Didn't know where else to ask, so here I am:

Didn't know where else to ask, so here I am:
Are we (once again) headed towards a linguistic system based on images and symbols as opposed to words?

Attached: emojis.png (1120x584, 574K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x10Ij0LJTzE
youtu.be/8qrriKcwvlY
youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, we're headed towards a linguistic system where the average person is functionally illiterate because they won't need to read.

You mean like most of human history?

Yes, but in reverse, due to technology rather than lack of it.

The image as symbol has never really gone away, so there is no “once again”.
And no, we will not slide back into hypoglycemics
Though, it would not be such a bad thing to convey our stories through our speech.
This may actually be the next-next big thing, once computers go screenless AI

No not at all and this meme needs to fuck off immediately

Why do cunts keep trying to wank themselves off over this bullshit, no, language and grammar is uniquely complex and useful and will never be replaced by pictographs which it has constantly existed alongside with for all of time

This is just one of those le wrong generation reddit fucking boondoggles people jump on to try and imagine a way they're better than normies

Emojis are fine and they're not changing anything. Get a job you useless faggot

Make what jokes you want, but pic related is a clear example: an image of a donut with zero accompanying text is next.
Sounds about right.

Attached: dunkin_logo_before_after.png (2000x832, 51K)

Attached: b6d7a9f8368c0b87a38bf993b490e307.jpg (200x200, 4K)

:D:D

You're a fucking retard, this is the equivalent of looking at a drawn cross and saying YEP LOOKS LIKE WE GOING BACK TO HEIROGLYPHS, no people have understood symbols for all of time and always will

Jesus Christ please neck yourself today if you really truly believe this is anything more than an extension of the basic ability for a mind to associate shapes and colours with a predetermined meaning, it's the foundation of all writing and you are not any kind of smart for having noticed that it has a place in modern pop culture, you are not any kind of better for not engaging with it

God this is the most midwit fucking meme I have ever encountered and people just will not put it to bed

Attached: idiocracy_buttfuckers.jpg (410x224, 42K)

Have you texted with a young person? Ever?

They replace a significant portion of their thoughts with shit like 4 crying emojis in a row.

Those emojis aren't add-ons. In many cases they are replacing more articulate expression.

mood

Are you seriously so autistic that you can't figure out what that means or why it may be more appropriate than the prose you seem to be demanding you? Do you genuinely think you know better than that person what, in four presses of a button, would establish their thoughts and feelings better?

You are literally retarded. There is nothing wrong with emojis, you are the fucking idiot in this scenario

>There is nothing wrong with emojis
Zoomer detected. You have to be 18+ to be on 4channel, kys and come back in a few years.

They are texting and reading their facebook feed 8 hours per day.

Have you? Emojis contextualise a statement, they don’t replace the statement. If I say ‘oh god ’ then that means I’m sad, if I say ‘oh god ’ that means I’m happy. Emojis have become a tool to efficiently manifest emotional context in written words, you’re just a massive retard for not picking up on that.

That other user calling everyone retards is absolutely correct. You’re the same people who thought txt sp34k would lead to the burning of dictionaries and the sky falling in on itself.

there were sad and laughing emojis after each of those ‘oh gods’, just imagine them

>Typing like this while acusing others of being underaged

Attached: 601.jpg (657x527, 32K)

Actually they literally are add ons, they're supplementary
There's no coherent conversation that could be had over text that is entirely in emojis. Not to mention, texting/ social media posts are not the only form of written communication people regularly engage in.

this, based

People are actually defending emojis.
Fucking reddit zoomer invasion.

Attached: the_summoning_by_frank_walls-d9b94a42.jpg (540x400, 235K)

Not an argument, pseud

Good reminder of the cause of emojiland.

Attached: CapitalIsColumn.jpg (1660x1105, 455K)

>slide back into hypoglycemics
What do you mean? Failed diabetes metaphor or what?

How old are you?

Wow, you got me. I'll start using emojis now to undo my pseudness.

Very funny, r/lewronggeneration

You don’t have to use emojis, just don’t spout off about how they’re a symbol of the death of language or some other nonsense. You just make yourself look a fool.

Very funny, r/lerightgeneration
youtu.be/x10Ij0LJTzE

Because they're obviously a blooming of language.

Attached: 1544886196354.jpg (1100x733, 119K)

Does language have to be ‘blooming’ to be valid? What’s your definition of language ‘blooming’?

>What’s your definition

Attached: 1538266839306.jpg (471x304, 12K)

>blooming of language
Spook’d autist. Language can’t bloom. It only conforms to its usage. There’s no such as thing as progress. You would’ve been complaining about the same shit 600, or 400 or 200 years ago. Well, that’s if you had acess tl literature and were literate which statically you wouldn’t’ve.

>let's continue this line of thought

Attached: Mind.jpg (1366x768, 177K)

>Neolanguage arrives from the syntax future
Jesus Christ, fucking zoomers.

Not arguments. I don’t disagree that emoji isn’t the most beautiful language, but I don’t understand what you mean by ‘blooming’. is right in that you’re invoking this fallacious ‘golden age’ idea of language as having been once great, but now degrading. For centuries, English itself was seen as rough and common, the language of the poor - would you rather we all started speaking French and Latin (are those languages ‘blooming’ enough for you?)?

>t.
>everything's gonna be alright
youtu.be/8qrriKcwvlY

Attached: 2032.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Nice strawman, loser. Do you feel proud literally coming up with shit in order to reply.

Same

Nice appeal to Same

Ironic post, the video is mocking people like you

What’s going to be alright? Language? Why do you care what happens to language? It doesnt belong to you, it’s not yours. If people decided to speak in emojis, who cares? You don’t speak the same english as your ancestors.

I typed HEIROGLYPHS but it spellchecked to that

Imagine being this stupid.

Being this new.
youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU

accurate and underrated.

>reddit calling others reddit
Why are zoomers like this?

Samefag.

Nope.

Good. People with the intellectual capacity to read classical literature will be as gods to them

You realise that calling people zoomers isn’t an argument, yeah?

It obviously is, and a good one.

I think a better argument would be: you’re an faggot.

Imagine trying this hard to fit in.

Imagine trying this hard to fit in.

Stop considering language a "tool". Language is, partially what Burroughs claimed in his later writing, a virus. It is something in-itself working towards itself. It is an entity of its own. It cannot be controlled. This so-called "devolution" of language as it appears to us pseudy "men of letters" is actually its next developmental stage. I repeat: You do not own language, it is not a tool. It is an entity.
This development of language towards something we pseudy "men of letters" do not like is simply symptomatic of our current times. It represents the fact that we are starting to function based on buzzwords, slogans and logo recognition, i.e. we ourselves are moving towards our own next developmental stage, as degenerate as it may look like.
Instead of wailing over this degeneracy of language on the one hand, or its hypersimplisticfunctionality on the other hand, maybe we as humans should reconsider our relationship with language. Instead of insisting on this delusion that people are corrupting our tool or whatever, maybe focus on an independent future and evolution of mankind in which language actually starts to bend in the way we want it too in order for it to survive.

Attached: CapitalIsNEETchuh.jpg (1625x1106, 485K)

>nazbol boomer
go back to your facebook meme page

>guys, guys, some adhd zoomers who failed out of high school because they couldn't stop playing fortnight are totally going to define the future of linguistics
About so much as ebonics has replaced English and pidgin is a valid language.
How to Train your Zoomer:
>if they use an emoji, do not respond to their message for one day
>if they do not use an emoji, respond promptly
>do not tell them what you are doing
>they will not be consciously aware of the pattern nor that you are purposely training them like pavlov's dogs
>however, like the dog, it will learn to modify its behavior in order to receive the prize--attention
>repeat until your zoomer is no longer a homosexual
I train everyone I message with this way and they've all improved greatly. Most have gone from 50%+ emoji usage to less than 10%.

What a philanthropist.

It’s called fortnite old man

cringe

Based.

>DON'T WORRY GUYS
>IT'S NOT A DEGRADATION AT ALL
>JUST A NORMAL PROCESS
>OF ENLIGHTENMENT
>AND ASCENDANCE

Attached: 1511663031210.png (1033x793, 1.19M)

did you mean full-on rapist

>letting gay plebs live rent free in your head
chill dude

Isn’t it more like a freeze-frame of a face you might make if you were excited?

I doubt that.