Is unhappiness addictive?

is unhappiness addictive?

Attached: wain.jpg (885x961, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G5x1F9ohRa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This picture destroys my soul

Yes.

Attached: download (1).jpg (1200x1660, 561K)

I don't know if unhappiness is addictive, but many habits and thought patterns that create unhappiness are addicting. So in a way possibly yes. This had been my experience at least.

See /pol/

I'm only happy when it rains

I'm only happy when I'm constipated

Even though I haven't masturbated

Read Lacan

Not addictive; low risk.

Want an IRL waifu? Marry.
Want to write an epic m/s? Two hours a day, no pay.
Want to be a world changer? Powerful people will hate you.

All happiness involves the risk of getting crushed.

All bravery is virtue triumphant in its trial.

?

Yes. The more depressing Yea Forums I read the more I want to read depressing Yea Forums, and the more I wallow in my own misery the more I go about polluting and defeating my own successes to secure more misery.

dude, just stop. Seriously. It may seemed cool when you were and edgy teen, but not anymore

Attached: Karl-Popper.jpg (800x450, 62K)

fear of edginess is itself edginess
go back to 2007 Yea Forums

I too enjoy the occasional misery wallow but it has to be earned. Sabotaging yourself so you can feel bad misses the true depths of despair that you get from doing everything correctly and still getting boned. On some level you know it's not true failure, and this is why a lot of /r9k/ types get rightfully vilified, because they never tried hard enough to deserve their misery, whereas if Keeanu Reeves were to shut himself away for the rest of his life I don't think anyone would fault him too much.

they should rename this board, /r9k/ posters that sometimes pick up books but never finish them

Attached: 1344141377215.png (302x361, 228K)

Yes, user, that is a lovely idea but you have to understand that life is harsh and tragic as one of us dysgenic rejects.

Attached: Louis-Wain-Cats-louis-wain-29587725-519-640.jpg (519x640, 114K)

starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=G5x1F9ohRa4

Bostrom(2017): the reason happiness is prevalent among humans is that cheerful mood served a signaling function in the environment of evolutionary adaptedness. Conveying the impression to other members of the social group of being in flourishing condition has boosted individual's popularity. A bias toward cheerfulness thus have been selected to for by sexual selection.

why?

Different user but I think it has this effect on us because it is so naively happy and joyous of life and has no idea of the misery some of the more unfortunate of us have had to endure which makes us feel bad because we are in a miserabke existential despair while it is just innocently enjoying life.

Attached: louis-wain-cat-print-first-world-war-tommy-in-a-trench-ww1-kithara-studio.jpg (496x799, 181K)

people who are unhappy, want to be unhappy.