The Higher Man and the Herd

What are some philosophies about achieving greatness by yourself and criticising the weak who band together to survive?

Attached: CDF98226-F589-4159-BB04-3F3A09D1F07F.jpg (200x256, 12K)

The Yoga of Power

Aristocracy in Greek Society
Revolt of the Masses
The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy
On Heroes and Hero Worship
Lord Jim
Persuasion and Rhetoric
Emil Ludwig's Napoleon
Plutarch's Lives
Dao De Ching

Well, I'd say Nietzsche but it looks like you're already on that.

Check out the Eddas, the Kalevala, Homer, Beowulf, all traditional European epics are great for this. Also, Roman history in general, particularly the writings of actual statesmen and generals, like Caesar, or Tacitus.

Also, D'Annunzio.

Is this your "clever" way of trying to start a new thread about Nietzsche?

No one wants to say Stirner?

But in reality, OP. No one achieves “greatness”, however you’re measuring it, on their own. They always need others in one way or another.
But don’t get me wrong. I’m very much about freedom for the individual. It’s just false to think one can separate oneself, and counterproductive to to pursue this separation. Unless you call hermitage and early death greatness.
Balance is what the “higher man” must achieve. We rise together or we don’t rise at all. That’s essentially what’s wrong with the world today.

Butterfly you're such a little bitch

Pretty sure you misunderstood Nietzsch a bit there user.

Attached: image.jpg (750x957, 618K)

What’s the problem though?

You disagree?

Attached: 01649DB5-4F7E-4A6B-B0B3-9549C8FF73D9.jpg (1280x885, 369K)

pippi longstocking is the nietzschean ubermensche

Read another book you small iq butterlady. You whining and bitching about Dax Stirner is really annoying.

Attached: st_augustine_quote_0.jpg (500x300, 52K)

I read Nietzsche. Didn’t mention it here because he had already been mentioned.
As of late, I am reading for pleasure on topic not related to the OP. Now kindly get your dick out of the thread

philosophies about fucking off from society and living in the mountains I suppose, you know, books for larpers that never get up from their couch

It's not where you should stop with Nietzsche but it's certainly nothing Nietzsche didn't say himself, esp. through Zarathustra

thats some serious slave morality cope right there

I'd rather be a slave to God than earthly pleasures and capricious desires

Awesome post

>t.herd

"But he who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god"

You can read all the books that you want, but to be truly independent of the herd, you must separate yourself from it. You must be self-sufficient, but not in the way that the animal is. You must have a constitution, but one that applies only to yourself.

>Unless you call hermitage and early death greatness.
>t. never read the iliad

God I want to dick you so badly

She’ll probably accept. She’ll probably have sex with any man over me now ;_;

>we need others
>we rise together or we don't rise at all
These two statements are unrelated. You might need others to achieve greatness but that doesn't mean you have to bring them with you. Think of the relationship between employer and employee.

I'm unironically in love with butterfly

;_; I knew it.

My only defense is she might have pity masturbated to me in the recent thread.

Why cant she just get behind a very good idea and go towards it with no restraint. Now that she has shown restraint it is ruined. There was a magical period of time however. That was really nice.

big ups for recommending the Eddas. Though I'd say most of it gets lost in translation. t. Icelander

machiavelli desu what's greater than slaving the herd and tell them what to do at all times?