorant old women read his stuff

It lucks out on the topic it choose and the truths it choose to put forward, for the sun cannot be covered by mud or in this books case shit. The beliefs then can be recognized for its splash in reality based on the readers experience and not the light book tries to reveal it in. It is interesting to see how much he knows, while creating a plot or fleshing out characters are not to be found at all. It interestingly suddenly appeared on my bookshelf and then on my Yea Forums so as it says signs are there for the eyes to see and heart to leap towards.
if you don't mind sticking your hand through shit, and believe your eyes to be able to discern gold from it go ahead and enjoy the ripples through out many days in your life
(also crit about crit thread?)

Attached: YOUSMETİMESNUMBER.jpg (1217x1220, 342K)

I read that when I was like 13 and was blown away. Definitely has a place in my heart, but wouldn't really consider it a good book anymore. But in the end, I'd say it's worth reading considering it has its place. Presuming you're not underage, you might be bored with it if you have already read other, better books similar to it. Give it a shot though.

unironically kek'd

Coelho also dissed Joyce.

ФOP JУ

> Millennial basic bitch
Boy I hope you know most millennial are trapped in deadend jobs or still living with their parents, get this rich people shit out of here.

Millenial basic bitch would actually just be: go to work / school / go home with parents / watch netflix or anime. Lets not kid ourselves here. If I could be a diet obeying yoga instructor who had been to more then 3 countries and skydived I'd take that in a heartbeat over where I am now.

The book is OKAY it's one of those things that can be very influential as a kid because it introduces a lot of new concepts to you, but the older you get the more pretentious it'd probably sound because it'd just tread the ground that you already know.

No book from Paulo Coelho is worth reading