Who else here /notgonnamakeit/?

Who else here /notgonnamakeit/?

>grew up poor
>graduated with a meme degree
>treated writing as primary ambition in life
>moved to a big city and became overworked, jaded, terrified of failure
>published a cringeworthy short story involving a self-absorbed, frustrated, pathetic incel which is now linked to my name forever on google
>suddenly have money to spare in my life for the first time
>feel too much of a sinister sellout to ever publish anything else
>just want life to go by very quickly

If you want to be a writer, please don't make the mistake I did and instead just pursue your art without letting money or fear corrupt your life.

Attached: zoomak.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Your short story could be considered "juvenilia", retrospective work which is considered not connected to your main work.

how much did you make from getting published?

>>feel too much of a sinister sellout to ever publish anything else

I've never understood this feeling. I'm a writer and a poet and I've never felt like a sellout or a fraud for wanting to be published, or wanting to be paid for my work. Samuel Johnson himself famously said, "Only a fool ever wrote for any reason but money."

Whats the short story?

At least you got published and made money out of it.
I'm doing nothing with my life, I feel like I am slowly rotting, 26 yo and already a ghost haunting four walls. I wish I had the guts to off myself, but I am too much of a pussy to go through and I don't want my relatives to feel any guilt.

I wish I was strong.

It's hard to be strong in this world mate. But please look after yourself.

>grew up poor
lame excuse
>meme degree
what was it?
for the first twenty five years of your life your primary ambition should be to READ
>moved to a big city
Which city? Could be a meme city
>became overworked, jaded, terrified of failure
cringe
>published a cringeworthy short story involving a self-absorbed, frustrated, pathetic incel which is now linked to my name forever on google
I'm guessing — since u post on Yea Forums and use words like 'meme degree' and 'incel' — that you self-published, an e-book or something
Also u do realise that rule no 1 of publishing your debut is to do so pseudonymously?? Jesus
>suddenly have money to spare
Irrelevant
Confirms suspicion that u self-published — self publishing is cringe and a scam
>just want life to by very quickly
cringe but don't kill yourself

>If you want to be a writer, please don't make the mistake I did and instead just pursue your art without letting money or fear corrupt your life
Based

You have to make it.

>grew up poor
same so much so I've never had my own room in my entire life even now in my college dorm never had a room to myself
>graduated with a meme degree
majoring in journalism and eng. lit
began reading seriously at 16-late
>moved to a big city and became overworked,jaded, terrified of failure
live in S. FL everyones pretentious and competetive
I have multiple published poems in a few literary journals but never any narrative, I have a rough draft im writing but it'll take me years to finish at this pace
>suddenly have money to spare in my life for the first time
still.broke
I have tons of stuff to publish but I am a very complacent and only have my self to blame for being narcissistic yet totally pessimistic
>just want life to go by very quickly
with ya their brother I feel it will get better soon

Attached: 1544245917321s.jpg (250x242, 9K)

>>grew up poor
>>graduated with a meme degree
Not as poor as you think,
>>moved to a big city and became overworked, jaded, terrified of failure
IF you were poor, how did you move?
Oh that's right, you weren't poor.

>>published a cringeworthy short story involving a self-absorbed, frustrated, pathetic incel which is now linked to my name forever on google
literally who cares, you got something published

>grew up poor
>graduated with a meme degree (STEM)
>overworked, jaded, terrified of failure
>never been published, probably never will be
>have decent money but enslaved to it and to afraid to quit my job to focus on writing
>rejected from MFA for second year in a row
>no end in sight

Attached: 29e.jpg (600x885, 36K)

you majored in stem what the fuck do you think their gonna do? how the fuck is an MFA board going to accept a stem major amongst history,english lit.,linguistics,philosophy,creative writing,art history etc etc. You have no one to blame but yourself you cucked out, you didn't follow your dreams why? because you were scared of being poor? living the neet life? possibly going broke and being a failure ? Well look now, you got a degree worth something in terms of success in society, but that success is nothing to you, you view your life as a failure what is it worth. Its hardly impossible nowadays to be a successful without such kind experience (seriously look at all modern successful writers, they have education up the ass or managed to get lucky through some bullshit in todays society).
bullshit look what you majored in you fucked up your life, you, no one else

Attached: [email protected] (1000x563, 127K)

too close to home bro.... too close

Attached: aSVjtu7.png (2400x2400, 225K)

Most sci-fi authors are STEMlords, and some of the best too: Artur c clark, isaac asimov etc

what have we done to deserve this?

Noone cares that your first work was an edgy incel novel. Stephen King wrote a fucked up novel titled Rage that inspired school shooting and no one bated an eye.

Attached: 220px-Ragebachman.jpg (220x332, 15K)

Stop pretending to help, zoomer

he says modern in his post.everyone you listed is dead

>Born on a Christian commune of 450 people
>develop OCD in primary school
>Super neurotic, constant panic attacks. Utter fear of hell
>Few happy years driving a forklift in a warehouse
>Don't believe in Yahweh anymore
>Drop out of community college
>Drift apart from girlfriend
>Major depression
>Alcoholic
>Thought I was a tranny for a year
>Nofuture.jpeg

Attached: DO84f6sX0AAbhkx.jpg (1489x1901, 322K)

>has a degree, is published, with money to spend
>">/not gonna make it/"
Fuck off you preening faggot, or post your book so we can buy it.

Please stop drinking user

This is the greatest comic ever made.

How many times are you going to post this thread and why do you give so much of a fuck?

You wrote a stupid story, no one will care. If someone brings it up just laugh and say "I don't know what I was thinking." Say you were trying to write the next Notes from Underground or something.

poor people don't go to college if you're american

>its all a long episode
were all gonna make it one day bros

Didn't know this was what I wanted until it was too late. 30 is fast approaching and I don't know what to do. Don't fall for the STEM meme, guys. If you wanna make money do business or some shit. I'm working alongside felons with nothing but a high school diploma and making more than if I was doing something directly related to my degree. If I wasn't married I'd drop everything to backpack and write my book and starve to death.

Attached: 1528131973207.jpg (500x350, 23K)

Stop with this meme. Books don't make money unless it's Game of Thrones or Harry Potter and those are exceptions. Most writers, including the most acclaimed one, are poor until they are old and then they die.

The best sci-fi authors are shit.

consider suicide

lower-middle class is considered poor to americans lmao
what a pathetic country.

hmm let me see

fuck blog posters

Attached: GS_0013.png (602x386, 240K)

cixin liu, neal stephenson

it's part of their winner mentality

Then your art probably sucks, self critique is the gateway to improvement. You have to beat yourself into shape to perform well. Worse than that, something must be competent before it can be great, how can you be sure your work is even average if you’ve always thought of yourself as extraordinary.

what is a meme city? which cities are not meme cities?

Berlin is the only non meme city

>Berlin
>not a meme
Move to a small town, only go to metropolitan areas to get one’s self published.

This is the makings of a great writer if ever I heard one.
You have so much material to go off of.