Books that will prepare me for the harshness of life...

Books that will prepare me for the harshness of life? I am an 18 year old male who is about to become an Electrician Apprentice. I have some short term and long term goals that I want to achieve with the money I'll be making. But I need to mold my worldview and mentality so that I can survive the shit life throws at me. Not a very social person, so I know life will be even harder.

Attached: 1531122256895.png (1200x1696, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xMZrEzU62lA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

welcome to the nhk

no book can prepare you, sorry bud

Multiple philosophers I've read admit the is no substitute for experience. Take calculated risks and learn at all opportunities.

consistently do dumb shit to maximize your life experience

Guess I gotta let my nuts hang.

Attached: 6ix9ine-tekashi-69_f.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

pls help

Attached: 1540086123664s.jpg (218x194, 5K)

no

Unironically Infinite Jest. It has a lot to say about surviving the tedium of every day life, about empathy, about understanding and relating to the suffering of others and their unique experiences.

I'm in the same boat with you buddy. We're all gonna make it

Attached: 1548825117663.jpg (512x512, 48K)

You have big balls if you're going to be a lineman.

Nietzsche and Kant will prepare you for the shit show that is modern life. Be fruitful and multiply my child.

Attached: latest.jpg (270x360, 19K)

Plato and the Bible are all you need

John Kaag’s book on Nietzsche
OP, become the Fuck it guy:
youtu.be/xMZrEzU62lA

Life with the hope of gaining that NEET life one day.
Till then read Zhuang Zhi, specifically (im google translating since I cant find this in english anywhere but in german):

>The carpenter Stone went to Tsi. When he came to Kü Yüan, he saw an oak tree at the earth altar, so large that his trunk could hide an ox; It measured a hundred feet in circumference and was almost as high as a mountain. At a height of ten fathoms he first branched out into about ten branches, each of which would have been hollowed out by a boat. He was considered a tourist attraction in the whole area. Master Zimmermann did not look around for him, but continued on his way without pausing. But his companion was fed up with him; then he ran to Master Stone and said, "Ever since I took the ax in my hand to follow you, Master, I have never seen such a beautiful wood. But you did not think it worth while to look at it, but went on without pausing. Why? "

>He said, "Enough! Do not talk about it! It is a useless tree. If you wanted to make a ship out of it, it would go down; If you wanted to make a coffin out of it, it would soon rot; If you wanted to make devices out of them, they would soon break; if you wanted to open doors, they would sweat; If you wanted to make pillars, they would become worm-eaten. Nothing can be done from the tree; you can not use it for anything: that's why he brought it to such an old age. "

>The carpenter Stone returned. Then the oak tree appeared in the dream on the altar and said: "What kind of trees would you like to compare me with? Do you want to compare me to your cultivated trees like hawthorn, pears, oranges, oranges, and other fruits and berries? They barely bring their fruits to maturity, so they maltreat and defile them. The branches are broken off, the branches are slotted. Thus, by their gifts, they endanger their own lives and do not complete their years of numbers, but perish halfway, incurring themselves such poor treatment of the world. That's the way it is everywhere. That's why I've been trying for a long time to become completely useless. Mortal! And now I've got it to the point where it's most useful to me. Suppose I was good for anything, would I have reached that size? And besides, you and me, we are both creatures alike. How should a creature come to want to judge the other from above? You, a mortal, useless man, what do you know about useless trees? "

>Master Stone woke up and tried to interpret his dream.

>The journeyman said, "If his purpose was to be useless, how did he come to serve as a tree at the altar?"

>He said, "Shut up, do not say a word about it! He grew deliberately because otherwise those who did not know him would have mistreated him. If he had not been a tree at the altar, he would probably have been in danger of being cut off. Moreover, what he serves is different from the use of all the other trees, so that it is quite wrong to want to apply the (ordinary) standards to him! "

Book 4.4

Attached: zs9otadb0j521.png (1152x1112, 2.04M)

meditations

You can do some really good stuff with electrical trade. Sign onto a ship, remote area or become a linesman ASAP

Which one requires least amount of face to face/ social interaction? I just using money to trade Forex.

like others said, no books could prepare you, and the ones that could you wouldnt really learn anything from them, either because of disbelief or just comprehension

What a silly costume.

A book on how to file your own taxes. How to Win Friends and Influence People, is supposed to be good. Some book on the IWW/Wobblies.

And my pat answer Epicurus, Stirner (trans. Landstreicher) and Nietzsche (trans. Kaufmann)

Attached: iwwmerch 002.jpg (600x459, 96K)

I'm looking for a male perspective. Men and women have very different worldviews and life experiences.

Done bating? :3

cute Mercedes OP
Learning to be a man is about holding yourself with dignity in relation to others, among other things. Don't avoid it out of cowardice

I think of it more like Daniel Plainview. I can operate around others, but I'd rather not. But I don't hate people. I just don't want to be around them.

Guess not! (I think it’s assumed you just are at this point)

Why can't women look like this?!

>electrician

Unironically Clannad

I suggested all male authors.

>Electrician Apprentice
>harshness of life
Clannad

Clannad is gay.

>I suggested all male authors
Your suggestions, male as they may be, came from a female perspective.

hunger

In Search of Lost Time

Life isn't harsh. You have a computer and a warm home, even a job. You get to watch cartoons and play video games and worry about being shy.

Work toward your goals, try to make friends at work for your own sake, do things you find fun. Don't do too much drugs and don't get fat.

This post smacks of the feminine
*sniff sniff sniff*
On your period, I see.
A self-hating /pol/ bitch!

Don't worry. Us women need to stick together. Ignore what Butt said. I'll keep your back safe >:l

Not an argument.

Attached: digits.jpg (474x474, 12K)

No, life is pretty harsh. You're probably white and middleclass if you think it isn't.

You are GAY.

But I am an 18 year old brown male. I will probably not have anything in common with the grown ass men I am working with.

>home will be underwater within the decade
>father will be out of work within 5 years and too old to rehire, too young to retire
>mother gone insane from pharmaceuticals and makes sure to keep any real life savings empty by christmas
>once my schooling is done it will take a miracle for me to find stable pay to clear my debt with all the competition i am up against
give me a war to die for already

Attached: 9f2d0986ab0b824bb8f844142af59a86.png (182x533, 223K)

Aww. Still not that hard

Kafka's Amerika. No way your life can be more unpleasant than Karl Rossmann's.

Whatever by Houellebecq, that should set you straight and after you've taken the blackpill you can decide if it's worth working for this society.

Attached: foidVsIncel.jpg (623x370, 71K)

He just sounds like a pushover. I don't think I'll be too much of a pushover.

What did that picture used to say? It was around before "incel" was coined, and you can tell someone edited it, but I can't remember the original.

The old me vs the current me

> (OP)
>...the ones that could ... disbelief or just comprehension
ok you got me curious now

There's nothing that can prepare you for the feelings life will cause.

Robot, which was used on r9k before incel got famous. There is no strict definiton on either words but robot is generally more lazy/neet/outcast while incel only tells of sexual failure.

Attached: TheAbsoluteStateOfWomen.jpg (1146x1079, 361K)

Clannad is the ultimate heterosexual novel. It is about protecting your beloved wife and daughter while being a wageslave and experiencing manly heterosexual loss.

Sounds gay. I don't want my wife and child to die.

>admits to knowing the story

He lost his child!? My kokoro

Attached: 1545538250431.png (775x581, 220K)

The Collapse of Complex Societies by Joseph Tainter

The Burnout Society by Byung-Chul Han

The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker

Learning to Die in the Anthropocene: Reflections on the End of a Civilization by Roy Scranton

Attached: 1551781655566.jpg (1000x1000, 169K)

Unironically opened the thread to recommend this. OP, watch the two-season anime adaptation by KyoAni. If you can get into the second season it will start to apply to your own issues directly. It actually helped me out quite a bit in dealing with working life as an adult.
Life goes that way sometimes.

Attached: e9479a454e501c332947db5b987bf64.png (939x670, 816K)

These books sound exactly like what I need. Make peace with the world and yourself.

That's the point. Learn from them. Don't necessarily emulate them, but listen to what they have to say. They came before you and know a lot about what it means to survive as a man.

You don't have to have anything in common with them. You just need to come to work, do your job, and not be an annoying faggot. That's enough to get accepted. You're not going to be working in an office where you need to worry about gossipy political crap. What matters is whether you work hard.

Just kys

Yeah, that's what my Master Electrician teacher tells me too. He also says there are a lot of alcoholics and people who don't actually know what they're doing. But I know, just do the job and enjoy the money.

Leo Tolstoy and Dostoevsky will teach you things about life that can help, things like regret, falling in Love, needing revenge or redemption.
St Augustine, Cicero and Plato can help with getting a philosophy to get through life with, Leo Tolstoy and Augustine both wrote books called confession I recommend both

>When you notice she uses the spade icon to symbolize a buttplug
Cant unsee.

I reached those conclusions without these books.

Yes, but that's because you are an edgelord.

Attached: 71Xl4odUUIL.jpg (1708x2560, 181K)

looks pretty jewish and mein kampfed

Attached: 1540154701660.jpg (1863x1081, 195K)

florida bro?

Attached: based and redpilled.png (157x117, 2K)