I'm feeling like shit and nothing is enjoyable anymore, maybe philosophy can help me

I'm feeling like shit and nothing is enjoyable anymore, maybe philosophy can help me.

Can you guys recommend a good book featuring Nietzsche's core ideas? If that's too advanced then I'm also interested in Stoicism.

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mNCwJeiZfvk
classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html
youtu.be/U9Nhxela2HY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Start with the Greeks.

You have to break out of the system, you are not you. You are not the All. Your skeleton has become capital alien entity. You are controlled. Become the All, become it or end up like Randy.

Attached: 76FBCB0F-6027-4BDF-99F4-698550959D0B.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

For me, it’s the McChicken

Are you Three for free?

No I will not start with the Greeks. Their problems are so different from mine; they would just laugh and call me a pathetic loser. And already I know I'm a pathetic loser.

You will understand literally nothing in Nietzsche if you do not at least read a few of Plato's Socratic dialogues.

I feel like thats bullshit, is there any way that you could explain why or how?

I guess I'll just check out Meditations

It’s me fren

John Kaag is the most interesting current Nietzschean
also watch the opening of this
youtu.be/mNCwJeiZfvk

Attached: 11CB0600-4601-40A4-BDD2-C75CE2DFD836.jpg (1669x2560, 938K)

>youtu.be/mNCwJeiZfvk
what was the point of this

he’s Nietzschean

The Enchiridion. This should be babby's first foray into Stoicism.
classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html

this is very Nietzschean
youtu.be/U9Nhxela2HY

Dude, stoicism is not what you're looking for if you're feeling like shit. They'll just tell you that all those problems are not your business as long as you cant't help them (like existencial crisis and stuff). They'll instead teach you how to get your shit together and keep going, having a productive life, eventhough you still want to die (just let those thoughts appart).

Well, psycollogicaly that's what I would recomend you, BUT, if you want to go deep on why do we have horrible thoughts about ourselves (and if you don't care abouth sporadic racism) go ahead read Nietzsche. Of course you'll not understand all the first time, but thats normal. Just start with his midle-age books (the first ones are like... a lot abouth linguistic & ancient greek, and maybe you're not interested).

>If that's too advanced then I'm also interested in Stoicism.

Attached: 1538234091525.png (1597x1600, 532K)

read zhuangzi

As a "philosophy of life" Stoicism is superior to Nietzsche's philosophy. You will be happier being a Stoic than by following Nietzsche. Nietzsche's advantage is that he is a pretty damn good writer.

Epictetus was a Greek. And the problems you face are the problems that their contemporaries faced.

read Cioran

Read The Gay Science

read buddhism and/or take psychedelics.

Philosophy can't help you.

The Rainbow by DH Lawrence
The Wanderer by Knut Hamsun

Hey, its 3-for-free

Unironically download the Sam harris meditation app. Mindfulness will help you tremendously and straight away. Philosophy is for smart people who have spent years pursuing it. You are a psued who needs instant gratification.

Attached: 1551950893915.jpg (803x1200, 214K)

>I'm feeling like shit and nothing is enjoyable anymore, maybe philosophy can help me.
B O E T H I U S