Be one of the greatest writers alive

>be one of the greatest writers alive
>/polit/ hates you because of your ethnicity

Attached: joshua-cohen071814_037large-colour.jpg (1200x1800, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Book-Numbers-Novel-Joshua-Cohen-ebook/product-reviews/B00O6V69RW/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is he, zog? Nog? Frog? Clogs? Tagalog?

Po is a very nice board, I'm sure they're too busy folding cranes to hate anyone. Lit just hates all of humanity indiscriminately on principle.

Britbog? Portog? Spog? Ching-chog?

this is still one of my favorite images

Attached: download (2).png (254x198, 9K)

There is no happiness without ordering your thousand cranes from large to small.

I tried to read some of his work and thought it was dreck

What's his best?

Book of Numbers

Current JC fanboy (pretty sure ive read all of his stuff- interviews includes- online) whose read BoN, Moving Kings, and Four Messages. He’s definately a great writer, but by no means the greatest (or really even THAT good, by the standards of past decades). Right night, he’s geared up to fall short of someone like Bellow or Malmud (who go unread by most today). I think this is mostly because of the direct influence of those two as well as someone like Phillip Roth, who Cohen thinks is basically as high-caliber as an author can be in an age of decline for the novel and for article-writing novelists. JC is basically just a traditional novelist and has REALLY gotten comfy in that role now. I worry that his early pomo-tier ambition is stunted by a diminishe readership and that ultimately he’ll just stop pushing against the challenges facing the novel in the digital age. Tbh he’s only gotten more fatalist, or so it seems in his Attention writings, and I just hope he doesn’t give up. He started off so close to the bloomer-lit-nerd-smart-guy archetype I really thought he could turn it around, but the doomer/pseudo-paranoid-rabbinic trappings of the “smart guy novelist” seem to have fucked him up a bit and left him repetitive, which risks the banal, etc.

I don't hate Jews, but Jews hate me.

Daily reminder.

Attached: pepefatherson.jpg (708x584, 65K)

>be a writer
>some people exist that don't like your work
The absolute state of literature in the current year!

but also iirc he has rarely been dismissed for his jooness. anyone who remotely knows anything about him knows he’d be a joo furthest from the heresiarchs or whatever, he’s a good american working class writer, intelligent, etc. ive only ever seen him dismissed on the grounds of sort of resembling DFWs (writing and approach wise) and/or hyping his own shit on this site (which i doubt he does because he’s pretty anti-internet), which mostly comes from his generational association/proximity in age to writers like Tao Lin (who JC met at a party once and made fun of).

>Book of Numbers

I tried and hated it. Stopped after 40 pages. Should I revisit?

Just looked it up on Amazon and it has more 1 star reviews than anything else:

amazon.com/Book-Numbers-Novel-Joshua-Cohen-ebook/product-reviews/B00O6V69RW/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

*Jewish Tao Lin blocks your path*

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 8K)

I mean Harold Bloom considers it to be among the four best jewish american books ever, so there’s that. I found it to be more accessible than Witz. Moving Kings is a quick cozy read if that’s what you need. His short story, Emission, is solid.

jews are terrible at literature. every single book written by a jew is a thinly veiled allegory for their psychological hang ups and perverse fetish for shiksas.

The true art of the jew is cinema (kubrick, polanski, Spielberg, allen, etc)

The best western literary writers have always been white christian males

Attached: axl rose.jpg (750x500, 346K)

Literally who? He looks like a sodomite

Jewish Americans have contributed very little to American literature despite using the media as their personal PR firm and constantly awarding themselves prestigious prizes and jobs. Saul Bellow is probably the best, but of course he comes nowhere near the level of Melville or Poe or Dickinson. Philip Roth is alright but certainly not a genius, Norman Mailer is an abject mediocrity, Issac Singer is one of the dullest writers I've ever read, and modern Jewish American aristocrats like Cohen and Chabon and Foer are so bad they're not even worth mentioning.

The only two Jewish writers I really like are Salinger and Gertrude Stein.

Contrary to their opinion of themselves, Jews are not great storytellers. Maybe this is exactly why they're bad storytellers though, because like all bad storytellers, Jews truly believe they are great storytellers. They are incredibly self-interested and parochial and long-winded blowhards; their stories have more in common with half-senile old people recounting trips to the post office than real honest to God entertainment. In movies they're able to mask this relatively well through visceral photographic images and celebrity special effects, but in literature they're very weak. I'm not impressed with their writing at all

Thanks. I'll give it another go. I was excited when it came out but felt it didn't live up to the hype. There are better books about the Internet.

Christians are Jews

This is true, but it comes with the caveat that Jews are not Jews

What other books about the internet have you read? I’m looking for something along the same lines. I know Bleeding Edge.

The Hebrew Bible is the biggest opposition to your statement, not to mention Kafka, Nathan West, and Babel. Now if you mean American Jews in particular, I mean, sure, most everything American Jews can say has been parodied in a Woody Allen movie. I’m sure there’s an interesting critical conversation there. But, look, dude, when you start using “Jews” to simultaneously decry a bunch of writers at once, I stop giving a fuck about what you have to say. Because then it sounds like you’re barking up some genealogical critique that just isnt as coherent for Jews, let alone American Jews, as you’d want it to be.

He means Jewish Americans, retard. Get into context.

>who is nathan west
Go fuck yourself asshole. Obviously I acknowledge that possibility in the comment.