I just got blood meridian, what i am in for?

I just got blood meridian, what i am in for?

Attached: 5187LPGYDQL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (324x499, 36K)

A slog

A poem
A sermon
Some dead Mexicans
Some dead Indians
The judge
The devil
Plot twist
And the devil

>what am i in for?

all you anons who post this, why don't you just read the book and find out for yourself?

It's so they don't have to actually read the book and can pretend they have

AH
H

A lot of leaning and spitting. Get through the first 6 chapters. I got the the same paperback edition in your pic, kinda regret not getting the Picador edition.

Attached: HeLeanedAndSpat.jpg (1079x1230, 462K)

I have the Picador Edition and find the skull to be ugly

Attached: 1552213618215.jpg (590x751, 75K)

I don't know, I find McCarthy's book covers pretty boring, but then again it's all about the content of the book. It would've looked great with my No Country For Old Men

Corncob's pseud shite.

The judge kills the protagonist at the end in an outhouse

Or does the protagonist adapt the Judge's principles and savagely desecrate the prostitute in the outhouse?

Hard but rewarding experience. Easily the best novel I read so far this year. Hope you have a strong stomach though

no

A good book with some challenging subject matter for a lot of people. Kinda funny if you're receptive to that kind of thing. You're in for what you specifically are in for, really. Same as any novel or other piece of art

damn, good counter point, I guess you're right

fuck off retard

No thanks

if the protagonist is the judge accepting himself and the kid is a prostitute for whatever convenient ideology ambles along, then yes.

also toadvine was actually the kids father and the Judge and Glaton were the same person and Black Jackson and Jackson were gay lovers in the mountains which is why Black Jackson was so upset he was rebuked. the Judge threw the pupies the river styx and the fortune teller was Glatons (The Judges) daughter but they don't aknowledge that because the juggler is actually the reincarnation of Jesus looking for the Devil (aka Glanton (aka the Judge (remember the coin trick in the desert?)). also when the man kills the boy he becomes the boy. this is why the man can be raped by The Judge who only rapes boys between 8-12. at the end (remember was the Judge who disguised himself as the midget prositiute) when the Judge becomes the Kid in outhouse while raping the kid the man escapes as the judge leaving the old kid (now the boy) left behind as Glanton in the Jakes. the man who says don't go in there represents the conquest of the sioux indians.

I stand by it, this is the highest quality interpretation I've ever read

it's a good book

Attached: 1547167997535.png (1600x900, 348K)

>that hat cost him $100
>it's a seller's market
anybody else absolutely lose their shit laughing for this part?

yes

>“Kills”

Not even close you troglodyte.

also OP fuck you for making this thread just read the book dipshit.

None of this is accurate.

did you even read it?

>Plot twist
I don't remember any real 'twist.' What part is that referring to?

The part where the kid inexplicably becomes a nice person after all the bad people around him die
the twist is that he had no free will and was simply a mirror of the people around him, and when the mirror became too caked in blood to reflect the world, his own nature emerged, which was essentially mild and kind

yeah that wasn't a twist that was just shit writing on corncob's part.

when did the kid become a nice person?

Shit writing? I thought that was, like, a huge point of the book - how easy it is to be corrupted.

after the gang gets killed and the kid is crying over that dead old lady in the desert at the end of the book.

i'm not spoilering this shit because anyone who reads this shit for the plot is a retard.

EDIT: ok I'l spoiler it

when he talks to that lady then realizes its a dried up corpse? I don't remember him crying in that scene

I took the dead lady to mean that his pretensions of being a good person came too late, the chance to save the lady had already passed, there would be no redemption for the kid/man.

That's why he rapes the midget in the jakes.

Very descriptive violence in an eloquent manner. Also, The Judge .

retard

You're in for a lot of going back to rereading entire passages because what you just read was art. Also, because you just got distracted and asked yourself, "wtf did I just read?"

Don't cheat yourself by not paying attention to every single word you read.

Attached: judge the apocalypse.jpg (1100x619, 109K)

Attached: IMG_20190209_111902.jpg (3024x2857, 1.68M)

>You can't be all american. It's like being all mongrel.
Is the Judge posting with us even now?

Attached: 56.png (346x341, 110K)

>Be on /literature/ board
>Complain because someone wanna discuss about a novel

Attached: 1550333054670.png (275x355, 113K)

Was this written by a child?

I dunno, you'll probably leave it on your shelf for 5 years.

>the judge killed and raped and murdered another indian and then he found another and shoved a cholla up his anus and then the judge squatted and spat and shat

MY NAME IS JUDGE

Attached: thPN7DCY3X.jpg (474x266, 14K)

The judge was a nephilim. Fallen angel human woman hybrid.

Haemoglobin and metaphorical lines that bisect certain things.

>be on /literature/ board
>can't write a grammatically correct greentext

then they can discuss it after they've read it

but you can't discuss it until you actually read it you fuckwit