Did the web helps or hurts Yea Forums?

Did the web helps or hurts Yea Forums?

Attached: D4CE9B8C-DF97-495C-AB20-2A6610D6ECBC.jpg (1133x1375, 782K)

Helped, because it connected readers across distance (this board) and makes books easier to discover and know

Hurt because nobody reads everybody is wasting away online

Nice!!

Because the 1980s was a time of literary excellence

Are you sure about that?

Helped me download loads of books, ruined up to 10 years of my life. Ruined video games too, ruined social, ruined content creation, ruined free speech.
But yeah at least I have free books

Are there any good books about the internet.
Your lack of will is nobody's fault but your own.

It destroyed without hurting.

I know I sure as hell wouldn't be half as well-read if I didn't have access to the internet.

Did the printing press help or hurt?

Web 1.0 was great. Web 2.0 and social media got women and the blacks online and has been cancerous ever since.

it helped me discover a lot of nice books, and that's all i really care about

>Your lack of will is nobody's fault but your own.
Yet, in a different context, this lack of will wouldn't be a problem, because it wouldn't manifest at all. It's not entirely his fault, if the outside world is a factor too.

Web 2.0 destroyed civilization.

P.S. Learn English.

based

>it's not my fault that I'm stabbing myself because someone left the knife here

Hurt because I posted a poem online and someone told me a) it was shit, b) I was a faggot, c) I should kill myself, d) I'll go to hell for i) being a faggot and ii) killing myself, and that e) my eternal hell would a clone of me reciting an infinite procession of poems in my style to me.

Bullshit. Women were more present than men in Web 1.0.

Attached: image.jpg (1200x672, 114K)

Here's the trick, though, the kikes sold you that knife, they know you're prone to self-harm, and coincidentally they also own the funeral agency that will take care of your corpse.

Women don’t exist on the Internet

Keep telling yourself that. Good luck being a good father...

>Are there any good books about the internet

80's 90's internet yes

Attached: index.jpg (220x293, 12K)

>Good luck being a good father...
Go back to plebbit, fag

>I have one of those nine-pound Dell laptops you can get for $389 because nobody ended up buying that model, for obvious reasons. I took the wireless card out immediately, and I plugged up the Ethernet hole with superglue. I did work on a DOS machine until about five years ago. It ran WordPerfect 5.0, which is still the best software ever written for a writer, I think.

>It’s doubtful that anyone with an Internet connection at his workplace is writing good fiction.

Attached: 1547774518597.jpg (800x1147, 93K)

>Your lack of will is nobody's fault but your own.
So companies are wasting their money by spending tens of millions and using teams of phycologists to get people addicted to their platforms?

>Are there any good books about the internet.

Attached: 9200000049866211.jpg (540x840, 189K)

Web 2.0 was fine. I'd put the real inflection point at the mass adoption of HTML5 in ~2011. The web became much more aggressively multimedia driven and the ease of developing applications with near-native performance in the browser meant that suddenly every site on the web had an incentive to pursue a walled garden development model. Suddenly all the open protocols of the 2000s started falling off the map and companies began to aggressively funnel users into consuming content in a highly-curated fashion.

imagine putting this much thought into a hypothesis so trivially debunked.
>2007: facebook, iphone

Facebook and iPhone both relied upon open protocols in their early days and were not so aggressively controlled as they are now. You could still access Facebook messenger over xmpp as late as like 2013.

Best post in thread. Pleasure eternally BTFO.

Attached: DQP5RrgWsAAoi2g.jpg (301x465, 35K)