Why are modern writers so cringe. Maybe if they wrote a good book we'd actually read it :^)

Why are modern writers so cringe. Maybe if they wrote a good book we'd actually read it :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20190310-191258~2.png (1080x1443, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cuckedsweden.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/cucked-sweden-fucked-sweden/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh god, not only they are dead, but WHITE too!
What injustice! Call the New York Times!
Send a telegram to the Berliner Allgemeine!
Write to The Times!
Oh Lord, what world we are living in!

There's something about an author's name carrying their work instead of the work being "good" in-itself, such as with Stephen King. Write something of worth and the publisher will make space for you on the shelves.

Well maybe you should try writing something other than genre fiction in a genre that is literally 100% derivative of Tolkien and has been bankrupt of ideas since he died

She's not wrong, however 100% of modern writers are shit and are not worth reading. Daily reminder to read old dead white men because they were the only ones with something of value to write down

One of the replies had this picture. What sort of double digit IQ retard reads a book and then doesn’t remember the title?

Attached: 5B7D1D94-616F-4C20-A638-ED5510F36EC2.jpg (952x714, 257K)

How much of a narcissist do you have to be to think you deserve the same treatment as Tolkein?

Attached: 1452998307949.jpg (940x771, 103K)

If the industry is only promoting dead people, why doesn't she just kill herself?

Attached: I don't know a.jpg (348x447, 113K)

Lads, don’t bother getting angry about this. Just smile, and then move on, as you would if a demented homeless person tried talking to you.

>modern writers
you mean /sffg/ surely.

she should stick to the chinese market

>Spend decades helping Jews destroy literary theory and undermine the industry
>W-w-why do people keep going back to a time before Jews destroyed literature huu huuu read my transgenderfaggotqueer furry fiction huu huu!

This is sort of like a woman complaining that she can't find a good man when she's 40.

MODS
MOOODS
/pol/ IS LEAKING
MOOODS

1: I'm right. Stay mad.
2: Fuck niggers and fuck jannies.

Attached: Huey Long.jpg (1176x898, 134K)

I mean she kinda has a point desu. It's kinda frustrating if you think about it. You might not like modern authors but there are still talented ones out there and some who could possibly further the genre however how are they going to if gatekeepers like you clutch on to this idea that only classics must be read. *Mind you the reason why you think this way is because the classics are reputable and therefore appear to make you smarter. You know you aren't going to get that clout by reading newer novels. You'd rather name drop Dostoevsky like he's some underground artist you found whilst he got namedropped in Justice fuckin League of all movies

Attached: 1551798719964.gif (695x392, 2.24M)

Bitch is ignoring all the books around Tolkien.

>woman
>non-white
what did you expect?

>Fuck niggers and fuck jannies.
Based and redpilled

Based and redpilled.
Cringe and bluepilled.

In all seriousness, is right that a ton of modern literature is driven by identity politics.

Writers have always had to break through to reach the mainstream, if anything the advent of self-publishing has made this easier than ever. If you can’t get noticed in the age of the internet then you’re just an idiot or fundamentally untalented.

You're carefully ignoring the fact that time is the ultimate test of value. If people are praising your work several decades after your death then you did something right.

Let's use this opportunity to recommend less popular fantasy books.
If any of you can read spanish, I highly recommend La Saga de Los Confines by Liliana Bodoc.

Attached: images (77).jpg (872x352, 43K)

I sympathize with her, but different reasons than muh dead white men.

This

Attached: 1475968705552.png (300x250, 17K)

Was it autism?

Attached: N0GbgUB.jpg (1586x808, 76K)

Why are lazy and unoriginal writers who rehash (what were once original ideas and now tropes) their D&D campaigns/fanfictions so entitled?

>try to support a local bookshop instead of the Bookmart Megaplex
>find the book I'm looking for
>place it down on the counter
>cashier scans it calmly, everything seems normal
>apparently the scan sends a signal to the back
>standing around, ask why no price came up
>"just one moment, sir"
>person speeds in from the back on rollerskates
>slaps down a "similar" book by a contemporary female ethnic author
>cashier scans that
>"that'll be $15.97"
>person on skates already left with the book I wanted
>don't really want this new book but pay anyway
>forget it on the bus because I was too busy phoneposting
>post didn't even go through because the IP range is blocked
>fail out of college because I needed the book for a course on why the author is racist

Retarded pasta unless you live in pozzland oregon or san fracsAIDSco.

Or maybe it's a joke

Isn't she Argie?

DING

It’s not so much that. Shelf space is finite. 3.5 shelves for Tolkien is close to an entire shelf per book. They’re good but they don’t need that much publicity and they certainly don’t move fast enough to warrant needing keeping that much stock out.

Attached: No.png (639x292, 33K)

I know it's a joke but it's too on the nose and retarded as a result. Don't even disagree with the "message", just think the author's a r*ddit-tier queer regardless.

"Her" website
>I get to take my readers on a journey into falling in love and factually based BDSM experiences. How great is that? I think it’s pretty amazing. (Especially ’cause I don’t have to leave the house to do it.)
>I’m pansexual, demisexual, gray-aromantic, kinky and speak sarcasm as a second language. I’m mixed race, autistic and an introvert. I passionately advocate for diversity and I always will. My stories too, they’re always going to be diverse.

Attached: No2.png (334x471, 152K)

Tolkien shouldn't even be in the same category as fantasy writers

I thought about it.
Same is about vydia games, about films

Holy shit, that fucking cringe

Yes, they're tards who don't hold a candle to him, but honestly Tolkien is middlebrow-tier at best himself.

Then who is highbrow tier?

Internet is a curse. It keeps reminding me that these kind of people actually exist.

Attached: 5f21bdca.jpg (633x758, 232K)

Jordon is responsible for the development of my fetishes.

>I love LoTR but it's actually terrible.
Why won't this cunt just admit she doesn't like Tolkien? Oh wait, let me guess, she has shamelessly ripped him off despite disliking him?

Being in America must be fucking insane.

I can't really think of a parallel to what Tolkien was trying to do. It's not really literary fiction

She has a point, but she unironically doesn't get it. Literature is dying because people rely on old stuff. I say die, but that's wrong. It will become just like classical music. A bunch of dead people being executed again and again and again and the new shit being cringy and bluepilled.

>Implying this is just an American problem
Have you heard of Sweden, Germany, Canada?

Jokes are supposed to be funny so I don’t think that’s right.

Man imagine actually reading books by dead guys. Can you imagine? Ha! What a crazy idea. Imagine being naive/stupid/reactionary enough to BUY a book by a dead guy. Imagine having a single book in your house written before 1975. LOL

That image clearly says xie is in Canada.

I've heard of them but I haven't seen autism to this degree come from them. It's fairly obvious it's mostly your continent that does shit.

This is the kind of shit that makes me grateful for Peterson and other alt-right spergs for at least spreading basic grounding in reality. Making serious money off of art is a winner-takes-all propilosition. Especially literature of all things. Most people flat-out stop reading after college.

Great, yet another privileged white author.

You really overestimate how progressive those countries actually are concerning things like trans people. The largest hospital in Scandinavia/Sweden has stopped performing those surgeries at all over various concerns. Pretty sure transexuals still need to be sterilised before they can get hormone treatment too.

My man...you don't understand the USA. I don't expect you to be able to but think about it like this: in the USA, the types of people in the pic are CLEARLY on the spectrum or suffering in some way that makes us all aware that he/she is abnormal and cannot be reasoned with. Chris-chan is another good example. Very few people in his day to day life likely try to correct or help Chris because it's clear to everyone that reasoning will not accomplish anything. We simply allow him do what he pleases so long as he doesn't hurt anyone. As such, we can label these sorts of things as simply 'autistic behavior' and do not need to engage with them on any meaningful level. In Europe and Canada however, you see these behaviors unironically exhibited by those who are not noticeably autistic. The society reacts by engaging with these ideas and tastes seriously. It gives off the impression that many otherwise sound-of-mind euros and canadians literally want to be autistic Americans. It is difficult for your average American to even have a discussion with most Euros or Canadians on 'important' issues (i.e. gun rights or rights in general) because the norm in Europe has been so shifted by these opinions that in America are simply written off as 'autistic'.

You will never convince the Americans on this site that any problem they have is not worse somewhere else. Even if it is undeniably worse it's because they were influenced by those debauched Europeans.

Luck, fickle bitch, smiled on me in that moment as his scalding blood bathed my fist. The sound didn’t carry the ten feet to the others. Nor did the scrape of leather against steel as I pulled his RZ-10. I’ve always had a gift for weapons, a benefit in my trade.

I checked the clip, full, and he carried it hot, a round in the chamber. Idiot.

I smiled happily, thought about playing with them and decided not to.

The trigger bit into my finger on the first hard squeeze, easier after that. At ten feet, my aim is close to perfect. Pink-gray brain matter splattered over silvered sands, the crack-crack-crack of my vengeance echoed off the pine forest skirting the beach, and the bellowing cries of seals marked my freedom.

>Pink-gray brain matter splattered over silvered sands, the crack-crack-crack of my vengeance echoed off the pine forest skirting the beach

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Who would actually read a book by “Fonda Lee”?

I just puked, and that was only after seeing her face. Too afraid to read her bio

She is clearly an insane person.

Attached: ass sex.png (637x766, 65K)

or lazy

How is LoTR racist? They're made up groups!

Oh Canada!

Why are James Pattersons books everywhere? No offence because I used to read a lot of his shit when I was younger but he's really not that great of a writer.

Mervyn Peake

Literature is dying because the gatekeepers have gone full-throttle with SJW politicizing when they're not in nepotism mode. And because they promote easy-to-sell High Concept premise even when the writing is utter shit.

Fuck I wanted to make this post.

>xie/xem/xyr/mx
is she speaking in tongues?

this

Someone link her to that Jaden Smith tweet, “Are bookshelves full of one author that way because they sell ore of them or hey don’t?” Or something like that

A fantasy author, G.R.R, already made moves in the fantasy scene, and he did it by writing books people found interesting, to quote Yea Forums, "git gud"

I agree with her but for a different reason.
I don't have a problem with the "dead guys" taking space in the shelf, but I hate how some types of book monopolize it. I used to visit a book store and the books they would try to push (and show) were video game stories like Assassin's Creed, biographies, self-help, religious and Tolkien or the fantasy fad of the month.
I remember how I had to call the saleswoman to find one copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude and it was in the second floor hidden behind a giant pile of something else.
Conrad, Turgenev, Bolaño, Sōseki, Borges or Cyro dos Anjos? I would never discover any of those without the chans.

tpbp

Oh God save us

Its probably for people that were recommended books or heard of them, seeing as this is either a bookstore or a library. Not for people that have already read the book

>Reading Modern Fantasy
Bruh look a this dude

she is naming each demon inside her

Literally every time a channel plays the trilogy somebody goes to buy the series, it's that good.

>Southern Ontario, Canada

I've come to realise that this kind of bizarre, self-obsessed "I am pansexual, X, Y, Z, etc." nonsense has a male counterpart; it's those lonely internet ideologues, who spend their lives jumping between different revolutionary political positions, and love vomiting a sea of facts about themselves and their unique snowflake ideology at you.

Because they have Twitter. Real writers don’t engage socially with the world. That’s why Pynchon and McCarthy (mostly) are so praised. I cringed watching McCarthy on Oprah, what was he thinking?

I guarantee you that a large book retailer knows exactly how quickly these books move, and allocates shelf space accordingly.

t. buttblasted xer

where are you from butterwings?

>I cringed watching McCarthy on Oprah, what was he thinking?
>I want money.

To be fair, Siri Hustvedt has dissociative seizures so the chances of her readers not remembering anything other than seeing red are pretty high.

I am not familiar with specific cases in Sweden, but I am with Germany and I know the attitude is equal if not worse than America.
If you don't mind, I would like a source for your claims.

Funny how crazies / snides all retweet each other and you immediately know it's them because they have their pronouns in the bio.

It seems that Twitter is a bait / pile-up platform that does mass banning, celeb endorsments and tranny rage. While not having any income, it's supposedly worth billions. Surely the strangest media orifice to ever spout shit onto the general public.

I mean look at this chink whore agenda.

1. Photograph a bookshelf
2. Voice a complaint and move the goalposts immediately
3. Cue in a dozen of her crazy followers
4. Few tards take the bait, more crazies pile-up
5. Several clickbait articles
6. Hope someone famous can take the bait and either oppose it or endorse it
7. Spotlight or Square One

Most Scandinavian countries closed all the loopholes they could in the 1930s-40s. Denmark already had the standard you have to come here with your balls detached to get anything done on paper by the time of Lili Elbe, which is why she had to go to Germany to get any surgeries. And pretty much the only reason they fixed her paperwork was to say that her marriage was invalid since no lesbian marriage. Not that user btw

>autistic
I actually forgive all the other bullshit knowing that they're mentally disabled. I just wish the mentally disabled would stop trying to change the world and vilifying those that don't rally behind them.

Fucking Ace and Ero, yet Kinky. WTF

cuckedsweden.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/cucked-sweden-fucked-sweden/

And a hundred years ago you'd have never found them at all. Life isn't so bad, quit complaining all the time and appreciate the fact that there are actually ways to communicate with the people who are like you now. There have always been and always will be plebs, the internet just gives them a voice. No use in being upset about it, but if we weren't there'd be no point in this board or this website I suppose

stop fucking teaching women to read jfc how long will this take to learn