Why do women do this?

Disregarding literature just because they believe its problematic. Ignoring the quality just because they don't like the topic. They cannot put themselves into the shoes of the characters in books like On the Road and Catcher in the Rye so shit on them and call them out as problematic, and declaring if you enjoy what they think is problematic, then they won't fuck you.

Attached: 92cdf46b185ce68184dafc0fdf848c88.png (640x547, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/laura_relyea/status/1105217010970046465
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

women are not human bro, stop thinking too much about it, they are a different race

A woman who thinks like this isn't someone you'd even want to date if you like books. Woke scolds are like the Duchess in Alice in Wonderland. They like drawing morals from everything they read or hear, and they do so as stupidly as possible.

Why isn’t Lolita allowed to be one of my favorite books? It nearly brought me to tears in the end because it was so beautifully written

I dont blame women for this tbqh, I disregard them simply for being women, so it would be hypocritical. I mean assuming youre not a soiboy you don't actually take what they say seriously, you just categorize it as 'woman chirping'. When has a woman ever said anything interesting in all of history? it just doesn't happen

That's not the problem. She admitted later in that thread that she immensely enjoyed Lolita, thought it was impeccably written, and had rewritten it several times. The problem is that she judges others for liking it too, even though it's clearly one of her favorite works. She's a stupid hypocritical prick who obviously lives in a tangled vine of cognitive dissonance. That whole twitter thread is a giant red flag for somebody who will do everything in their power to make your life a living hell.

I get why they would hate kerouac but shouldn't ginsberg get sjw points for being gay?

*reread, not rewritten

>Why do women do this?
You should specify: Who do American/Anglo women do this?
In no other place of the world women are that much retarded.
English civilization was a mistake.

>She's a stupid hypocritical prick who obviously lives in a tangled vine of cognitive dissonance
its called being a woman

Probably because she's sexually frustrated despite getting fucked all the time and has no actual friends despite always hanging out with random people.

we had this exact same thread last night with the exact same twitter screenshot. you faggots are deplorable. instead of discussing lolita you're crying about people who don't like it. you're a bunch of fucking roasties yourselves, you superficial lot of degenerate posers. if you really cared about Lolita or any of the books these dumb thots complain about you'd be too busy to be crying like women about women. fuck off to r9k if you want to complain about thots, this board is for the discussion of literature. go make a nabokov thread you dumb bitch

Oh shut the fuck up.
t. not anglo

you need to work out, very low t post

It seems cruel to laugh at men trying to share their interest with a girl they like. Why is this so wrong?

Attached: 01056611-7DF0-498C-9CF4-136FA82E23CB.jpg (750x999, 460K)

Why? It's true. That kind of behavior started in America and spread to all English-speaking countries. If we don't fight, it will invade even Europe and then the rest of the world.

You sound like you've never interacted with euro women desu.

why are people so mean to each other bros ;__;

>this thread again
its the lady version of saying tramp stamps and dyed hair are red flags
>she must be a pretentious whore
>he must be a pretentious manchild

this. its just a vapid hot take and not really worth discussing

because actual pedos use it to groom teen girls. comparing that to the other two picks its clear she's really saying "omg he's just discovered reading and he's about to read fight club i need to get out of here"

>why can't everything be simple
i don't know, plato, you tell me

being mean is fun and most people trade in their interests for jobs

Don't worry about it, these people live unhappy lives and this spite is just a distraction.

The worst part is that these are the intellectual women. The ones that actually know who these writers are and could sit down with you and talk about Infinite Jest or Camus. The rest are all buying romance and YA and pushing the industry in that direction. This is how it is with literally every subculture. An analogue could be drawn to video games for example, women are driving cellular games to be prioritized rather than story based games, and if they even know about, say, the Metal Gear franchise they deem it problematic. Do you can either choose completely normie brainlet girls or ones with daddy issues that will love half the things you love and hate the other half, while they actively destroy the very art form itself. Prove me wrong faggots.

Yes I have and they're not so fucking obnoxious and retarded, especially the women of Mediterranean countries and East Europe.

>d&c'ing this blatantly
stay delusional, virgin.

Attached: maccabeats.gif (360x202, 2.23M)

>species*
I got you senpai

Why should I care? Reading isn't a subculture like vidya at all. It is a solitary pursuit. And "the industry" doesn't make sense, writing isn't industrial.

Are you trying to say tramp stamps and dyed hair aren’t red flags? Fuck off back to your Philly D YouTube deep cuts Mr. Pacemaker. In the end if you’re foisted into the dating world I can only imagine the foibles you’ll make.

>why should I care about reading?
The depths some men will go to to try and get pussy is amazing. I bet this guy is so subconsciously wrapped up in what pertains to fairness and his concepts of good and evil he actually believes girls will find him smart and fair.

women live in your head rent free

A coward builds a straw man. I made no comment on fairness at all, I simply pointed out that your gamer rise up sensibilities don't apply to literature. You're a fucking tourist and casual with an axe to grind. You're obsessed with fairness actually, that was the thrust of your post--that the influence of these women in literature was somehow unfair. Get some self awareness you fucking npc

i rape them in my head so it all works out

>Reading isn't a subculture like vidya at all. It is a solitary pursuit. And "the industry" doesn't make sense, writing isn't industrial.

that is why it continues to be the superior medium

Women are obsessed with not seeming interested in men. You saw what I had to do to get butterfly to do anything at all. the odd breaks in time because of me is my favorite. Or how she gets mad but continues the conversation. Really, at the core, women are all the same.

But along with that, not many women would be willing to put up with all of this. I think butterfly likes the interface because she really likes attention :3

And I do think that she is different than other women, don’t get me wrong. Every PERSON is different. No one is exactly the same. But if you were born a woman, you are going to have characteristics men do not.

>being so obsessed with tripfags that you talk about them everywhere you go and are so delusional that you think everyone around you knows what the fuck you're referring to when in reality nobody gives a shit
you are one mentally disturbed individual. that's not even the real butterface. go to the archive and check the trip from a few years back. it's just some incel pretending to be a girl to illicit responses like yours, and you fell for it hook line and sinker. i genuinely, sincerely pity you. go read a book dude

elicit*

>thinks women are only pretending to not be interested
Kek

If the guy had noticed her reaction and made a joke about dressing her up or something similar she would have been all over that.

I was worried about her identity too man, you saw me freaking out.

But here’s the most amazing part, in response to me worrying, she posts the exact thread which proves it’s her. She does want my attention, and you cannot convince me differently.

Also please don’t sling around mentally disturbed or overdiagnosed psychological problems like it’s nothing. That is a flaw of modern society

and for the longest time i thought i was invisible to women, but at last i truly see. so they are playing games huh. when will they get tired of it? when will they approach me? i'll just wait then

No, I didn't. I don't know what thread or posting you're referring to. That's my point. You are mentally unsound. Listen to yourself, you're obsessed. Delusional and in denial. Get help.

No the flaw is that modern society actually does produce all this mental illness

"Woke scold" is a very apt description of these people.

Okay well then you’re just not keeping up with me and butterfly :3

We’re mentally fine

how about you suck my dick? you're probably the same fag impersonating the old broad in the first place now that I see how facetious you are. put the trip back on so you're filtered again.

Stay mad, fag.

And bingo. I think I’ve cracked the code I needed to with this guy(s)

Exactly. Moralizing is stricly an anglo phenomenon. Nobody gives a shit if you read lolita anywhere else in the world.

You goddamn morons are missing the point. Why the FUCK would you tell a GIRL that you wanted a RELATIONSHIP with that your FAVORITE BOOK is the BOOK that portrays one of the most FUCKED up and controlling RELATIONSHIPS of all time. Who cares if it is your favorite book, why would you tell her on a date? Think about it from her perspective. This has nothing to do with the quality of literature. Like when people call it a red flag for a guy's favorite movie to be Fight Club. They really mean that it's a red flag that his favorite movie is a violent edge-fest and he's not afraid or at least embarrassed to tell people about it.

Honestly a woman should just be aroused if you like Lolita.

yeah, it's not really about the fact that it's a pedophilic novel, it's the fact that you unabashedly profess your love for a novel that you know normies would misinterpret. she even said herself she loves Lolita in that thread. it's a red flag because it demonstrates your lack of social awareness, not because she thinks you're a pedophile. this is why you are incels.

>Why the FUCK would you tell a GIRL you wanted a RELATIONSHIP with your FAVORITE BOOK

Fixed

>Who cares if it is your favorite book, why would you tell her on a date?
If someone asks what your favorite book is, people tend to respond with their favorite book.

If I tell a woman The Rules of the Game is my favorite movie, should I fear she's going to believe I'm planning to shoot her later, too? Or is this just more evidence that "seeing red flags" results in predictions about as accurate as astrology? Just because someone likes a movie or a book doesn't mean he's a character in the book.

Also, WHY do you TYPE in CAPS like THAT if you DON'T want TO be SEEN as a MORON?

Tfw my chem professor's favorite movie is fight club.

Attached: giphy.gif (499x368, 214K)

you mean all the mouths i fuck? its pretty groovy

in society there have always been those who understand social interaction and the expected manners that it entails, and those who don't. guess which one you are? it's simply a matter of behavioral manners. mutual respect, almost, but not quite. you can choose not to participate if you think it's stupid to act accordingly, but don't expect people who do participate to treat you as if you were.

Its fine to like Lolita and even have it as a fave, but you are retarded or purposefully obtuse if you don't know most casual readers are only aware of it as "that book justifying pedophilia."
Like many other things, you wait to bring it up until you get a better feel for who you're speaking with

Attached: Sherman1.jpg (720x720, 93K)

The butterfly trip is used by an entire lefty discord group, maybe 12-30 people. Don't be dumb.

Your favorite book or something like that is pretty irrelevant when it comes to relationships. It's not really that serious and favorites change all the time.

Honestly though it's just easier to be with someone who doesn't share your big passions. Both of you will be less judgemental to each other.

remember when Yea Forums knew what hiding one's powerlevel meant? nobody hides their powerlevel anymore and then wonders why they can't get laid or find friends. you only reveal your powerlevel when you've both come to the understanding that it's appropriate to do so.

Kind girls/people were always better than smart girls/people I think. Normiemaxx as best you can.

I agree, but I don't even think a positive opinion of Lolita requires a "high powerlevel."
Lots of people see the value. It's taught in many lit and writing programs. Still, people know it's about pedophilia and you'd be very stupid to bring it up out the gate with anyone.

Where you from boii? Hand over the waman pls
t. non-anglo

Or you could date normal attractive girls who don't belong to either of your random categorizations. That's another option.

>being this much of a beta male that you're afraid to tell future partners your favorite book because you're afraid of being unfairly seen as a bad person
none of you will have loving, fulfilling relationships. if some roastie thinks it's a red flag, let her. her loss. I'd rather be alone than with somebody who doesn't accept me for who I am. better to filter out the pseuds on the first date than to waste a few months then have a tough breakup.

>women are driving cellular games to be prioritized rather than story based games

I should care about "story based games"?

>in society there have always been those who understand social interaction and the expected manners that it entails, and those who don't
Yeah, and you don't. Your evaluation is autistic: you pose a hypothetical social interaction and apply it to every case without exception.

Sure, saying it to some random person could result in the wrong impression. The guy knows the woman likes literature, though, otherwise the two wouldn't have been talking about the topic in the first place.

If she doesn't have some awareness of its aesthetic value and judges the work based on what other people who know nothing about it tell her, she's an idiot. If she does know, and she still judges based on what other people think, she's a conformist and an idiot.

I like how you're trying to show off your savoir faire on a fucking imageboard, though.

it's the same concept. if you like fedoras and katanas, that's fine, just don't go around telling everyone you're a fedora loving katana master as your first impression. reveal that later after the other person has already gotten an impression of what sort of person you really are so they don't misinterpret it. twitter thot in OP is saying if you can't understand societal cues such as this, you're not worth her time because you're not smart enough to understand basic social interaction, not because she thinks you want to fuck children. this is the very definition of the concept of hiding your powerlevel.

>Fight Club
>violent edge-fest

I've been married for 3 years, user. You can deny it or say I'm unhappy, but at the end of the day you're only hurting yourself.

At least in a relationship context, yes. While I think that smart people can be kind, I don't think that sharing the same hobbies should be the first thing to look for in a potential gf. Liking the same books is nice and all but it doesn't really help if you can't stand hanging around with her. You can always discuss books online or with other friends, a gf is not necessary for that even if the idea is very romantic.

Never heard of Argentina?

t. incel
just read

Attached: 1551548733661.png (1185x729, 338K)

yeah, very true.
This impulse to show your entire hand and come across as edgy smart and quirky right off the bat is very much of the era.

actual autism
nobody cares if your favorite book is Lolita irl, if youre waking on eggshells to that degree then they don't respect you in the first place

t. autist

You can't apply the same standards to every situation. If someone is talking about and seems interested in literature, "hiding your power level" is equivalent to not participating in the conversation.

it obviously was to her, which is the person you'd be trying to court in the first place. you failed and got rejected, hypothetically. this is how social interaction works. I'm sorry you still fail to understand it even after I've explained it to you.

t. autist

Saying your favourite book is Lolita or Mein Kampf isn't socially acceptable.

>Things that didnt happen

Reminder most women are BORING as shit and most their shit is fabricated

Being embarrassed about what you like should be a bigger red flag.

I'm a differentfag but this comes with the assumption that the guy was trying to get into her pants. If he just wanted to find a good gf he just dodged a bullet because the two clearly weren't compatible.

in that case why is anyone complaining? you dodged a bullet, you should be happy she didn't trap you and continue on your pursuit of the perfect woman.

>one of the most FUCKED up and controlling RELATIONSHIPS of all time
Yeah, the way Dolores abuses and manipulates the main character is despicable.

>it obviously was to her, which is the person you'd be trying to court in the first place.
It would be natural to assume that someone who likes literature would be able to judge a work's aesthetic value separate from what the majority of people believe about it. If she does appreciate its aesthetic merit (as she says she does) yet she chooses to judge him based on what other people believe about it, that says more about her than him.

Yeah, that's what I meant. And of course it doesn't mean a perfect woman, just someone who's nice enough to not consider your favorite book a red flag. It's a book, it shouldn't be that serious honestly even if it's Lolita we're talking about. Just find a different girl, I'm sure there's someone out there who doesn't care.

When people actually like you they dont judge you for things like that, nobody likes you they just tolerate you

>hurting myself by filtering out people who I wouldn't get along
whatever masochist

Based butterfly lover

pathetic mindset tbqh

He was a pedo tho so those points get taken away since it wasn't just men he was into but little boys.

Other peoples women are retarded, they're just kept in check. We gave them the right to vote and we're paying for it.

kek this was great satire and good bait OP; one of better ones I've seen 9/10

twitter.com/laura_relyea/status/1105217010970046465

Attached: dfdf.jpg (602x328, 46K)

>Being this beta that you actually care about some dumb chick's intentional misinterpretation of a book for the sake of the Big Other.

Honestly saying your favorite book is lolita or inifinite jest or something sounds like a good bitch filter.

>it demonstrates your lack of social awareness

Or, OR, it could be that you just aren't fettered by the opinions of others. I'd rather be lonely than constantly walking on eggshells for fear of offending imaginary people in my partner's head.

Some men do this too but you don't care and disregard them as faggots. You only give so much weight to a woman's opinion because your instincts command you to breed and you think for some reason that you can't satisfy your emotional needs in male friendship, as if those things are necessarily tied to breeding. Just call her a faggot and move on.

Pedo rights is the next front of social justice

>once called off a date because the guy said his favorite book was Lolita
Seriously fucking triggered right now.

I'm a pedo and I have no idea how I would use Lolita to groom a teen girl, even if I seriously wanted to. And I'm smart enough to realize that the book is not supporting pedophilia.

Can you honestly tell me you would not disregard a woman if she said her favourite work was something you despise? Milk and Honey for example. I know I would.

Cruel or not I, as a man, laughed for almost a whole minute over the thought that men gift women Infinite Jest to such an high degree that they can build stacks of them.

Attached: myfacewhen.png (428x510, 176K)

There's no way that ugly pajeet has ever received a gift from a man

cruelty is integral to most humor. it's quite rare and special to find humor devoid of cruelty.

I rarely voice-laugh, but I exhaled through the nose.

fucking golden post

This is really useful.
I was once told by some old bint not to talk about Hamlet on dates. Of course I'm not going to force it into a conversation. But if you're incapable of talking about Lolita/Hamlet etc. all it does is tell my you are a facade and not worth my time.
I realize a lot of women are like this, purely fronting. Artificial to the core, to say anything against the norm to them is suicide, because these people are cowards.
You just know she's afraid about voicing her opinions on Lolita in public.
If the guy was more attractive and had more money she'd probably look up "most popular youtuber bookgirl + Lolita" and then note for note copy and paste that conversation out in public in constant fear of appearing radical or out of step.
Fuck. These. People.
If a guy came up to me and said his favourite book was Mein Kampf in public, OK I probably wouldn't respect him being a neo-nazi, but goddamn I'd respect him for being honest.
Dating these women or living like one is what I imagine it would be like to purposefully live a lie.

Ah, yes, the ol' Panglossian "the world is a swell place" argument. As if most recluses are not created by the outer world.

This desu

It is p. hilarious

No doubt this stupid bitch listens to rap music, would I be right in assuming this is a red flag for someone that sells drugs on the street and murders people?! What a fucking retarded point.

Women who listen to rap are red flags to me because they most likely do drugs and drugs are bad.

>still believing what women say
Cuck, she would be all over Chad's dick even if his favorite books were Lolita, Mein Kampf and whole Kerouac's opus

>Favorite book is Lolita
I can understand hating women because of this social media grandstanding virtue-signalling bullshit, but let's be honest, it's pretty fucking weird for that to be your favorite book.

Lolita is a red flag for a pretentious fag who lacks self-awareness and thinks that most people won't associate the book with pedophilia.
HEY MY FAVOURITE BOOK IS ABOUT A PEDOPHILE LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME BUT DON'T THINK BADLY OF ME

>the graveyard of many a Yea Forumsizen's hope for losing virginity
lel

Anyone who listens to rap is trash to me, I already assume you're a drug dealer or some other unfavorable class of human.

There’s something about seeing so many women shit on Ayn Rand that comes off as quite desperate, almost bitchy. I see it all the time.

Electra complex left unsatisfied whilst Ayn Rand seemed to have concluded hers without giving the secret away

>he hasn't read the far superior Pale Fire

Twitter girl is right desu

I've focused for so long on finding a partner that I can talk about books with that I feel like I've probably missed opportunities at fulfilling relationships with a non-Yea Forums gf
Dammit, time to change my outlook. Thanks guys.

...Could I find out
The woman's part in me! For there's no motion
That tends to vice in man, but I affirm
It is the woman's part: be it lying, note it,
The woman's; flattering, hers; deceiving, hers;
Lust and rank thoughts, hers, hers; revenges, hers;
Ambitions, covetings, change of prides, disdain,
Nice longing, slanders, mutability,
All faults that may be named, nay, that hell knows,
Why, hers, in part or all; but rather, all;
For even to vice
They are not constant but are changing still
One vice, but of a minute old, for one
Not half so old as that. I'll write against them,
Detest them, curse them: yet 'tis greater skill
In a true hate, to pray they have their will:
The very devils cannot plague them better.

>implying every race is human

fpbp

>I love this book too but you can't tell me you love it or I'll think you're a freak.
The absolute state of ro*stoids

She’s right about Ginsburg and Kerouac. Fuck the beats

We regularly have threads about red flag books for women too

Honestly, if I met a chick who liked Ayn Rand, my estimations of her would go up tenfold.
Rarely, if ever, are these political women able to consider romantic subjects from both sides.

I found the original thread on twitter, I'm going to go through it and make a chart, watch this space anons

Attached: drinktea.jpg (225x225, 7K)

YOu mean European. French and German women are this disgusting if not
More so.

Women have an important role in society and literally have it made. Bearing children and rearing them is the building block of civilization and are protected and cherished for that reason alone. Through that they know they can control a weak man through sex. An ideal woman should be protected like a queen but at the same time not succumb to her every whim. In other words, be a knight but not a white knight. However I understand this board's animosity toward them because current consumerist society has ruined both genders. It's hard to find a virtuous wife in the current year.

Dude, any book can be called a red flag if you are not attractive in other ways to this woman.

Bible=puritan
Plato=101
Milton=altright
Stirner=edgemaster
Deleuze=pseud
Marquez=celewrist fat

A chad that likes machiavelli, 48 laws and 50th law, doesnt read fiction, but totally her type, she'll find reasons to call him a catch. People rationalize nonintellectual responses all the time; why not here?

The guy being dated might just failed to brush his teeth; her disgust is directed to his love of lolita instead. I seen it happen IRL before, talked to the girl in postgame review, she said she snubbed his sense of humor not because it wasnt lively, but because his shoes stank.

If this were the case of this woman, its easier to claim she ixed the date because of lolita (implying his shit personality) than to admit it was because his shirt had pit stains (outing herself as a shallow cunt).

I'm going through it just now and just saw pic related. I'm genuinely bemused, how can a cutesy memoir about a pet dog be a ''red flag''?

Attached: marleymee.png (878x730, 142K)

You identify as /pol or /lit?

Chads don't read books.

I wish i could agree. Sibling is total chad; reads exactly those, no fictions.

You have to remember, friends, that the women who post these things are sad and lonely just like you. They are the incels of the female sex, and are keen to lash out cruelly at their perceived tormentors of the opposite sex. Do not be angry with them, but pity them. If you feel sad that your favourite book is mocked by them, realise that their opinion is as meaningful as a dogs - they are both dumb and without a moral compass and therefore any opinions are merely a simaculrum of learned thought plucked from the femcel hivemind.

To add:
-gym
-boxing
-PUA (not as successful as advertised, fukken lol)
-STEM (C-tier)

Along with reading only macho selfhelp, no canon fiction, I think that's chad bingo.

Their interactions feel so scripted and dead
Like they're shitty actors being fed shitty lines, but that's just how they actually talk
What is life like for these people

Guys im genuinely completely confused, what happens in Marley and Me to make it a red flag? Does he rape the dog or something?

if i was a girl i wouldnt date a boy whose favorite book was 'on the road' either

he rapes, kills, dismembers, and eats the dog, and not always in that order.

Seriously or are you meming?

this is objectively funny

>We regularly have threads about red flag books for women too

The Bell Jar
Eat Pray Love
Twilight
Rupi
YA in general, Harry Potter and Hunger Games in particular

This but unironically

It's a fucked up book.

It turns out that he keeps going to shelters to buy more Marleys which he destroys through various sadistic means. This only ends when his wife discovers that the dog never seems to age and he kills his final Marley.

You have *got to tell me the plot of Eat Pray Love.

Based reasonable poster

Do you actually want to hear it? It's a weird book.

Hit the nail on the head. This is the reason most modern 20-somethings are unhappy

GREEN LIGHT BOOKS FOR DATE CONVERSATION:
>harry potter and affiliated material
>all middle school and high school required reading (positive experiences: Night, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The Great Gatsby, The Handmaid's Tale, Animal Farm, To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Diary of Anne Frank, Fahrenheit 451, The Outsiders (only discuss movie scenes), The Little Prince, Anything Toni Morrison...mixed: Catcher in the Rye (judge if she is an 'alt' girl, in the case that she is add this to positive section), 1984, The Giver, The Help (you run the risk of coming off as a homosexual with this one), Vonnegut (if she claims to be a 'sapiosexual')...negative experiences: heart of darkness, anything too overtly masculine or white i.e. Shakespeare, Melville, Steinbeck, anything written in the 1800s or earlier), anything too existential or reflective (to the point where you may have to question how you have been living as opposed to affirming your life)
>John Green books
>White Fragility
>Anything Oprah promotes
>various YA titles (be careful, she likely fangirls a series or author and feels to need to be critical or similar or competing series. She may be a Divergent girl as opposed to a Maze Runner girl. Probe her properly before committing to a series)
>David Sedaris
>Again for the self-proclaimed 'sapiosexual', especially college age, Foucault (she has been bringing up one or two lines of his she read as required reading in her freshman lit class in every other class since, woo her with having one or two additional points of his that will make her think you know a lot more about him), any and all pseud non-fiction (Stephen Hawkings pop-sci books, light astronomy literature, anti-IQ as genetic books)
>George RR Martin (caveat: if you mention him you must allude to the fact that you've been wanting to get into other (more ***inclusive) fantasy but did not know which options were best)
>Exit West (she will need a synopsis but it alone will woo her)
>Hamilton (script/lyrics)
>The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Night
>Anything by Jonathan Safron Foer (specifically Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)
>If she claims 'ELA in my shit" or some variant then act like whichever Jane Austen character you know she dreams about but act like you've never read the books).

Happy trails anons.

Fuck you nigger I'm going to go on a long rant about Gerusalemme Liberata and if she tries to interject at any point I'm going to talk louder

>They cannot put themselves into the shoes of the characters in books
Because the entire world has always been in the men's shoes

Because it's an odd thing to do. The only time I've ever recommended a girl a book is when she asked me what my favorite was. I recommended it after saying a few words why I liked it. At no point did I assumed she would follow take my endorsement so seriously that she was going to go out and read it, it's just a fucking conversation. Going out of your way to gift her the book shows you take your recommendations stupidly seriously (I told her it was my favorite so she must be dying to get a hold of it). At fucking most I'd offer a girl my copy of a book if she seemed super enthusiastic, and even then I would realize she's just acting to endear herself to me. A girl told me once she loves Rupi Kaur and I should read her book. I said I'd look into.

While this is plausibly justifiable, there is a very particular time in life where you're allowed to count Lolita as your favorite novel. It is absolutely a red flag to hear after 24. Exceptions are available only when there's an immediate qualifier provided (e.g. favorable rereads of Freud, statements from David Lynch, etc.)

do you know who jonas salk was?
he was the jewish scientist that cured polio. he created the march of dimes to raise millions to fund his research.
polio was a crippling and deadly disease putting children all over the world into a wheelchair or an early grave. the vaccine for polio was one of the greatest medical achievements of the last century. its a globally essential medicine.
and this guy jonas salk?
he could have made billions from it. he could have patented it and made actual billions of dollars.
you know what he did? he waived the patent. he gave up billions just to make sure as many people who could be helped got the help they needed. he became a celeb after that even though he hated it. truly a great man and he left the world a better place than he came into it.

If I had a choice between polio existing in the USA/world and jews. I would choose polio every single time and twice on sundays. I would infect myself with polio and tour america spreading the disease in a custom built wheelchair or crutches if it meant all the jews and their influence were excised from my country like the cancer they are.
polio is nothing compared to the harmful effects of jews on the USA and world.I would give anything to live in a world where our biggest problem was building access ramps and compliance with the civil disabilities act.

that sounds like hyperbole. it is not. 100% authentic feelings. I cant sleep at night anymore. I wish I never started questioning things. I wish I was still a dumb rube out there able to laugh at things instead of a woke misanthrope. I envy the dumb.

Laughing at the faggots in this thread
She's absolutely right on both accounts

Based schizoposter

Women should all be put in concentration camps and tortured and beaten.

Godspeed user, I'd buy you a beer if I could

I genuinely wonder if the dating pool in America is truly this awful. England is bad, but jesus christ, I intend on purely dating Eastern Europeans or at the very least, explicitly foreigners for this reason.
Nevertheless, dating is overrated and to be honest a waste of your time if you value it.

In my experience most girls really love Lolita.
Last girl I dated even said it was her favourite book.

>like actors being fed shitty lines
That's exactly what it is user. They sit there for awhile and come up with a "witty" "Haha epic win" response and, since they all line up in various ways, it all comes out like shitty throw away lines you'd see in a zany sitcom. There surely are people who type exactly what they're thinking, stream of consciousness style, but that usually only happens when they're angry.

I was going to say it isn't, but my experience is tainted. See I'm a veteran and we're not only expected to hold controversial opinions, we're applauded for it. Its almost a license to just "be real" and it's pretty liberating honestly, I don't know how people go around pretending all the time.

they're right about those specific books though

A shortcut is to avoid women who post on twitter.

By the way, if someone loves a book in the first or second year of college but then feels embarrassed by it a year or two after that, it doesn't reflect well on whatever propaganda is being pumped into their brains (or at least the peer pressure to have "correct" reactions to books).

Are you really this naive? Writing is a commercial industry, with editors and publishers being the gatekeepers to wide outreach, and are motivated primarily by profit. Why should they publish someone's post-ironic accelerationistically marxist doorstopper when they can just crank out another Rupi Kaur rip-off?

However stark a vision of the modern dating scene this projects, it is very accurate.

I bought a few normie books like this specifically to have on my shelves, so that any female interlocutor would be reassured by their presence. Strangely, though, the only time a book directly assisted me in seduction was when an art hoe over at my place picked up a copy of Story of the Eye. We tried to fuck, but I repeatedly lost my erection.

>can't even be honest because normies are ignorant
Whatever happened to "just b urself :^)"

This. It's so sad that when these intimate moments are shared with us, we use them as an excuse to exploit said vulnerabilities.

Don’t talk shit about dogs asshole

wtf do roastoids hate kerouac? do I have to start liking him now?

Because it's extremely simple, hence the "it's okay if he's 14" comment - it's an acceptable favourite for a child, not an adult.
What would you think of a date who told you their favourite book was The Very Hungry Caterpillar?

Completed, 100 hours in MS paint. If anyone with good editing skills wants to spruce it up feel free

Honestly surprised by some of the books mentioned

>Jonathan Livingston Seagull
>Eat Play Love

Attached: REDFLAGBOOKS.png (648x2936, 1.87M)

>rather than story based games

games are built for gameplay, not story, you dumbfuck

Attached: ebony.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

If you think only women do this you are out of touch with reality.

No woman has ever read any books anyway, so you are obviously disconnected with reality.

>literally any book which gives good advice to men
got it

Is that chart for real?
I refuse to believe there are people so ideological and this jagged up. Jesus Crist.
>TGB
>Brave New World
>The stranger
What the actual fuck is wrong with these people.

I literally went through the replies and picked the books which had the most upvotes. All those books are bad because they include self-obsessed men.

I flipped to a random page of Naked Lunch, and the first thing I saw was the quote, "Have you ever burned a nigger?"

Still don't feel like giving it an actual try. Maybe I'm being close-minded, but it comes off as shallow shock value just to generate controversy.

yeah a lot of people say Burroughs is a red flag because he shot his wife lmao

based satan,
also Burroughs was the best beat novelist (behind Brautigan who may or may not have been a beat)

>All those books are bad because they include self-obsessed men.
Lmao. Tbh i dont think this is a reason to get mad over. I would very gladly avoid any date or encounter with someone that obessed with their ideology. If a thing as simple as my favourite books keeps them away the better.

Actually it's a compilation of spaced out shit written in an heroine craze with no intention of getting published

Burroughs is arguably not a Beat either, he just happened to be friends with Ginsberg and Kerouac. His literature is totally different from theirs

Brautigan isn't technically a beat though he was influenced by them and was a better writer than any of them

They seem to think that reading any book about ''bad'' people makes you a bad person

the chart looks good. well done.
so I guess no beat writers

Jane Eyre contains racism AND anti-semitism, red flag book for sure

My girlfriend's favorite book is The Stranger, I guess I have to break it off with her since she's problematic now.

Yeah I thought they would like the beats but apparently not.

They hate On The Road in particular because ''it shows us white straight men can go on wild adventures and not worry about being attacked or raped''

I was literally introduced to Jack Kerouac by a woman, and one of my best friends has all of Bukowski's books and poetry. im a grill btw

Real life women really like the beats and Bukowski

>and not worry about being attacked or raped
lmao yeah

I get why it would be a "red flag" if you like Harry Potter or whatever but all this books... also how can you pick just one and represent yourself truthfully
do they also hate all philosophy

they're either cowards or don't care about anyone outside of their close social circle

>Ha!
she knows that this is a stupid conversation. but she's earning normalfag points. she will close twitter, sip coffee, and browse her instagram instead after this one. looking at photos of chad. "God I hope Chad thinks I'm a dumb sexy bimbo, but like smarter than the other bimbos" she says.

>lefty discord groups? on my Yea Forums?

Drew Barrymore's on record as saying Fante and Hank B. were her favourites too.
Feminist women (the vocal ones anyway) can't fathom why any woman would want to read about a worldview that is disparate from their own, they've endured on average 20 years of constant tunnel vision and often had been rendered numb to art in this respect.
Politics is poison.

I would read a book in this vein in an instant

I haven't read the book, but the show You is full of characters like that.

(You) was a book first

Attached: youkepnes.png (200x302, 106K)

>I haven't read the book

>tfw your gf's favorite book is lolita

Feels good

>romance and YA
what is YA? some anti/lit/ genre or what?
sorry hard to google two character w/o context

''Young Adult''

To be fair, half this board refuses to read Jane Austen, because she is a woman writer

Attached: Historical Cucks.png (1200x1925, 1005K)

>get asked what your favorite book is
>lie
>muh mutual respect

>liking Ayn Rand
that's a yikes from me bud, women don't like Ayn Rand because women are social creatures and therefore have a concern with the social health of their community and friends. Something Ayn Rand couldn't understand because she was a nefarious Russian Jewess (selfish sociopath).

>women aren't merely covert sociopaths whilst men are overt about their affairs.

No, of course the THOT generation, so self obsessed with social media is turning women into selfish sluts, but the general nature of women is to be concerned with the social. This is more easily visible with normal suburban boomers and Gen-Xers, but can also be seen with young girls who aren't completely neurotic because of social media and retarded men.

>falling for the open minded meme
The problem with women and literature is that they are spiritually dead, mentally inept and morally retarded. The principle of discarding something because the topic(s) are inherently fruitless isn't an issue at all. The only reason to read such subversive texts would be for the libertine novelty of playing with ideas.

>women are driving cellular games to be prioritized rather than story based games
based retard user
women LOVE and fully PUSH for story games, they HATE abstract logic games like chess and stuff that requires immediate reaction, resource management, long term strategy and what not
it's why you have shit like Walking Dead and other TellTale games got popular (and ironically they went bankrupt)
what pisses me off is that to be able to market these products the producers and marketers label them "games" so that the established audiences don't look down upon them while women and casual crowd can feel included in the gaming community when most of the time what they engage in are interactive fiction, puzzles and simulations, which can be designed to be games with goals and victory conditions but really most of the time aren't