>I'm a Propertarian

What kind of person do you imagine?

propertarianism.com/2018/03/29/propertarianism-core-concepts-by-eli-harman/

Attached: images.jpg (216x233, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maths.tcd.ie/~dwilkins/Berkeley/HumanKnowledge/1734/HumKno.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's all so tiresome.

Sounds like off-brand, incomplete Objectivism. Pass, I'll stick with the real thing

Attached: 51E6etHS-dL._SX319_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (321x499, 33K)

>Science, or the “scientific method” is an empirical method for gaining understanding of reality and access to truth.
I did a search on the site for "induction" and nothing came up.
Pottery.

Has Doolittle managed to start a cult, amass a non-trivial following yet? I remember him trying desperately to hitch his wagon to NRx back in the day but no one really cared.

The word "induction" is literally in the link I proved.

Not yet but he has gained a lot of attention in 2019 when John Mark became a Propertarian and introduced his large audience to it.

*link I provided

Right, he has a paragraph where he goes over what the word means, but there is no attempt to reconcile it with their dogma.
Science at once gives
>access to truth
>we can never actually be sure that we’ve finally got it.

I don't see any problem with this or a need to reconciliation. A theory, even though it may be falsified in the future, can still give us relevant insights in the here and now. A "good" system is one that allows for these paradigm shifts.

A good scientific system yes. You can easily claim that it is pragmatically valuable. But the assertion that you're understanding reality or accessing truth seriously needs reconciliation. There is an unspoken worldview attached to what has been said which needs spelling out, as it is very weak.

I think you erroneously presume that two distinct states (truth and falsehood) cannot have a continuum between them. Curt Doolittle is perfectly aware that a current theory may be falsified in the future and thus is in favour of a fluid, anti-static system that allows for progress towards truth.

>that link
Ho boy this looks like something the Randfags would have a field day with, clearly this cat is trying to cop their style. Ancapery, a dash of individual/collective centrism, and ethnonationalism of all things? This fucker is all over the place. Objectivists hate all three.

Attached: libertarians-diligently-plotting-to-take-over-the-world-and-leave-4848464.png (500x654, 99K)

How is science objective when it is agent dependent?
Why are values and preferences not truth, or, why is truth limited to the what is objective?
Why accept 'property' if values and preferences are not true?
Justify the nature of your objective/subjective distinction.

1. The scientific method is not 100% objective. However, it is our best attempt at objectivity.

2. Here I may deviate from what Propertarians will say.
There are subjective and objective truths. You rightfully pointed out that if we solely consider objective truths to be truths, then Propertarianism should singularly be a descriptive approach. Curt Doolittle himself says that Propertarianism is descriptive, not prescriptive. However he greatly deviates from this claim as he makes moral claims throughout the piece, which are subjective, not objective truths.

Excellent digits.
What do you make of
>Justify the nature of your objective/subjective distinction.
?

Objective: Reality outside of our senses
Subjective: Reality perceived through our senses

>date] [Auto] No new posts
They can leave me alone so that business owners can rob me blind.

I just saw that you want a justification for this distinction. I'm not exactly sure what justification you want from me. A justification based on what?

>Objective: Reality outside of our senses
So, like what Platonists said about reality outside our senses, or like some sort of pure materialism?

>A justification based on what?
You asking that question was the point of my question.
What does it even mean to discuss things existing outside of us, and what is the range demarcated by 'senses'? What role does our intuition or mind play in this? Ultimately, all the distinctions are arbitrary from our perspective, and there is no meaningful, in itself, distinction, ala Neoplatonism. That is a very quick and dirty overview of the dialectic I think we can have. Let me know what doesn't seem right.

We try to objectively observe the world around us through current scientific methods to gather more insights which can be used for pragmatic purposes. We try to observe the world objectively because of subjective truths and use the knowledge gathered for subjectively valued things (dominance, health, etc.). I wouldn't regard the distinction as arbitrary as these are clearly distinct states.

Go to this link
maths.tcd.ie/~dwilkins/Berkeley/HumanKnowledge/1734/HumKno.pdf
Go to pdf page 18/book page 12.
Read at least three pages.
Tell me what you make of Berkeley's case.

>bussiness owners rob me by making me buy their products
Ah you! soccie parasites are funny.

>business owners
You mean bankers

Bankers of the non-corporatist private bent are litteraly heroes and among the finest specimens of abstract thinking possible.

Absolutely based levels of capital sentience acceptance.

>stem major
>doesn't read fiction (except sci-fi and fantasy)
>is very proud of his online iq test score
>owns a sword collection

>is very proud of his online iq test score
probably the most relevant bit

Wrong. If he did then he would not be familiar with the principles of Propertarianism

>stem major
That one is true.

He got BTFO by the distributist and truediltom

>date] [Auto] No new posts
wat

that doesn't mean much desu

The distributists video on Propertarianism was a catastrophe. He's a master in saying with much without really saying anything and the whole premise for his counter argument is based on a misunderstanding of Propertarianism.