I'm reading this

I'm reading this.
What are you reading?

Attached: 51U9ehoviBL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (329x499, 25K)

Beyond Oneness and Difference: Li and Coherence in Chinese Buddhist Thought and Its Antecedents
Name of the Rose
Introduction to Sanskrit
Kafka's Complete short stories

Very nice list. Kafka is a theologian imo. The Castle and Before the Law (and The Trial generally) are absolute stunning in their portrayal of the cosmic existential dread posed by the question of God's judgement and the realities of prayer/worship. He is superior to Dostoyevsky in this regard.
>intro to Sanskrit
I've plagued myself with learning that or Chinese but both are so hard and I'm such an idiot.

The Others by Matthew Rohrer
The Dash by Rebecca Comay and Frank Ruda

Bump for literature

The Penguin History of the World, newest edition

Is it a very long book?

Attached: E7C63955-1F88-4F83-9C11-05597D9CCC87.jpg (650x1040, 207K)

I read a selection from that in a postmodern compilation and it was gorgeously written and touching.

Not for the subject, which is the idea I think.

I'm really enjoying it so far, I recommend you dive into the whole thing. The title piece and 'The Pedersen Kid' are masterpieces.
I want to try Ommesetter's Luck next and then The Tunnel.

That's good I was being a bit cheeky anyway
It will be next after the T Mert books I just bought.

How is it OP?

It's good it is academic without many pretensions, he maintains a wry irony about his own writing throughout (so far). It is more informative than self help which I appreciate. I just read Kerouac's "Wake Up" which is beatific buddhism (done very well I might add). Merton doesn't try to seem overly authentic or knowledgable. It is like reading a peer.

Henry Hazlitt - Economics in One Lesson

Attached: 31875.jpg (312x475, 36K)

Curious about this Hazlitt fellow
And
Is a rare non meme book congrats is it good?

I'm reading Undertones of War, I read Storm of Steel this year, too. Any other interesting books around WWI era?
I've also read The Devil in the Flesh and thought it was great.
I just think WWI is so interesting, and loved the poetry it produced.

Attached: UoW.jpg (260x400, 27K)

>Curious about this Hazlitt fellow
he's just an Austrian school economist

I liked Johnny Got His Gun very much but it might be a bit juvenile. When I was in high school art class I did a lot of charcoal drawings about trench warfare. A very interesting war and little understood by people like myself.

I'm a brainlet so I will just look it up on Wikipedia later. I'm pretty fed up with people from the 19th century in general. Why do postmodernists wish to tear down the entire edifice of Western thought when we could just excise that lousy century and be better off?

Attached: 415GX3S4CFL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (312x474, 21K)

Ah I'm very glad to know this exists

Attached: 51hcWmYGMOL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (320x499, 30K)

>that blurb
Surely it's not THAT good

yeah i like it so far. it's a nice overview of the history of ancient philosophy with some interesting trivia and musings here and there. and at least it's not as dry as some other books i've read on the subject (like anhony kenny's, for example)

Ancient philosophy is so intriguing to me. If you don't mind did you find any particular philosopher worth looking into? Not for "sorting my shit out" I'm more interested by the strangeness of the ancients than what they might have to say to the modern man if that makes sense.

i myself am into neoplatonism, so i'd recommend looking into it, i guess. i think plotinus is pretty fascinating, especially if you want strange esoteric stuff

Attached: PlotinusTriad.jpg (370x379, 41K)

>The Castle and Before the Law (and The Trial generally) are absolute stunning in their portrayal of the cosmic existential dread posed by the question of God's judgement and the realities of prayer/worship.
urine

I will give it a look. I wish there were books of Egyptian or Sumerian philosophy. Something with anthropomorphic chimeric demons. Something where the line with animism had not yet been crossed. What caused the change for the Greeks I wonder? Everything left the body and became logical categories.

the first book in a long while to hold my attention

Attached: 666.jpg (220x351, 17K)

Piss on you too bud The Castle is very clearly about Kafka's struggle with divine knowledge and access. Everywhere the father. He was a jew who badly needed Christ.

>The Castle is very clearly about Kafka's struggle with divine knowledge and access. Everywhere the father. He was a jew who badly needed Christ.
feces

a great book I never finished

Haha puerile irony I get it!

>I get it!
no you don't
>Haha puerile irony
smegma

well it's not really all that simple with the greeks tbqh. you might want to check this book out if you're interested

Attached: 51J8sEWV86L._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (330x499, 28K)

Extrapolate please

That does look good.

>Extrapolate please
pus

THanks. I have 3 of his books just haven’t got around to them yet.

He's good he's I guess "comfy" to me, just casual enough without being "pop".

Have sex