Is medieval philosophy worth reading?

Is medieval philosophy worth reading?

Attached: Duccio_maesta1021.jpg (2029x1000, 760K)

Of course it is.

Start with Boethius

It's actually better than any piece of worthless shit written from the 17th century onward.

Tommy A expends thousands of pages and infinite mental effort to work out, would you believe it, Christianity was correct all along

This man speaks the truth

Starting with the Greeks and ending with the scholastics is the only way for pure knowledge

That only works if you're already convinced in the first place (you shouldn't be). When I started actually reading the Summa I was delighted to discover that no, it really isn't some formidable work of philosophy, but instead a lengthy book of stereo instructions.

>muh dying western culture LARPing maybe if I read Aristotle enough times the muslims will leave Europe

You have to go back

>>muh dying western culture LARPing maybe if I read Aristotle enough times the muslims will leave Europe
Based

Not capital.

Not sentient.

Only NeoChina knows the future.

Because it has arrived.

Attached: GABIDULL IZ ZENDIEND.jpg (171x266, 17K)

>it really isn't some formidable work of philosophy
It's quite funny in a way. 3000 pages of this:
>Is the answer to this question the standard Christian answer?
Ooh the tension is killing me
>it seems that it isnt
What a tweest
>on the other hand it seems it is
Ahh
>in conclusion, the answer to this question is the standard Christian answer
Thanks T-dog. Didn't see that coming

>Is medieval philosophy worth reading?
Maybe!

You made me cringe

It's merely an instance of the Perennial philosophy. If you're looking for actual Christianity, look somewhere else.

What a dumb post

That's the unpleasant truth, impinging itself upon your mind, making itself felt. Do you know that?

Low IQ: Reading aristotles and being mad at muslims
High IQ: Reading aristotles and becoming a muslim
Extreme IQ: Reading aristotles, becoming a Catholic to rejuvenate your culture, while respecting muslims because at least they're not atheists.

God-like IQ: Reading aristotles and realizing plato was a hundred times better and shifting to neoplatonism so you can understand the ultimate meaning of human nature and the true essence of universe

nous iq: realizing the neoplatonists as adopting the gnostic ideology and understanding that flesh is a prison, this earth is an incompetent parody, love through ego-dissolution is the answer to all physical problems, the being of being is not itself a being, all is one and reality is a language talking to itself about itself and metacognition aka a universal self-knowledge is the truth which resides in inner man

You get it.

blessed and faithpilled

>Dude, the QUESTIONS, that is way you should read Plato, bro
Have that memester ever say anything of substance or it was just him dragging the figure of Socrates out of his hubristic grave to make questions before poorly arguing for a point that was so bad he literally had to make another work where he admitted it was shit but just winked to the audience and said that he would figure something out?

Sorry sweetie, facts don't care about your feelings

K edgelord, stay stupid then

No. All Philosophy is garbage nonsense.
Science makes progress. Philosophy does not.

What is progress user?

His poopoo in the toilet before going to bed. Such a beautiful thing that our body can progress this way :')

>reading one of the Muslims favorite philosophers will make them leave

Here we go. Philosophy retards over analysing language.
1.No one gives a fuck.
2. You know what I mean.
3. Philosophy is just intellectual masturbation for people who are too retarded to understand mathematics and science.

Medieval Islamic philosophy > Medieval Christian philosophy

And then you put the wake up and realize you have no capital capacity to actually pursue ego-dissolution and you are too much of a weak willed faggot anyway that you will never be able to do it by yourself.

Literally anything including drinking and masturbating >>>>>> Philosophy

you can ONLY do it by yourself and it is completely irrelevant to all your surroundings and environment. it is only within you. you have the strength to detach. to evolve, expand, and "leave the nest" sort to speak. capital is irrelevant. christ negates your point by default as he had nothing and suffered more than anyone else. its all about strengthening the will itself, so by victimizing yourself to your own lack of will you are simply giving up. thats part of the journey, to build up the will. you Will be fine.

it's about even

>no one gives a fuck
No one? Does that include everyone here? If you assume they share your feeling completely do you believe in all guiding human intuition
>you know what I mean
So you do assume we share an intuition. Your idea of progress is therefore routed in dialectical materialism given that progress comes from a universal human thrist for utopia aided by science. But if this is the case why do so many civilizations revert to old ideas. Why did the Romans abandon democracy or the Persians legitimise slavery? And did science really help us? Wars are more deadly than ever before and our industrialization risks destroying the planet. Is this pursuit of knowledge regardless of consequence the ultimate goal of mankind? However without philosophy how can one decide an axiom to legitimise knowledge?

Averroes was a Christian without knowing it, no wonder he was read by the Christians while being rejected by the Muslims.

Yeah keep telling yourself that when literally to get to the point where you are right now and being to say the thing you say, you had gone through the helps of innumerable people, not counting those who wrote the stuffs you put into your head.
If people can truly ego-dissolution by themselves then no Buddhist, even the most isolated, would need years of practice just to commit suicide ethically. You know what do they taught in those temples first and foremost? Survival skills. Cooking, cleaning, exercising, making a living to be able to pursue one self-training.
But hey, don't let me stop you from starving yourself out. Maybe before you hit 1 week your malnourished mind will hit a high that seems like enlightenment. Then the light will go out.

there are two kinds of death, the first being the actual event, the death situated within the realm of history and the second being that which never happens.

Take the Augustinepill
>writes more than any other church father
>elaborates Christian theology from beginning to end
>personally defends the faith
>willing to die for what he writes about and believes in, carrying out his ministry even in the face of barbarian invasion

Attached: Saint_Augustine_by_Philippe_de_Champaigne.jpg (1920x2450, 966K)

not medieval retard

With the exception of Kant, and perhaps schope, This.

loled at your bottom comment, good work

t.
Bugman

oh my goodness i love this description so much. books for this feel? how do i read more on such concepts? what did you read to learn about those things? is it one of Plato's dialogues?

Medieval is fall of rome - fall of constantinople, so Augustine is actually the first medieval writer

yes he is

The question is are you worthy of reading Medieval philosophy?