Lads, why aren’t you reading the Old Testament?

Lads, why aren’t you reading the Old Testament?

Attached: 6130C130-54C8-421F-B0A2-EE23AF0FEE76.jpg (670x445, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_messiah_claimants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read it when I was 14-15, it has nothing to offer

Repent, sinner

But I am reading it. Why did Eve give Adam a bite of the fruit after she knew it was wrong to do so? She gained the knowledge of good and evil before Adam and still did it. The cunt.

read paradise lost

>21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

>24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

>26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

>29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

>30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

>“No,” he said.

How do you handle the cognitive dissonance?

I've read the good bits but if I'm going to return to any part of the Bible than it's going to be the superior NT.

You mean the fanfiction that places Lucifer as the serpent and gave Christians a million reasons to believe it as gospel alongside the Bible?

I've read it plenty. That doesn't answer my question.

Women right?

Read Kierkegaard

>tfw you realize the Semitic grip is too stronk, that the West will never return to its original Neoplatonic greatness, we will always be slaves to a Judaic invasion that completely and permanently altered the course of our civilization and ultimately led us to all our modern problems, and that we're now forever stuck in a pendulum between athiesm or Semitism, either wayward nihilists or reactionary Christians, slaves to either degeneracy or a degenerate Church, all part of the greatest and most unparalleled cultural conversion in the history of civilizations, which we can never restore ourselves from

I'm just going to move to Asia. Let the West sink, either in degeneracy, Islam, or reactionary Christianity. Buddhism is superior to any philosophy the West has followed since after Ancient Greece.

Because I've graduated to the next level.

Attached: book_of_mormon.jpg (944x993, 121K)

Because I've graduated to the next level.

Attached: ub.jpg (901x1280, 260K)

why was that dude messing with that other dudes donkey?

It does answer your question

You're just too much of an autist to understand how

Go back and read PL again you dumb zoomer fuck

Butt stuff

I am. Up to Chronicles 1 now.

I want to agree with you, but if you think moving to Asia will solve your problems, you're sorely mistaken

answer the question you idiot

I moved to Asia because of this almost ten years ago. Good Christian communities in Singapore, Philippines (though Catholic), even Indonesia (most of the Chinese Indonesians are Pentecostal). Just came back to America. Actual Buddhists are not at all like they're portrayed in Western media. They're extremely stingy and follow tons of religious rituals and don't eat beef.

Your exegesis is weak lad.

I'm too ashamed to even pick up my bible lately.

YHWH spoke through the donkey you Sargon of Cuckad tier brainlet

There are many actual Buddhists who are not so. Tibetans in my experience are jovial and don't take themselves too seriously

I'm a Christian, so I won't read the old testament made by a satanic "god" thank you very much!

You are right about Buddhists, at least in the case of cultural Buddhists who are only Buddhist because they were born in a region where Buddhism is dominant, and not because they agree with any of its teachings.

How come there are no records of the Jews ever being in Egypt in the times of Exodus?

I don't know too much about the actual teachings, only how they act, from what I've seen.
The Chinese ones burn fake money, which I've heard is not at all true Buddhism.
I met a Sri Lankan who said only Sri Lankans and Tibetans (maybe Nepalese?) practice teh true form

The Lord works in mysterious ways

People today concede it to have never happened. I'm not sure if that's true, but many feel so.

I'm in my mid-30s, so not a zoomer. Thanks for trying though. I've taking college courses on both Milton and Paradise Lost respectfully. There is nothing in PL that answers the question of why Eve gives Adam a bite of the fruit after having gained the knowledge of good and evil.

>no records
Except the legend and text you mean? What more do you want exactly? A dead Jew skelleton or something?

>drops acid once

>this is what archeology would be if Christians were given full reign

>christian archeology, folks

Buddhism differs depending on where you go. Try moreso to look into the teachings themselves, from the scriptures, which don't have the hypocrisies and strangeness that modern sects might.

not the other guy but you sound autistic and filled with bullshit
>I've taking college courses on both Milton and Paradise Lost respectfully
as if their is a difference..... lol this board has gone to shit with psueds to the fuckin max

Attached: 1544222195846.jpg (406x364, 118K)

If you'd actually gone to college then you'd know that a survey of Milton's work does not just constitute Paradise Lost. That's like saying if you took a class on the Complete Dante, you'd only be reading the Comedia. Which is not the case. Milton had other work than his fanfics. Psued.

That's odd because Sri Lankan Buddhism AFAIK tends to be totally different from Tibetan Buddhism

Eve knew she was fucked so she wanted Adam to be fucked too

i'm illiterate

Bump

I'm not Jewish.

Should I be? What might I learn from it?

If a woman has sex with a goat, you should kill the woman and the goat. Their blood is on their own hands/hooves.

I'm trying.
My ex bought me a copy of the new oxford annotated bible that I'm slowly working through.
I wanted to read it with him, but he hates me now, so this is a solo-man's journey and my mind can't stay focused anymore.

Are you a gril?

Grills don't post on Yea Forums, when will you learn user.

But male ones do.

They're probably the only decent grills left.

Feel free to skim around or even discontinue reading.
Not worth the effort in my opinion

Yeah, but you’re a lesbian transwoman

How can you say that qt? The Old Testament is a collection of wisdom, because many true stories are presented there

:3

Real woman. No “but” about it. I was raised Christian and I know it

Much of it is false. It has socio historical relevance but not much else.

So you don’t believe that God is real?

Brainwashed drone. If you were lobotomized, your grey matter would pour out like a smoothie.

>He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 23:1

Based.

At all

Irrelevant in more ways than one.

*smirk*

So butterfly, in the past three days you’ve fantasized about me, something you never do, and you also know who I am. You want to know how I know God is real? Because of what’s going on right now

good reason to read the old testament then, forewarning for any possible dealings
it'll give you an account of how jews behaved since the beginnings of their recorded history

Aaaaaand here’s Ben Garrison

He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
Proverbs 14:2

>good reason to read the old testament
I went to Catholic school so I already know.
I'm just not Jewish or Catholic so I stopped being Christian (especially since the holy books consistently call non-Jews a disgrace who will never get into Heaven and it kinda hurt my feelings).

People that quote bible passages to make points literally checkmate themselves out of an argument

Literal fedora tipper argument

How about I'll start quoting the Quran, and let's see how effective that is in changing your mind.

Attached: FB23D110-D72F-4F86-A36D-40C4D8935CB6.jpg (349x349, 24K)

Most of the god believers here are Muslims anyway. Won’t do you too much good. Yea Forums has the highest percentage of white Muslims anywhere.

Either way I could make a straw poll and the majority would at least believe in the Abrahamic God. That’s pretty fucking cool. Not many online forums like that.

So I want to bring attention to the fact that after this comment, she is gone. Not ignoring me, just absolutely gone from the board for now.

Apparently I hit the nail on the head, and I might have inspired another one of her ‘seesions’. :33333

You did this thread a loyal service user.

>a sodomite namefag calling the bible irrelevant

I see you post here consistently and every post reeks of degeneracy. Go back to DeviantArt sodomite

Oh no. I’m actually really, really not like you.

I don’t want her to leave. But. I did just want to show you what is happening/going on. She is turning straight a little. I do believe in God, as he has transformed my life, and I think she’s here for a reason.

So God. Please forgive this woman for indulging in her pleasures tonight while thinking of me.

And if she believes in God perhaps she will pray too. I want her to keep the tripcode, I really do. I also want her to understand that I want her to feel comfortable and that I posted in that beauty thread earlier. I think she is objectively beautiful.

Attached: 9251D8F3-E216-4CCA-A88C-8B2F37D1B651.jpg (437x313, 82K)

If i want to reread bad fiction I can do better than the bible

Is that the butterfly?

oo killem

m’lady

Yeah not even sure what your point is, but doubt it. From about a minute of research Yea Forums is almost entirely US based. Muslims come in under 1% in the US.

>Either way I could make a straw poll and the majority would at least believe in the Abrahamic God

WTF religions pertaining to the Abrahamic god make up more than half of the world population.

>Not many online forums like that.

What would be one forum that wouldn't be mostly that? It's just math.

Reddit

Why are Christians always thinking about Nanak sex? Disgusting.
But what makes you the degenerates most is your life denying desert zombi cult.

An board dedicated to literature ought exclude cults of single book worshipping

>muh lady mufucka
>this expression indicates a hebrew larpers confusion and lack of understanding

Yes and she is really, really mine. I even made sure she wouldn’t do anything with anyone else, woman, man.

This is a cutiepie

#
Why are Christians always thinking about anal sex? Disgusting.
But what makes you the degenerates most is your life denying desert zombi cult.

An board dedicated to literature ought exclude cults of single book worshipping

>always thinking about anal sex
People who hate Christianity are sodomites/reprobates most of the time, the bible states this

>desert zombi cult
brainlet too
>literature exclude religion
double brainlet

I look forward to you dying of AIDs

>nanka
Butters is a filthy Jap confirmed.

Attached: BEC87F97-BBCD-4D11-B615-DF09C5BA4D00.jpg (557x711, 54K)

> call non-Jews a disgrace who will never get into Heaven and it kinda hurt my feelings
I'm sorry to break it to you but you're never going to make it

So did I catch you or not butterfly :3

You aren't using the meme correctly, I'm not an atheist, closer to a Platonist. Christcuckery is cancer.

Where did the priest touch you

The Bible is a core part of Western Civilization and important for understanding many works of literature, you debauched abomination.

):

Attached: sad fish.jpg (729x399, 59K)

>I’m not an atheist, I’m a Platonist
Cringe

I just don't know what that's supposed to mean. Is that an argument? Fuck me. Yeah we get it, you're cool and I'm not.

It was a response to the last question asked.
So basically I was right earlier?

Cmon I’m not trying to be a dick just read the other post

Reddit, again US based.

Right. Not mostly religious like us.

Monism is a perfectly rational view of the Absolute. What's cringy is that you LARP as a Jew.

You know saying "cringe" isn't an argument, right? You Christians consider yourselves so erudite, yet you speak more insults than information. Also, what's truly cringe is your theologians stealing all the greatest ideas and aesthetics from pagan cultures while simultaneously degrading them in tongue or flaying them by sword. You really are, from your historical beginnings up until today, the most ignoble people seen in Western society. You are singlehandedly the reason that the great Grecian world will never return to us in its splendor, since people can no longer conceive of Divinity except as being a sentient being who cares for one's sexual orientation, is universal but has a Hebrew name, created everything EXCEPT for all the bad things (that was the FALL, bro). What an absolute disgrace. I'm considering moving to Asia in my future because I have infinitely more respect for Eastern philosophies like Buddhism than I do this Semitic garbage you all serve as footsoldiers for. Yes, call Platonism "cringe" while your entire theology rests on it for its foundation. I repeat - Christians are on average the most insufferable group on this planet. At least some Muslims don't even attempt to debate you, they'll simply get to it and assault or kill you. With Christians the assault is not with fists, but on your intelligence itself. Muslims might take your life from you, Christians remove you of the very desire to be live at all.

>Am I not your donkey?
Why would Yahweh pretend to be a donkey? Clearly he is "opening its mouth" to allow it to speak its mind just as he "opens Balaam's eyes" to allow him to see the angel. He's extending their natural abilities.

I'd like to try to get along with Christians, but they are so obnoxious that they make it impossible. They have no respect whatsoever for the fathers of Western tradition, and are thieves of all due credit for the inspirations which led to the West's development.

These people unironically think that someone like Kepler, who's greatest influences were Greeks, who thought he was Pythagoras reborn, who's work was banned by the church, is a triumph for Christianity simply because he lived in an era he wasn't allowed to be anything else.

>I'm considering moving to Asia in my future
Unlucky for the Asians to have to receive such an insufferable faggot.

>Everyone I disagree with is a joo

All religions and cultures borrow ideas, dummy

Christianity is, quite literally, Jewish.
Are you dumb?

Platonism has absolutely nothing to borrow from Christianity, because Christianity has nothing to offer.

Won't solve all my problems, no. But it's better than remaining here to witness whatever the next chapter of dysfunction in Western civilization brings to us. I am blackpilled, in a sense. I think we've dug ourselves into a hole which we can't get out from, at least anytime in the near future. The seeds have been planted for time now, wherein the present degeneracy will promote the growth of reactionary sentiments until they push back against it and simply revert to a former mode of culture, forgetting why we even left it behind in the first place. Meanwhile, there will still be a population which is entirely unmoved by this nu-religion, and unhappy in sight of something which they never believed in or outgrew believing in. These people will be alienated by this shift, and will similarly have to look elsewhere for their systems of spiritual-cultural beliefs. And from here who knows what will happen, but I'm sure that the nu-religious LARPing won't ever become sincere, only a caricature of its previous incarnation, and one that will later be replaced by something else. All of this presumes Islam doesn't take over first, and there's no basis to say that. Honestly I don't care anymore, we deserve this entirely. We abandoned our foundational roots, even despite them bejng the very source of all our greatness, and our modern condition is what naturally happens to a civilization stupid enough to do such a thing. I feel no attachment to the "West" anymore, it's merely a corpse to me. I will move elsewhere, that's for sure. Possibly Asia, possibly not. But there's nothing culturally appealing to me about this place anymore, quite the opposite.

But Christianity is unique in that it gives absolutely no credit to the cultures it takes from, and quite the contrary, denigrates the very source that serves for its foundations. As I said earlier - with their hands they steal pagan elements, with their mouth they degrade pagans as backwards heretics, and with their swords they physically kill them and remove their cultures from existence. That's quite a unique mode of operation which they alone can boast of. Here, admire their handiwork on statue of Athena from the 4th century, which their Muslim counterparts finished the destruction of just recently.

Attached: 79213638.UUjlxi6H.SyriaMay071217.jpg (402x600, 73K)

Christians aren’t Jews, retard. Ask any Jew.

Jesus was in fact a Judean.
Any and all belief in him simultaneously requires full faith in Jewish prophecy and scripture. What does that make you?

Oh nooo, the evil Christian broke my cool statue >:(

>Jesus was a Jew
>Therefore Christians are Jews

Attached: 1501504881809.jpg (2048x2043, 317K)

Oh nooo, the evil Muslim is breaking my Christian civilization >:(

Yes, you practice the religion right?
Your contention with one another is about whether or not the moshiach came, right? It's the same religion.

I'm planning to read the Old Testament this year. I think I'll read 3 chapters a day (in addition to the daily readings from mass), but does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I'm a practicing Jew myself and I don't believe they're the same

Watch your butthole, son.

So, in your retarded opinion, two religions that are fundamentally centered around a particular "prophecy" has no relation to each other.

They are related, but that doesn't make Christians Jews

I mean, it pretty much does.
They're just different branches of one religion, Judean religion.(unless you're unironically retarded enough to believe in a united kingdom of Israel, which is laughable)

You could say it branched off, but it's still stupid to call Christians Jews because the former came off the latter.

The word you’re looking for is Abrahamic, knucklehead. In your reasoning Buddhists are Hindus because the Buddha was born a Hindu.

You really are a very dumb person.
Super sad analogy, buddhism doesn't subscribe to the same deities, you absolute retard.
Holy fuck, read a book.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_messiah_claimants
It's ironic that all these people who claimed to be the messiah and the people who followed them are still Jews but Christians arent.

>flaying them by sword

Explain how it's ironic. Christ made salvation available to the gentiles, while those Messiah claimants didn't.

Frankists and Sabbateans definitely did have good goy converts. I mean, how are we going to have an honest discussion if I have to hold your hand?

tfw reading this in the original language
baruch ata adonai eloheino sh'asani gever

Imagine being this autistic lads

97:7.1.The destruction of the Hebrew nation and their captivity in Mesopotamia would have proved of great benefit to their expanding theology had it not been for the determined action of their priesthood. Their nation had fallen before the armies of Babylon, and their nationalistic Yahweh had suffered from the international preachments of the spiritual leaders. It was resentment of the loss of their national god that led the Jewish priests to go to such lengths in the invention of fables and the multiplication of miraculous appearing events in Hebrew history in an effort to restore the Jews as the chosen people of even the new and expanded idea of an internationalized God of all nations.

97:7.2.During the captivity the Jews were much influenced by Babylonian traditions and legends, although it should be noted that they unfailingly improved the moral tone and spiritual significance of the Chaldean stories which they adopted, notwithstanding that they invariably distorted these legends to reflect honor and glory upon the ancestry and history of Israel.

Attached: urantiab.jpg (1400x1400, 219K)

97:7.3.These Hebrew priests and scribes had a single idea in their minds, and that was the rehabilitation of the Jewish nation, the glorification of Hebrew traditions, and the exaltation of their racial history. If there is resentment of the fact that these priests have fastened their erroneous ideas upon such a large part of the Occidental world, it should be remembered that they did not intentionally do this; they did not claim to be writing by inspiration; they made no profession to be writing a sacred book. They were merely preparing a textbook designed to bolster up the dwindling courage of their fellows in captivity. They were definitely aiming at improving the national spirit and morale of their compatriots. It remained for later-day men to assemble these and other writings into a guide book of supposedly infallible teachings.

97:8.1.The custom of looking upon the record of the experiences of the Hebrews as sacred history and upon the transactions of the rest of the world as profane history is responsible for much of the confusion existing in the human mind as to the interpretation of history. And this difficulty arises because there is no secular history of the Jews. After the priests of the Babylonian exile had prepared their new record of God's supposedly miraculous dealings with the Hebrews, the sacred history of Israel as portrayed in the Old Testament, they carefully and completely destroyed the existing records of Hebrew affairs—such books as "The Doings of the Kings of Israel" and "The Doings of the Kings of Judah," together with several other more or less accurate records of Hebrew history.
97:8.2.In order to understand how the devastating pressure and the inescapable coercion of secular history so terrorized the captive and alien-ruled Jews that they attempted the complete rewriting and recasting of their history, we should briefly survey the record of their perplexing national experience. It must be remembered that the Jews failed to evolve an adequate nontheologic philosophy of life. They struggled with their original and Egyptian concept of divine rewards for righteousness coupled with dire punishments for sin. The drama of Job was something of a protest against this erroneous philosophy. The frank pessimism of Ecclesiastes was a worldly wise reaction to these overoptimistic beliefs in Providence.

New Testament is the superior version, prove me wrong.