Theodore John Kaczynski

76 years old. Still in jail.

Kaczynski is the only relevant thinker of the last 50 years. Anyone dodging the technological question is a coward. What good does theory bring if it ignores the basic values and fundaments of our society?How is knowing how power operates or whether or not equality is something to strive for important when the basis for life - AIR, WATER, WEATHER etc.. and 'social' aspects such as human decency - is at stake? The future is bleak. It's either a full blown environmental cataclysm, nuclear warfare, humans gets replaced by machines, humans get re-engineered to fit in the ever complexifying, ever dehumanizing system... You get the gist.

Or it's all of this. Or it's something completely unpredictable, which is how technology works. We make discoveries, and we spend the next hundreds of years trying to fix the problems caused by whichever new technology appeared.

Technology causes a water drought. So we create more technology to solve it (In reality, no one can plan a discovery. If we're lucky we discover something to buy us a few more years) But then the newer technology causes more problems that requires more technology to solve.

It's a never ending race.
Kaczynski's works don't stop with ISaiF, his other books are incredibly insightful too.

Attached: ted.jpg (1200x869, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestgore.com/sexual-disaster/self-mutilator-set-off-firecracker-inside-asshole/
content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ozv4q2ov3Mk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he thinks people that kill others by making a statement are intelligent

I prefer people who inspire love, understanding, rational discourse, and reason. I prefer people who are nice to others, as opposed to saying

“Society treated me like shit so I must be shit to society”, because that is where most modern philosophies end up

:3

The people you like inspire nothing

Powerful...

>I prefer people who inspire love, understanding, rational discourse, and reason.

You are a faggot.

LGBT member Sets Off Firecracker Inside Asshole
bestgore.com/sexual-disaster/self-mutilator-set-off-firecracker-inside-asshole/

I came to this conclusion a while ago.
I was reading about modernity and the aesthetics of nihilism. There is no longer a linear history, and there is no longer a binding cultural narrative. The west has been disrupted by two things. Globalism (immigration), and winning the cold war (the future is nothing but capitalism)

I came to the realization, that there is still one thing that binds us. Technology. But its a contradiction. As, everyone uses it, but it also creates alienation of the social and economic fabric. So it both binds and repulses

The two most important thinkers of modern times are ted and nick land.
Land is the thesis, ted is the anti thesis. Someone, as far as i know, has yet to create the synthesis

>love, understanding, rational discourse, and reason are ‘nothing’

You can shitpost all you want I know I am already seeing the influence my posts and others associated with me are having on this board. I always have. This board has changed for the better, although it may not ‘feel’ like it.

Funny thing about feelings though. People in control want you to feel a certain way about certain things. Sometimes it’s gonna feel like nails on a chalkboard, but we do it because we know the end result is going to be a net win for everyone

Good? I am not with the LGBT and don’t support them. But I’m not going to kill anyone. This is what separates me from a coward like OP, trying to run away from something instead of reasoning with it

you are a coward though. You are exactly what capitalism once. A non violent emasculated docile cow..
The state would rather you be this way, so they can have a monopoly on violence

Yeah capitalism.
Good suck dick like the tranny bo of /leftypol/.

How do you feel about your dad's sick, cracker?

I think the recent increase in TK threads are made by Uncle Ted himself, prove me wrong.

My father is not sick right now, he is alive and well... :/

As a cancer survivor (thanks to modern medicine), I can't accept the idea that technology is corrupting.

medicine development != technology development.

>As a first worlder I can't accept that child miners in africa suffer
Most of the real problems of tech and globalization effect people "over there"
Ted K doesn't even address this because he is a typically spoiled academic.

Why should I care about child miners? I'm an egoist.

>why should I care?
why should you care about anything?

I only care about things that directly contribute to my happiness.

How can you even know what those things are for certain? The existence of child exploitation detracts from my happiness directly.

then adopt all the children and work 10 different jobs to pay for their food

They're very closely correlated, how do you have modern medicine developments without the industrial revolution and every technological improvement that came after?

How about the things that are one step removed from you? Raising taxes by 300% doesn't directly affect you, but it does if you choose to work.

Holy fuck you have read neither land or kazynskdcmy. Note that I'm not saying you're nessecarily wrong, but you talk like a sub-120 IQ nigger from pol

What can be done?

And you type like a Chapo Trap House subscriber

Blowing up a computer store is real fucking brave and revolutionary.

No, I think both ACC and deep ecology are important to understand and the central axis of modernity but you just sound like a fucking stupid faggot

gets aids n^gger

primitivism and transhumanism are really looking at the same problems. Horseshoe theory confirmed.

Attached: lynchbob.jpg (480x505, 20K)

Keep up the good fight kind user, the world need more compassion and understanding for sure (even if I don't really undertstand the reason of why you are posting on an anonymous board where you will be shit on constantly as you are defending the unbearable point of view of humanity as something a little bit different than complete trash)

You're weak and cowardly and deserve to die. You don't appreciate all the sacrifice and death and struggle that enabled you to sit in your comfy house and post your grossly ignorant, self-righteous, toxic femininity. God damn you are a weak little bitch. No wonder someone like you wants Globalism, so you can be comfy with your cheap chink shit and your meaningless approved political debates to drown out the meaninglessness of your soft, worthless, pathetic life. You are the enemy of humanity, ass hole. I hope you get a chronic disease

Based

Ted was extremely intelligent. Just read about his life, look over his mathematical publications, and ACTUALLY read what he wrote.
Judge based on the contents of his philosophical outlook.

"Kindness", whatever you falsely or natively define this as, is not a measure of intelligence.

Actually yes, I became interested in Nick Land after concluding uncle Teds objective is futile.

Seething :3

No one is dodging the question of technology. Civilization answered that question upon its inception: technology is worth sacrificing humanity for in order to create greater humans. Hence, civilization.

Ted K. is not a relevant thinker. He's just one of many criminals who struggled against civilization and lost.

>Someone, as far as i know, has yet to create the synthesis
The Synthesis is Esoteric Hitlerism. Read SIEGE. We should worship Hitler and Charles Manson. Use Hate to tap into the apocalypse, the endless wellspring of death and evil bubling under the phenomenon. The same thing Hitler, Nick Land, ISIS and all the schools shooters and serial killers were tapping into. Kalki.

Yes, I am seething. I am angry and I am alive. I affirm the anger. I embrace the intensity. You are a coward.

>toxic femininity
Do you not see the hypocrisy in what you say? You are just as toxic, albeit not at all in a "feminine" way. Calm yourself, and learn to respect different ideals.

Not a hint of aggression in my post
Why don't you actually read his stuff? Appealing to a false sense of moral superiority over his actions (rather than his writing) isn't a genuine argument.

Woah watch out for this guy

This absolute unit is sperging the fuck out.

Attached: eo1nyl88t2i21.jpg (745x797, 44K)

I like set theory, but I haven’t read his work. Regardless I don’t agree with him as a person. I don’t believe his contribution to society was meaningful
Lol

Richard?

Not his intentions. In fact, the complete opposite.
Read his writing, it's pretty good. I'm not sure you'd really absorb it with that mindset, but it's with a read anyway. Start with his original "manifesto". You can grab a PDF for free online.

nope lmao

Attached: 235.jpg (193x266, 37K)

You’re the bravest of every hive minded incel in this thread user. It’s so easy to hate but it takes courage to show compassion.

yeah you're right I want to suffer just like them XD

Oh I thought you were talking about his work in mathematics. His philosophy is absolute trash

Elaborate?

We do share in their suffering. Suffering is like air pollution. Why do you think the west is full of addictions, self harm and mental illness? Every iPhone those kids help build by the destruction of their bodies is a piece of the death in our souls. Don't take this lightly I mean it explicitly.

As in, like, garbage. It’s shit.

It’s not very well written or well defined

What of the business magnate who uses his iPhone and other gadgets to continue rolling in millions of dollars? Is his soul "dying" as he raises his kids in a mansion and sends them abroad to various top tier schools?

But it is well defined and you fail to elaborate on why it's "shit" except that "there's not enough hippy dippy happy frolicking fun.

>egoist
>ever asking "why should I"
Face it, you're just a poser, asking how you "should" behave in order to conform to an identity.

The elite do their best to isolate themselves from the destruction they perpetuate but truly I don't believe they are happy.

Literature is not supposed to be happy or hateful. It’s supposed to be impartial and objective.

His work, while passing as barely objective, is very poorly defined. As an academic work, almost no terms are precisely or adequately defined. I’m willing to look into his work on mathematics, but I really don’t think the industrial revolution was inherently a bad thing.

lol, they are very happy. And they deserve to be, because they are successful.

>Kaczynski is the only relevant thinker of the last 50 years.
"/pol/ but smart" I whisper as I slowly insert the butterknife onto my urethra. "/pol/ but smart" I scream as I twist the handle

People don't buy iPhones just because third world factories produce them lol

>they are very happy
Prove it
Yes they do. Noone "needed" an iPhone before they were marketed and manufactured.

Until they were marketed anyway and the kids aren't doing the marketing

nigga just turn your phone off like walk away lmao

>Prove it
How do you suppose I do that? I can only reason it. And my reason tells me they are, considering they continue to create new and more advanced things. It's really hard to contend with complex subjects like quantum mechanics when you're sad, depressed, or possessed by fear.

Gays go to hell. Unironically

>quantum mechanic scientists are rich
I mean relatively sure but that is just dishonest and by reason I would guess you mean speculation. BTW Wittgenstein was depressed as fuck

I'm pretty sure they were marketed before they were manufactured.

They're still wealthy by today's standards. And if we're talking business magnates exclusively, they are still creating things and running large corporate entities. These activities are hard work, and it's not very possible to endure hard work for decades if you don't have your needs met.

exactly, so they aren't the reason let alone the only one lmao. Where exactly did Kaczynski prove that we will be unable to keep pace with an increasingly industrialized society? People have been saying that since the dawn of time...

Attached: dfc3ef741a14d4d4e20e807d14e71092.jpg (211x239, 9K)

> technology causes cancer
> technology stops cancer
> "technology is great!"

everything causes cancer lol

Idk man I think you are reducing happiness to productivity and I suggest you look into why that may be a very limited criterium.
My point is Ted K didn't address the fullness of the problem. His writing is completely idiosyncratic.

>you are reducing happiness to productivity
The problem doesn't lie with me, it lies with you. Your idea of happiness is not only ridiculous but it's useless. Buddhist monks are extremely happy people and yet they're completely useless to the world and don't do anything for it, they aren't an ideal to strive for at all. If you want to be that level of useless, go join a temple then.

oops I misread your post my bad

Attached: nintchdbpict000278683690-e1477918417109.jpg (960x641, 81K)

Checked but you're pointless to talk to
S'all good lil nigga

>you're pointless to talk to
If your goal is to convince me, then yes. No one is convinced by nonsense and what you're peddling is nonsense to me, you like to think the elite are unhappy people but there's no way they could do what they do if they were truly unhappy. They are not happy every moment of their lives, and for you, this seems to mean that they are unhappy. They are happier more often than you, most likely, and at higher intensities as well. The joy that comes from the things they can afford isn't equivalent to the joy that comes from things regular people can afford.

By the way, the elite aren't people who are born given everything. They're people who have everything and obtained it with their own hands.

weak bait

You're a complete parody. You have no reason to believe in the happiness of wealthy people. I could point to countless scandals, suicides, accounts in literature by the rich themselves, etc. to demonstrate that maybe they aren't happy for all their wealth, but you just claim that their happiness is self evident, because they can function at work. You're not using your reason at all you're just making unprovable claims, whereas I am simply questioning, which is permissible without any evidence. I'm not saying they are definitely not happy, but given a preponderance of evidence which seems to suggest otherwise, I doubt their happiness. It's pointless to talk to you because you don't have anything interesting to say. You're not happy either I guess.

>By the way, the elite aren't people who are born given everything. They're people who have everything and obtained it with their own hands.
lol

>You have no reason to believe in the happiness of wealthy people.
Besides that they're, you know, wealthy? Where do you think their wealth came from, out of thin air? Do you think society built itself, moron? There's some wealthy people who are born into their wealth, and those people might sometimes be miserable, but the people who earned their positions at the top didn't sulk around all day like whiny faggots and suicidal losers. Your narrative makes no damn sense for these people.

The elite are the people who make the history books and create things. Any other conception is dumb, poorly thought out bullshit.

Being driven to accumulate wealth does not necessarily require happiness. Fucks sake man what are you on about? I guess maybe I've had some perspective because I spent some time living among the upper classes. The amount of work some of them put in makes them unhappy.

and some people are born with more than others could ever hope to achieve

>Being driven to accumulate wealth
Who said anything about this? Not everyone who accumulates wealth is driven to, or aren't primarily driven by wealth.

>Fucks sake man what are you on about?
What kind of a question is that? The discussion started here with the assertion that the creatives are miserable and we are sharing in their misery by adopting their creations. This is pessimistic and only half-true. The other half of the truth is that while some people descend, others ascend on the descending's shoulders.

I've made more money than like 50 percent of earth's population will ever see working construction. Doesn't change sickness, old age and death (or the infinite gnawing of desire)

user please no, once i start watching liveleak and gore stuff i cant stop, especially the africa ones

>Where do you think their wealth came from, out of thin air? Do you think society built itself, moron? There's some wealthy people who are born into their wealth, and those people might sometimes be miserable, but the people who earned their positions at the top didn't sulk around all day like whiny faggots and suicidal losers. Your narrative makes no damn sense for these people.
and if you want to get really pedantical about it they did a study recently that suggests that happiness only linearly correlates with wealth to about 80k/yr

content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html

It isn't the creatives' misery but the misery of those people who they use to actually create the creations. Sweat shop laborers, child laborers etc. I think this has a global impact on misery. I was speaking metaphysically so you may not like what I have to say for that alone. Then someone asked what about the rich and I said it is likely they are often miserable as well.

I really don't give a shit what some study done by brainlets using a brainlet conception of happiness says about any of this.

You're a brainlet
(See how easy that is?)

okay, but even still if you want to go by common knowledge then the saying does go that money can't buy happiness, unless that's just one giant cope.

This is all pessimistic and only half-true, though. Both the misery AND the joy of the creatives gets spread by their creations. Joy and misery are never far from one another.

Ironically this

Sincerely this

Money can certainly buy happiness because we aren't all made happy by the same things. Some people need things that are obtained with money in order to be happy.

that's not the point

Attached: 1549570091438.png (1637x1302, 2.18M)

Exactly my point (sort of) misery is inherent in the human condition. I conjecture that it is something like pollution and by causing misery for your own happiness you're creating a more miserable environment thereby undermining your own attempts to enjoy life. Every one of us meet the same fate so it doesn't matter.

>you're creating a more miserable environment
But ARE YOU REALLY, when you are also spreading joy, and equally so?

>Every one of us meet the same fate so it doesn't matter.
No we don't. Our legacies are a part of our existence and we don't all leave equal legacies.

Attached: dfw.jpg (640x522, 82K)

>joy in equal measure
Doubt
>legacy is part of your existence
Definitely disagree with you there.

>Doubt
Cope
>Definitely disagree with you there.
And for that, you will leave a relatively shitty legacy!

>Cope
Shill
>a shitty legacy
Won't matter since i will be one with the void again

Is he writing in prison?

>it doesn't matter that I pissed in the cereal since I won't be the one eating it
How very noble of you.

Have there been any updates on how he's doing?

I really don't know how I feel about Ted. I really do have immense respect for him and consider him an incredibly intelligent man and political theorist. But he's also a murderer. What's the consensus on his bombings? Is he just a radical that used violence or is he insane? It's hard to look at his work at consider him a total loony.

Attached: sick fuck.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

HOLD IT

I asked in the other thread and l'll ask again: has any of you knucklwheads tried writing to Ted?

Caring about people instead of ideas is for normalfaggots. Also 'insane' doesn't mean anything besides a personal value judgement the way you're using it.

Why not kill all those useless consumers who will mostly be slaving away their pityful lives? Because you can't be sure of their misery?

>reddit spacing
>reddit opinion
>reddit smiley

Lol child exploitation doesn't exist for me if you faggots just stop bringing it up.

>Projecting this hard
>Literature is supposed to be objective
Lmao

Because they aren't useless. They're fueling the economy. The average Western consumer is still worth dozens of Asian sweatshop workers.

"The economy". So just because western people have more meme bills you value them?

He is not the most interesting or best theorist on technology.

He was however a successful terrorist and his manifesto is quite staggering for any normal person who happens to read it.

I value the fruits of that economy. You know, stuff like pretty much all technology made over the last half a century.

TK is a CIA false flag. The man never existed and is merely a ruse to inspire and monitor domestic terrorists in the United States,

if he was right why did he have to blow people up? never saw galileo shipping bombs to anybody desu.
>hey yall read this shit
>nah it suck
>BOOM
convincing argument to say the least

I mean part of his whole shtick is that people are overpopulated so i mean it's not incongruous with his beliefs say what you will...

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Technology is one of the things that escaped from Pandora’s box, the greeks just forgot to mention it.
It can’t be reversed now. Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

youtube.com/watch?v=ozv4q2ov3Mk

You mean the laziness devices? Those inventions are double edged swords.

So? Are you going to stop wielding the sword? Make sure you don't get cut by the other side then.