Why does he hate Mishima and everything he represents so much?

Why does he hate Mishima and everything he represents so much?

Attached: haruki-murakami-time-100-2015-icons1.jpg (2274x2560, 752K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/谷崎潤一郎#作品の評価
yaso-peyotl.com/archives/et/002627.html
amazon.co.jp/文学的人生論-知恵の森文庫-三島-由紀夫/dp/433478321X
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's a soiboy

Because he knows he's inferior to him in every way

every jap wants to kill themselves but only a few have the gonads to commit traditional sudoku

Mishima was able to get angry

Because Mishima wanted to transport Japan back in time to feudal ages. He was a huge cult hit during when Murakami was growing up. Murakami completely disagreed on Mishima's outlook and despised all his peers following his every book like gospel. Murakami actually was so against Mishima he developed his characteristic style by trying to write as unlike Mishima as possible.

is there faggotery in feudal Japan?

classic ressentiment.. mishima living in his head, rent free. i imagine he has nightmares about getting mounted by mishima yukio... the strong hands exploring, the not unpleasant musk from his sweaty body overpowering...

It's a strange case for a Japanese author because Murakami almost exclusively read foreign literature when he was young.
He started to read Soseki and liked it when he was over 30yo iirc. He may had mixed feelings about Mishima being a kind of icon of Japanese literature in the world.

Anyway, it's not uncommon that a Japanese author disliking another Japanese author but Murakami never insulted Mishima like Dazai and Mishima did to other Japanese authors.

Attached: bungo jp.png (804x467, 197K)

Wish this chart had some sources. I'm especially interested in the arrows to and from Dazai.

>Murakami
>IQ84

Attached: 50670_9YdH6KHk.png (600x600, 125K)

I doubt there are sources of many of them in English but I can explain about most of them.
It's well known that Mishima hated Dazai with passion(tsundere). Also, Dazai was like a rockstar so he attacked a lot of older authors.

I need to learn Japanese so I can read their beef. I'm also interested in Akutagawa. Know anything about Dazai's relation with him?

Mishima is a Republican, Haruki is a Democrat

>mishima living in his head, rent free.

Attached: laughing pepe.png (378x357, 81K)

Because Mishima is an actually good author he has no hopes of competing with in his homeland.
Haruki "He listened to Jazz" Murakami is the author of the rootless, cosmopolitan westerner who holds no values besides milquetoast liberalism, and while he bathes in the borderless, the limitless global world, he still seeks "Exotic" works subconsciously, only to be served by Murakami, the butler of the west! A shameless literary whore to the west!

Akutagawa was his idol, absolutely. This is Dazai's notebook and we can see he just autistically wrote “Akutagawa Ryunosuke, Akutagawa Ryunosuke, Akutagawa Ryunosuke…”.

Also, the reason Dazai attacked Kawabata was Akutagawa. Kawabata was a judge of the first Akutagawa prize. And Dazai was so upset when he failed to receive “the first Akutagawa prize”.

Attached: mig (1).jpg (300x169, 10K)

>A shameless literary whore to the west!
pretty much. whenever I see someone reading Murakami acting as if they're reading "Japanese literature" I laugh. Murakami writes Western lit LARPing as Japanese lit.

also Murakami ruined Shinchosha

Stop writing with stolen lines BAP's tweets. Have your own thoughts.

Who is BAP?
I don't follow third rate twitter fags. I don't follow anyone on twitter.
Twitter is also for westerners who want to feel good about themselves.
Fuck you and fuck twitter too.
Fuck Murakami too.

Sure, sure.

Seriously, who the fuck is it?

who the fuck is BAP? the kpop group?

Can you provide some sources for the rest of the relations? I'm particularly interested in Mishima's appreciation of Tanizaki.
I can read Japanese.

>I can read Japanese.

Attached: 1519508099480.jpg (356x437, 41K)

u jelly?

Attached: 1339417533589.png (600x661, 394K)

lol Dazai hated everyone. goddamn. I need to read more of him.

>ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/谷崎潤一郎#作品の評価
>yaso-peyotl.com/archives/et/002627.html
Mishima mentions his pros and cons but basically respects him and called him genius sometimes

iirc Mishima hated Dazai because Dazai wrote in a very colloquial, informal style of Japanese and Mishima thought eschewing formal literary styles was heresy.

Really? I always imagined that Dazai wrote more conservatively, given that he came from a wealthy family.

learning Japanese seems like a waste of time. all of their good books are from the past. their contemporary overall artistic output is quite shit, as is their society. most good modern foreign language literature comes out of shitholes. even Korean lit is better.

>Korea
Are you the kpop fag?

Dazai wrote many short stories with an experimental style. That's not why Mishima hated(tsundere) him though.

Was Mishima really tsundere towards Dazai or is that pure headcanon?

Thanks, I know that this is highly improbable, but when I was looking for something else in the edition of Mishima's collected works available at a library nearby, I noticed that he seemed to have written an essay on 少年 and 刺青. However, there are some volumes missing, and this essay is found in one of them. I suppose if you could hook me up with the link it would be a miracle, but I have to ask.
Well, then it's a good thing that their classics are abundant and good enough to keep me occupied for a lifetime, whereas gooks have never achieved anything noteworthy.

Murakami is an alright writter but Mishima was so fucking based he literally died for his ideals

Attached: crippling_mental_illness.png (430x430, 296K)

what an abhorrent post

not really, murakami is honestly just content with running and writing, then dabbing on haters when he picks up another international literary award. If he ends up winning the nobel prize, it would eternally BTFO mishimafags.

He kinda was. Probably, it's true that he honestly couldn't like Dazai's style and attitude overall but he praised Dazai's Setting Sun in a letter to Kawabata. He also admitted that one of reasons he hates dazai is that he thinks he and Dazai are inherently similar to each other.

his death was pathetically farcical

Imagine if Mishima pushed Dazai to the wall and kissed him haha

>Once, he [Mishima] followed Dazai to a party, styling himself as Dazai’s assassin, and told him to his face, “I hate your literature.” Dazai coolly looked him up and down and replied, “And yet you are here.”
I imagine Dazai being taller and the top desu

>“And yet you are here.”

Attached: 1477933418362.png (752x751, 581K)

I guess Dazai would dom him despite Mishima being a muscle manlet.

Mishima would try to claim to others he is a power bottom but deep down he would know the shameful truth

Mishima was a manlet LARPer who wrote shitty 'masculine' novels.

I'm not really sure but there's his essay on Tanizaki's 刺青 in this book.
amazon.co.jp/文学的人生論-知恵の森文庫-三島-由紀夫/dp/433478321X
I'm a Dazai fan rather than Mishima fan so I'm not really familiar with his essays.

Don't know if that's the essay I was looking for, but that book seems interesting, thanks!

found the weeb

He's a buttmad marxist twat who caters to basic western university roasties. He's basically another John Green or that bitch who wrote the Hunger Games except he's "deep" because he's an exotic, mysterious chinaman.

It all comes down to jealousy and unresolved homolust for Mishima.

Yes, actually. It was pretty common for the samurai to engage in gay relationships and brothels frequently had both male and female prostitutes.

Yukio "I'm a faggot but I'm also not because faggotry is a western concept and also a manlet" Mishima was an overrated writer who only got traction because of the inflated interest in anything Japanese-related after the second world war. His works never merited much attention. He was quite pretentious himself, and his fans tend have been and still be equally pretentious little toads. They only respect him because he came from a place of wealth and nobility and he was mildly attractive. Beyond that, they don't truly value his writing and they tend to idolize him because of the circumstances of his death and because he never wasn't as respected as writers such as Kawabata. goes to show how superficial his fans are. no wonder Pewdiepie likes him so much. namedropping Mishima is a great way of posturing for Japs and weeaboos alike.

Mishima was quite prolific, I'll give him that. But the reality is that Kimitake Hiraoka was a fragile little man who overcompensated by shitting out pretentious novels for the adulation of pretentious Japs and Westerners. just read Sōseki. at least he wasn't a pretentious little weasel.

Attached: Mishima_Yukio600.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Do you feel relief after bescumbering your keyboard like that?

murakami wanted to be as far away from mishima as possible in philosophy

mishima was severely quixotic. murakami is practical. fundamentally murakami writes about people who connect with others, despite his characters feeling isolated in modern society.

mishima writes about these self indulgent characters who fantasize about some ideal and succumb to madness in chasing that dream...usually destroying themselves in the process.

kenzaburo oe also wan't crazy about mishima...although mishima praised oe's works (but also called oe ugly).

murakami actually enjoys oe's books. i will say that oe's "seventeen" is a likely view that many mishima naysayers have of mishima's personality. also oe's "the silent cry" is a more elaborate story on the same theme that really does destroy mishima and makes him appear as someone with a hardcore peter pan complex (which is literally true since mishima wanted to die young so he would be immortalized with a youthful image instead of wrinkly and gray).

Better than sucking his dick like the rest of the thread

>this thread

Attached: 6rZ8g8R.jpg (400x400, 21K)

>Supports Japan in any way
Fucking weeb kill yourself

you okay, user?

this is how I feel about the Tolstoy v. Dostoy threads

It's always Murakami gaylords who start these pointless fights.

Murakami fans are the kind of people who entertain themselves with asinine comparisons of two dissimilar things.

this thread was started by an obvious mishimafag

He died in shame after failing to start a revolution user.

t. didn’t understand mishima
oh no honey..

t. delusional weeb

Is the love I see for Mishima on this site genuine? I mean, he’s a spectrum dwelling, self loathing, closet case, so that makes him easy for everyone here to identify with, but that doesn’t mean we think his work has substance or merit, does it?

because i have taste unlike you faggot

His pathetic manlet death ironically undermines everything he ever wrote about masculinity. At least Hemingway didn't embarrass himself too badly on his way out.

Cringe. Mishima’s death was an erotic act. Do you think he actually intended to overthrow the govt? Mishima was leagues more self-aware and self-critical than Hemingway. Hemingway wrote LARP books. Mishima wrote books about LARPers.

see

Great comeback, kid. Read a book.

>Mishima was leagues more self-aware and self-critical than Hemingway. Hemingway wrote LARP books. Mishima wrote books about LARPers.

Attached: OuXRWXroKKe0vGzE0ziT4r_jRGGoVaAoLvPFWpc6MFfdE5Vlk05nQp0pmrLjCNiIJl5uI94iYAuwNQ8qn0YBKA.jpg (179x282, 8K)