Yea Forums Music Thread

What is the official music/Musician of Yea Forums?

I would say Wagner, Bach, Beethoven but I wish to have a focus on the Folk song as such Musicians of history would be the Greatest by default as well as the folk songs ability to connect with a greater individuality and sudden effect.

I would say men such as...

Don Mclean

American Pie:
youtube.com/watch?v=y5ecvBaqHBk

Vincent:
youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

Winterwood:
youtube.com/watch?v=6RqJNpe6otk

The Grave: youtube.com/watch?v=xe6j0JBwEO4

Willie Nelson

City of New Orleans:
youtube.com/watch?v=6XyRdJr4LSc

Georgia on my mind:
youtube.com/watch?v=SfDVv1ASJ3M

On the Road again:
youtube.com/watch?v=dBN86y30Ufc

The Highwayman:
youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0

John Denver

Country roads:
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

Rocky mountain high:
youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4

I find the folk song to truly encapsulate life as it is, a simply yet definite relation to mans eternal and yet continuously obvious... finite life of the simplistic experience.

Attached: Newbury Street.jpg (236x326, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E8ZYxTPhXA8
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ6WW220__I
open.spotify.com/user/1256573384/playlist/4nq0wqC2MUi4QKGzEOsiuV?si=zEUzHlNDTe-6_R1TxEMEAw
youtu.be/Qg3DxELVPj4
youtu.be/72ye1IMywrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zzeNAUOp17c
youtube.com/watch?v=PC-56i2kjJ0
youtu.be/7Cc-0beyRXE
youtu.be/KzkC3Jrbf5s
youtu.be/9F4g5pBrEYE
youtu.be/Hn73xd-SCK8
youtube.com/watch?v=j1dSgQ8LV4o
youtu.be/v86XwStGA2Q
youtu.be/wErssiv0UaI
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY
youtube.com/watch?v=mdAjgt3MR10
youtu.be/1cV_GP5TxIU
youtu.be/TGEoMxpVMWU
youtu.be/j58V2vC9EPc
youtu.be/Zz6j57MIFvQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WOx1qNUMnCc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCvYAZpTIQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQD-OvbCfCU
youtu.be/Jq-e8DWtzvE
youtu.be/46kAzBMJpEk
youtu.be/tnCk0uGwFZI
youtu.be/yy30kMeZYGI
youtu.be/0yvwbxT80Bw
youtu.be/QgAmndMOf_E
youtube.com/watch?v=7YqF69HLkj8
youtube.com/watch?v=LB9lObWclFQ
youtu.be/Zkkr-HhnwS8
youtu.be/yiTBcD36_G4
youtu.be/ReW9uUYm-DA
youtu.be/Y7ZwJGtXRAg
youtu.be/fv4eW1CZZBM
youtube.com/watch?v=eFf9IWEmSnU
youtube.com/watch?v=NaRIPAaikIQ&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fauré, anyone who says otherwise is a dirty anglo with shit for ears.

And to those pesky Mods, this thread is literature and Yea Forums related.

1. The music is Literature just set to music.

2. It is the music of Yea Forums.

Sounds great my dude, even though I wished to have a folk song focus, it is still truly beautiful.

bump

I listen to Bert Jansch in the background when I read

youtu.be/E8ZYxTPhXA8

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ6WW220__I

fresh baroque pop playlist, all the hits: open.spotify.com/user/1256573384/playlist/4nq0wqC2MUi4QKGzEOsiuV?si=zEUzHlNDTe-6_R1TxEMEAw

Attached: infobloss.jpg (1086x1671, 357K)

Yea sounds pretty good man. You would probably like Gordon Lightfoot.

i only listen to ambience in the background stuff like music for airports by Brian Eno

This is odd, I aint a big fan but it sounds alright.

Just listening to some of his now, really nice, thanks user.

Lemme guess hip hop isn't /lit for y'all

Attached: 1551882303067.png (495x433, 19K)

>listening to Music for Airports outside an airport
pleb, that music is enhanced by contextual depth that is lost when listening to it away from an airport. You may as well be listening to a 64kbps YouTube rip in mono with one earphone in for all the quality you’re missing out on.

Venice Bitch is the only good Lana song
youtu.be/Qg3DxELVPj4

kill yourself nigger

>Yea Forums

Attached: 1552099892346.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Dude wtf why?

Not even CPP(Common practice period) music?

I had never heard of him before, now I have a new musician to listen to. Thanks user

Faggot nigger lover this guy gets it.

I only included the Lana vid cause it was on my ctrl+c.

t. not tsundere for slimin' diamond

I only listen to lo-fi chill hip-hop beats to relax/study to 24/7

I will use capital if I want y..YOU PEASANT

anons! This is a cosy thread, please do not ruin it with needless hostility and racism!

>listening to hip hop while reading
>/lit
he was asking for it, don't defend him

K then

If you mean the occasional techno then I can relate.

>racism!

Attached: Welcome Bro.jpg (1067x600, 47K)

The fuck? All the classical composers incorporated folk music into their compositions. Willie Nelson, Don McLean, no f off

lately its the Mandy OST
youtu.be/72ye1IMywrQ

Don't get me wrong guys I normally hate techno but for some reason these two pieces and styles sound alright to me.

True faith New Order:
youtube.com/watch?v=zzeNAUOp17c

Behind the drapery:
youtube.com/watch?v=PC-56i2kjJ0

Dude I mean the complete folk, I cannot exactly call Parsifal prelude a folk song no matter how great it is, hell I believe it to be one of the if not the greatest pieces of music but it is not folk. I prefer common practice period music to modern but as I have said this thread focuses on folk for the aforementioned benefits.

Berio Sinfonia

Sounds somewhat aesthetic/interesting but too expressionist for me. And I hate expressionism... about as much as Jazz and Swing, they give me a headache.

Huerco S. or Laurel Halo

Attached: c2ae4352.jpg (320x320, 43K)

link

Huerco S.
youtu.be/7Cc-0beyRXE
Laurel Halo
youtu.be/KzkC3Jrbf5s

They are cap desu. I suppose they are something to listen to while walking.

Huerco S is nice.

I like to listen to a lot of Caribou and Four Tet when reading, as well as Jansch.

youtu.be/9F4g5pBrEYE

This is a newer release but his early albums Pause and Rounds are great. Also recommend Fridge, his earlier project:
youtu.be/Hn73xd-SCK8

Attached: 1E1E36B1-F778-4069-BB63-B559616890D7.jpg (220x220, 8K)

Its music to read to anything with lyrics takes away my attention.

who /scriabin/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=j1dSgQ8LV4o

thanks man added his albums to my player

on the same vein i guess cocainejesus.
youtu.be/v86XwStGA2Q
youtu.be/wErssiv0UaI

Attached: cocaine-jesus-were-worried-about-you.jpg (676x676, 62K)

Then listen to classical.

Bach and Greek Entekhno are the only genres up to snuff for lit.

Blues and Irish folk would be good too, but none of the original creators would’ve been able to read disqualifying them right off the bat.

>Not even a mention of the greatest musical genius in history
>Wagner

/comfy/ thread

Attached: Fox hiding under Spruce - Bruno Lijefors.jpg (2850x1933, 1.48M)

Hit and miss Spotify playlist, but some pretty damn good songs in there.

Terrible genre for degenerates and drones.

Prurient

Chet Baker or Jazz in general

Reminder that only one musician has one the Nobel Prize for literature

Lennon/McCartney fags BTFO

The Queen on suicide watch

Can Bongs ever recover

Attached: bob-dylan 9-20-83.jpg (500x398, 91K)

Will Toledo

Attached: 980x.jpg (859x800, 128K)

The Germans are alright but for me its the French
>Debussy
youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

Picking anything but contemporary classical is a joke and Yea Forums is christian af, so the musician is - obviously - Messiaen

youtube.com/watch?v=mdAjgt3MR10

Attached: sam-kidel_1463493029.jpg (896x896, 65K)

I listen to grindcore

Name 3 living lyricists better than Michael Gira, David Tibet and Jeff Mangum.

Attached: i_have_a_honk_honk_for_this_board.png (1414x1000, 435K)

Morrissey

Based

excellent taste mate

>Jazz
>JAZZ

Get away from me y..YOU philistine degenerate

That's because music is often separated from literature by most.

Looks gay, provide link and I will judge.

De..debussy.

I can't stand him, like I mean some of his music sounds average-alright but it gets repetitive and is over rated. The only impressionism I like is when it is in the form of painting.

I agree the common practice period is the height of western music and art in general with Wagner's greatness tipping us over the edge into the lowest. Still you must appreciate the general familiarity and sublime simplicity that the folk song.

What the fuck is this travesty?

Explain...

Never heard of any of them.

Is Al Stewart more Yea Forums or /his/?

Provide link of judgement

It's not literature related at all. It belongs on Yea Forums. You just don't want to post it on Yea Forums so you killed a Yea Forums thread for it. The guy posting Crystal Castles as a thread lucked out that they had used Joyce on that album. You're just fucking cancer.

>It's not literature related at all. It belongs on Yea Forums.

Neither is a thread about recent thoughts yet it is commonly accepted. Neither is an art thread yet it is commonly accepted, neither is a music thread on any other board yet it is commonly accepted.

Get over yourself man, this is Yea Forums related because it is posed as a direct question towards Yea Forums. As well as the philosophical side mentioned previously. Get down from your high horse and simply appreciate musical literature. You'r no better than those types who tell you to stop smoking at public area.

youtu.be/1cV_GP5TxIU
Will Toledo

>BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS OFF TOPIC TOO
cancer reproduces itself. The people you hate on mu are the people you're bringing here to shit up this board, and they've been spamming so many music threads that it's knocked literature threads off the board at a much faster rate. You sound like the kid who couldn't work out why the kindergarten toys were communal and not his alone.

youtu.be/TGEoMxpVMWU

Willie Nelson and Don McLean aren't really folk either.

The only acceptable answer:
youtu.be/j58V2vC9EPc

>The poets Charles Baudelaire, Stéphane Mallarmé and Paul Verlaine worshipped Wagner. In a list of major cultural figures influenced by Wagner, Bryan Magee includes D. H. Lawrence, Aubrey Beardsley, Romain Rolland, Gérard de Nerval, Pierre Auguste Renoir, Rainer Maria Rilke and numerous others.

>In the 20th century, W. H. Auden once called Wagner "perhaps the greatest genius that ever lived", while Thomas Mann and Marcel Proust were heavily influenced by him and discussed Wagner in their novels. He is also discussed in some of the works of James Joyce. Wagnerian themes inhabit T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land, which contains lines from Tristan und Isolde and Götterdämmerung, and Verlaine's poem on Parsifal.

>Friedrich Nietzsche was a member of Wagner's inner circle during the early 1870s, and his first published work, The Birth of Tragedy, proposed Wagner's music as the Dionysian "rebirth" of European culture in opposition to Apollonian rationalist "decadence".

Is there really any contest?

Attached: wagner.jpg (638x478, 73K)

>grindcore
youtu.be/Zz6j57MIFvQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WOx1qNUMnCc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCvYAZpTIQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQD-OvbCfCU

Attached: al-stewart-with-laurence-juber-cdemc-3710-cd.jpg (800x796, 191K)

youtu.be/Jq-e8DWtzvE

:Music is the veritable /transmitter of time/ on the treadmill dissolution matrix of Whitehead's God:
youtu.be/46kAzBMJpEk

Attached: schizojak.jpg (242x249, 6K)

youtu.be/tnCk0uGwFZI

youtu.be/yy30kMeZYGI

Sounds alright I suppose, I aint a big fan but it has a unique character.

This is very odd but there is something nice about it I suppose.

youtu.be/0yvwbxT80Bw

You forgot to mention Hitler's love and appreciation for Wagner considering him and his works to be the peak of the Aryan spirit and art. It possibly is also what exposed the jq to Hitler although this is heavily debatable. As well as the fact that Wagner's Art were anti-semetic.

Op here. I would say he is the greatest artistic genius of all history possibly greatest general genius in all history as well. It's a shame not many people on Yea Forums know or really have experienced his works let alone worship him as the greatest (which he deserves).

The reason I decided to have folk songs only is present, because 1. Wagner would of course be the greatest and 2. Because of the unique and general emotion conveyed by the folk song.

Yea they are, I do not mean folk as the modern genre but folk as simply the short grouping of a patterned tune and words that man has had in comparison to the complete and grand works of art since time immemorial.

I do disagree with some of Nietzsche's Apollonian/Dionysian beliefs though.

You disgust me you edgy teen.

Ew hipsters, besides all the videos are unavailable to me.

This honestly doesn't sound that bad I suppose.

Why would I listen to a nigger?

Honestly what the fuck is this? Is Yea Forums just shit posting on my thread now?

Looks like you got BTFO.

Grindcore rules, faggot reaction poster.
>Folk is short songs
>but not grindcore
Being this wrong.

>Looks like you got BTFO.

Guess so, at least I have my music, at least I have a purity of experience.

shut the fuck up you autistic fuck, nobody but you cares

>all these monged-out boomers responding to music people have posted giving their opinions like anyone cares
Yea Forums is really full of the most arrogant, yet simultaneously most dull people on this site. Newsflash!: people have different tastes in music to you!

Attached: 157367ED-4F54-4C80-A2BA-30468A2D4451.png (1000x1000, 18K)

>Grindcore rules, faggot reaction poster.

Your terminology and syntax seem to suggest a mental age of a teenager whether deservedly or not.

>>Folk is short songs
>>but not grindcore
>Being this wrong.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough for your brain to understand, but when do you see someone creating and listening to a half hour piece of pure rock trash as a short folk song that captures simplicity? No it is degenerate shit. Can't be degenerate.

Folk songs are often much slower, they have very different pacing, very different sound, very different degeneracy, very different versus, chorus ect. This is not a Folk song you autist.

btfo

I grew up in 80's and 90's Hollywood so for me it's Guns N' Roses, Nine Inch Nails, and Jane's Addiction.

>cancer reproduces itself. The people you hate on mu are the people you're bringing here to shit up this board, and they've been spamming so many music threads that it's knocked literature threads off the board at a much faster rate. You sound like the kid who couldn't work out why the kindergarten toys were communal and not his alone.

You sound like the kid that wants to control the other kid and specifically tells him how to play with those communal toys and if the kid doesn't play with them in his way he gets annoyed but every else doesn't give a fuck. Get over your fucking autism.

Tell me how is music cringe? Do you dislike music? If so you dislike art and with that you are an uncultured swine. It revolves around certain philosophical elements within the folk song.

Stop being so retarded, this guy gets itPeople post to receive a response you autist, if you weren't such an emotional train wreck then you would understand that.

Besides I am not a boomer. I am also cultured unlike yourself. There is an Objective hierarchy of music. That doesn't mean it is subjective.

guess so, at least I have my BTFO (you have to void post)

What about Jon Bovi?

Bon Jovi had a couple good tunes. Wanted Dead or Alive is pretty badass when you're driving down Sunset Boulevard at 3am.

Being this stupid. See

>Objective hierarchy
>Don McLean
>Willie Nelson
youtu.be/QgAmndMOf_E

>People post to receive a response you autist, if you weren't such an emotional train wreck then you would understand that.
They want a positive response, from a like-minded person. The people that respond ‘durr this is crap’ or ‘durr not as good as Bach (??)’ are just commenting inanely from a position of ignorance and arrogance, just because they can. I honestly don’t see the point in responding unless you enjoy or can at least appreciate the artistry behind a piece of music.

Was going to post some good folk music, but won't because he came off as a dickhead.

I’d unironically like some education in folk, I’m the guy at the start who posted Jansch, and I’m looking for songs in a similar vein to that.

>Bon Jovi had a couple good tunes. Wanted Dead or Alive is pretty badass when you're driving down Sunset Boulevard at 3am.

heh yep sounds like it would be.

I didn't add tag so stfu you uncultured swine. I swear Yea Forums has turned into a bunch of edgy teens.

I admitted to Wagner and common practice period music to be superior to all others but wished to have a focus on the folk. Also stop with the shit posting only Aussies like myself can.

Oh well sorry, I guess you shouldn't of responded to me because it wasn't positive. The world is as retarded as it is now because of too accepting people like you. I don't want autists like to shit up my thread with their nigger shit tie music.

and in regards to I am thankful that you decided not too ruin my thread. Now fuck off, this is manual deportation incel.

>I’d unironically like some education in folk, I’m the guy at the start who posted Jansch, and I’m looking for songs in a similar vein to that.

Would you like some?

youtube.com/watch?v=7YqF69HLkj8

/our guy/ Zizek likes Laibach.

youtube.com/watch?v=LB9lObWclFQ

Attached: zizek pepe.jpg (175x287, 9K)

>incel
>degenerate
>of
>retarded
>niggers
Truly embarrassing post.
youtu.be/Zkkr-HhnwS8

>what should i listen to reinforce my Yea Forums identity

kys you fucking pseud

>post is a variation of What is the most Yea Forums X?
Fucking cancer.

Not folk but alright. Still sounds great.

Don't think I've ever heard anything like the jazz-infused style of Pentangle, but for some reason I think of Pete Seeger and John Fahey.
youtu.be/yiTBcD36_G4
youtu.be/ReW9uUYm-DA
As for education, I always find this interesting:
youtu.be/Y7ZwJGtXRAg
And the fiddle legend:
youtu.be/fv4eW1CZZBM

whatever nigger faggot.

No one asked this. It's just a thread for music.

What is this furious sperg?

>Four Tet
Shut up faggot

What’s wrong with Four Tet?

>quintet

You’ve lost me

That's Nietzsche for ya

For me it's coprogrind, because I read only when shitting out my enormous turds..

Did you listen to Op's songs?

user, you have confused me immensely

As Hegel says -

"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights."

This isn’t helping. What conflict are we having? I like Four Tet, you called me a faggot, I demand to know why!

Quintet is quadrilateral isn't it?

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

There is hope.

...I give up, you have defeated me, user.

Attached: 2A0D47B1-F1D0-4059-BDC7-EB82AAC9462B.jpg (928x368, 71K)

"A word too much always defeats its purpose."

- Shopenhauer

youtube.com/watch?v=eFf9IWEmSnU
youtube.com/watch?v=NaRIPAaikIQ&app=desktop
What is some Yea Forumscore you think Gira probably read?

Open Mike Eagle, Earl, Tyler, Milo, (most) Kendrick are all pretty Yea Forums. Who else do you recommend?

Shit, didn't mean to sage. This is a good thread but I'm a dumb phoneposter

Well you only s(ag)ed in the latter post user.

FUCK. I'm just dumb all around.

Attached: 1515636073269.jpg (500x375, 46K)

guess your just "imaginative"

that album's lyrics weren't even written by Tibet, it's by Ligotti
Jeff is the best of the three I would say, especially since lately Gira is all about mantras and doesn't really give a fuck about lyrics

pic is my favourite album lyrics-wise, just a savant kid bleeding out all his insecurities and odd thoughts in song form - it's sad, it's funny, it's strange and relatable and very sincere

Attached: songs of pain.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Try NO's album Technique and related singles.

Thom Yorke only answer

Attached: BFA48847-F335-420B-845F-DAD59C20A1A5.jpg (717x463, 111K)

You like Death in June, don't you?