But that is how I have always lived. I had no wishes. A man over forty-four who can say that he never strove for honors...

>But that is how I have always lived. I had no wishes. A man over forty-four who can say that he never strove for honors, for women, for money!
Was he lying, Yea Forums?
>His happiest time was with Lou
>Lived on neetbux
>Was depressed af because nobody read him
What's the verdict here?

Attached: neetche.jpg (308x379, 16K)

Just read the man's work and stop obsessing over his life. What's with this modern American obsession about the caring abour the author's/artist's life? He's not the fucking Messiah.

For myself, im not as concerned if the man was ever guilty of hypocrisy. This is how I’m living now.

>But that is how I have always lived. I had no wishes. A man over forty-four who can say that he never strove for honors, for women, for money!

What is his beef with Epicureans, when their main thing was "never caring about honors, for women, for money"? Didn't he call them life denying for never caring about those things?

"They want simply one thing most of all: that no one hurt them ... that, however, is cowardice, though it be called virtue"

>Was he lying, Yea Forums?
Man don't even read that book if you're concerned about whether he's lying

fucking pedestrian

I've read it, it's a quote from the book

Of course it's not a fact as we understand autobiographies are to be facts

If you're reading it at that level just put the book away and have a go at something else

>Of course it's not a fact
no shit, it's still a funny exaggeration to consider

a lot of the sentences in his last works genuinely make me laugh

Why would he lie about that.

Actually, im glad you posted that, because now i relate to him even more. I have always been a drifting moron without purpose

Don't take anything in Ecce Homo at face value.

What do you do for a living

Sucks dicks for $10 a pop while "she" tries to get her shitposting career off the ground.

god he was such a cringy fag

cringe used to mean something different before slaves turned it to mean "obey social norms"

you cringe before the whip, you don't cringe before some onions groupthink approval

Cringe
Based

There's a difference between striving for something and then being a wanderer who picks up a fancy here and there and then drops it again because he must continue on his wandering path. If this post makes you cringe then you're a faggot.

I mean a lot of his ramblings are straight up hypocritical. You see it more often with women, praising them in a certain page, just to end up the next shitting on them and contradicting everything said before.
So it wouldnt really surprise me something like that to be true.
His works are all about shitposting and countershitposting himself right after.

>You see it more often with women, praising them in a certain page, just to end up the next shitting on them and contradicting everything said before.
How is that hypocritical or having a multifaceted opinion on something contradictory? Do you think everything is either 100% flawless or 100% flawed?

You shit on christfags for living under a ilusion and denying their true desires, while you, do the same. Lmao.

Attached: 1507164186676.gif (382x289, 1.99M)

No, im just saying that, many times he straight up contradicts what he was defeding for previously. In the literal logical sense, not ideological.

I've been reading his books for about 8 years and haven't found one of these contradictions yet. I'll keep reading and searching for them though.

Not previous user, but what order do you recommend them to read? Im only familiar with stirner since i've read his book.
Is beyond good and evil a good place to start?

Ad hominem attacks are the highest form of argument. Read Kierkegaard instead

>Just read the man's work and stop obsessing over his life. What's with this modern American obsession
Nietzsche's go to in any critique is literally talking about the man's biography

have you tried dmt

there's loads of them. for instance he would say I am not a stoic, then somewhere else he'd say I am the last of the Stoics

esp. in Zarathustra, Ecce Homo, Twilight of the Idols there is a very playful dealing with truth/lies/belief/unbelief/wisdom/folly

it doesn't matter though, people who are bothered with paradox shouldn't ever read the Buddhist texts for example