Dumb and potentially foolish question, but I figured I'd ask anyway, what do i need to read to become an intellectual?

dumb and potentially foolish question, but I figured I'd ask anyway, what do i need to read to become an intellectual?

Attached: 9780786121700-us.jpg (381x500, 35K)

You've already failed, brother

good books, and bad books

nothing in particular. Just read a broad range of different things. An intellectual is someone who can think about things from many different angles.

The Trivium

King James Bible

Philosophy is always a good start

Attached: 07-44-27-1497637945304.jpg (2948x5020, 2.66M)

Is there a chart like this but for fiction?

Wow, that second chapter was a slog. All these references to the Garden of Eden left me wondering what the fuck everything has got to do with the second "rule" that served as the chapter name.
It feels like rambling - so many concepts, generalizations and theology.

Am I too dumb for this book?

Attached: 41xrGjLlM0L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 21K)

This.

seconded

Ah yes, this is the new edition to our Sixth form library. I was quite surprised to find it actually

I'm scared to read stuff like that, i don't want to get sucked into his cult of personality.

how weak is your mind that you're afraid to read something lel. If it's retarded then you will know it's retarded, just think about it

Agreed

Won't necessarily "make you an intellectual," but I find that Yea Forums's yearly top 100 is always a good bet. Read up on popular and classic philosophy and politics too, stuff like Mein Kampf, Das Kapital, The Nichomachean Ethics.

Attached: 716FD8ED-D63F-436E-9DD2-E388D2D60996.png (1013x2189, 3.91M)

Read Plato, Aristotle, The King James Bible, Aquinas, Dante, Shakespeare, Racine, Moliere, and Goethe and you will be an intellectual.

hilariously based
cringe — don't read bad books
It's been well proven that severely autistic children can think about things from a million different angles, but they're hardly intellectuals
nope
cringe
>philosophy chart
t. zoomer pleb
It's 2019 and you're on the internet — what do u think? Jesus
:^)
not this
dated
Were you quite surprised? Quite? Is it the new edition? To your library? Quite.
>scared to read
literally the worst type of person
based
well done for agreeing
>prescribing a Yea Forums chart to the intellectually ambitious
kys
unironically based

offtop. How do i know if i am realy am intellectual or just stupid fag who knows many things?
How do i escape from the white lies because i want people to tell me the true instead of being nice.

Attached: paulforhead.jpg (143x95, 3K)

lol the fact that you're posting on Yea Forums + are concerned about knowing whether or not you are intellectual JUST PROVES you are not and never will be an intellectual lmaaooo dumb fucking zoomer

This

OP, As long as you don't act like this, you're on the right track

FUck Yea Forums posting. Concerning About you being right and correcting is the most intellectual thing one can do

Pussy ass tits

read bad books to get a proper idea of what constitutes a good book, brainlet