Well you're pontificating

Well you're pontificating...

Attached: disgustedfosterwallace.jpg (654x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGLzWdT7vGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone else think the cameraman was nervous and tried to use word he didn't understand? I think he was trying to say gesturing and didn't know pontificating has a negative connotation. either way I love David and I hope he wasn't too sad about it.

why is Infinite Jest so absurdly comfy?

can you please link the video and timestamp so i can see this directly

I imagine it'd have been when it came out.
Nowadays, though, it's kinda tragic.

I'll take babby's first authors for upper-middle class white-passing kids for $1600, Alex.

So who's the $2000 clue?

youtube.com/watch?v=iGLzWdT7vGc

10:00

makes me sad everytime bros

Attached: Untitled.png (804x767, 1.14M)

>this book is a tome

Attached: 1497199504243.jpg (236x205, 9K)

I interpreted it as two betas fighting/posturing over the cutie-pie reporter

anyone else on ssris notice their facial expressions are also exaggerated?

>Make strange, grotesque facial expressions in conversation
>Later commit suicide

I would bet an infinite amount of money that you could find a pretty strong correlation here.

>Alex
Now there’s tragic

Attached: C110FEFC-1FBC-44BA-A030-3AB1EF22D0EE.jpg (770x511, 104K)

can someone please explain the popularity of infinite jest on here without using vague terms? ive never read it and i still dont understand what it is

Definitely, he must've felt really embarrassed after this

fuck this lame ass pussiboi faggot

its a big book for you

I really wish he was alive. I love hearing him speak and reading his essays and would love to hear his thoughts on current social media culture.

what's the deal with the 'And But So', 'So And Then' stuff in Infinite Jest - I've read that its part of the conversational tone of the book don't think I've ever heard anybody say things like this, but i'm not American.

Is it a mid-western thing or something?

>I'm sorry

:(

I took it to represent more a state of mind, a sort of hesitant and urgent train of thought being corrected even as it forms. It's pre-verbal almost, just quickly tying together concepts