>woolf never won it
>rilke never won it
>mishima never won it
>gaddis never won it
>gass never won it
>shakespeare never won it
>murakami never won it
explain this to me Yea Forums

Attached: apu thinking.png (741x568, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

22november1963.org.uk/bertrand-russell-16-questions-on-the-assassination
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the nobel prize isn't some divinely ordained ontological status granter. it's a conventional prize, whose committee is presided over by fallible human beings who make decisions based on fallible criteria such as current fashion and personal taste

I can't say for certain, but if the answer does not in some way involve Jews I will eat my hat and remain thereafter hatless and scorned

Nietzsche was declaring himself dynamite thirteen years before the prize existed, so they can't give it to anyone good.

Russell was a great writer even if you aren't fond of his philosophy.

>Born in Stockholm, Alfred Nobel was the third son of Immanuel Nobel (1801–1872), an inventor and engineer of Jewish descent, and Carolina Andriette (Ahlsell) Nobel (1805–1889)

murakami will win before he dies

Murakami is like vomit having diarrhea

no he wont the comity doesnt like him

because he is the hero of incels. the comity sees that as a big "no-no", the basedboi cucks!

he is a pulp fiction writer and that is why the comity does not like him.

Houellebecq will win this year. Mark my words, faggots.

You forgot that I never won it. That's okay, but in fifty years leaving my name off the list will be blasphemy.

Bob Dylan is unironically a better poet than most all time great poets.

This poster actually believes Gaddis, Gass, Mishima and fucking Murakami are more important writers than TS Eliot.

there will never ever ever be another nobel prize for literature mark my words.

also ishiguro is hot garbage

Didn't quite pull this joke off user, sorry, maybe next time

He's no Dante.

You can always involve Jews, it's only a matter of rhetorical ingenuity.

Many factors. The Nobel prize in literture is supposed to be awarded to authos who disaply "an ideal" whatever that means. In the past that has prevented authors considered too pessimistic or not froward-looking enough (like Zola, Ibsen or even Toltoy) from getting it.

In the first years of the prize the "ideal" stipulation was more narrowly interpreted as "national ideal", hence why many of the first recipient were nationalist writers and/or wrote in dialect.

There were also political considerations particularly in time of war.

Later the committee's ideal of ideal has been broadened and the emphasis on ideals of whatever sort has been weakened. Still this has allowed to exclude writers on idealgical or political grounds (see for instance Borges).

There is also the problem of only awarding one person a year: so if someone is promising you might want to wait, and if someone is solid but not hotly relevant to the issues of the day you might actually sideline him in favor of more immediately relevant writers, because you know the guy, solid as he is, will keep writing books and eventually you'll a good year to give him the prize.

More broadly you could describe this as the "maybe next year" syndrome: if you have to choose among a long list of worthy candidates, all of them except one are going to wait at least one year more. Year after year this can lead one writer to dying before receiving the prize (as it happened with Valéry I think). Likewise in a year when there are only subpar candidates one of them is going to get the prize, however reluctant the academy may feel in awarding it.

Dylan is a hack whose flashy yet ultimately empty.lyrics did nothing other than seal the fate of the American folk tradition. The award he received is nothing more than the triumph of consumerism.over all culture. Dylan is one of the few artists to have made the world a worse place.with his work.

Bump

While it largely is just politics and celebrity, they show a desire to actually reward people from time to time for their accomplishments, Obama gives hope everywhere he goes.

Based!

Attached: 1530968742775.jpg (624x960, 78K)

Bertrand Russell is based and jfkpilled
22november1963.org.uk/bertrand-russell-16-questions-on-the-assassination

>Who is Leonard Cohen
>Who is Joni Mitchell
>Who is Joanna Newsom

The only reason anyone thinks Dylan is a decent poet is because he plagiarized medieval ballads for forty years

they don't award posthumous prizes as far as i know

What is the divinely ordained ontological status granter?

It involves Swedes. So yes.

I think even Dylan was confused when he won that nobel