Where do I start with Tolstoy ?

Where do I start with Tolstoy ?

Attached: ryzhenkov_pavel_viktorovich_39_umbrella.jpg (2000x816, 1.2M)

The Greeks

War and Peace, then Anna Karenina, done

Not even once.

Don’t. Most overrated author. Tons of other Russians to read

If you REALLY feel like it. You COULD read War & Peace...but only if you REALLY feel like it. The rest is utter dogshit though so dont even bother.

Tolstoy feels like Dostoyevsky with Down Syndrom. There is really no need to read his books at all.

stop. if you faggots keep saying this shit I will never find the motivation to read Tolstoi

The Death of Ivan Ilyich

>tons of other Russians
not as good as Tolstoy though are they haha
>read War & Peace
>the rest is utter dogshit
cringe
>Dostoyevsky with Down Syndrom
Only someone with Down syndrome would actually think this lol

Read Anna Karenina

If you prefer big novels start with War and Peace, if not start with Death of Ivan Illych and Other Stories. Also Dostoesvky is glorified pulp fiction.

>Anna Karenina
Yeah, read a book with no tension, no interesting characters and basically no plot aside from cheating on your partner.

t. gave up on page 10

34% :^)

You might actually have Down syndrome user

His short stories are enjoyable, Anna Karenina and War and Peace are so huge you'll get lost and forget half the people and their relation to each other halfway through.

start with HDT

Attached: download.jpg (1978x2081, 634K)

The best :3

No seriously Walden is as much a book in the woods as religious transcendentalism

this

not this, anything but this
this

Either Death of Ivan Ilyich or Hadji Murat. HM is great because it deals with the whole Caucasus-Russia conflict, which is still somewhat relevant to this day. Also, the way the opening and ending tie into each other is really neat.

Attached: i500-40.jpg (399x500, 27K)

If you like Dostoyevsky, try the Forged Coupon, Polikushka, Three Deaths, and the Death of Ivan Ilyich, which are all in the same collection.
Ignore most of his military stuff.
It might not have that same grit but it's the best I read of his.

Read Master and Man, The Cossacks, Family Happiness, War and Peace, Anna Karenina, all the remaining shorts and novellas, then Resurrection.

You fags telling him to skip war and peace are just cancer.

I'm killing mysel fnow.