Should reading every single one of these books be required for posting on Yea Forums? How many have you read?

Should reading every single one of these books be required for posting on Yea Forums? How many have you read?

Attached: file.png (1458x2106, 3.56M)

6 going on 9

No, you just gotta read Plato's dialogues (the Apology, Crito, Euthyphro, The Republic, Parmenides, Theaetetus, Symposium, Phaedrus), Shakespeare's best known plays (Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, King Lear, A Midsummer Night's Dream), at least one epic poem (be it the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Mahabharata, the Iliad, or the Elder Edda), the 5 Books of Moses, the Book of Ecclesiastes, the Book of Job, the Gospels, and the Book of Revelation.
That's it. That's all anybody needs to have read to post on Yea Forums. Anything else should be strictly optional.

That's a dumb requirement.
5 years of lurking before posting is the standard on 4chins.
That said, I've read 14 on the list.

they are required for being a meme

this but without the bible stuff

I've read 14 books on the list and I don't even know this board. Still, the books choice is good.

>no philosophy book or essays
No

All of them except Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, and Ulysses

Not keen on changing that

lel 1
i read half of TGOW but got bored

Remove white noise. It's shit

Attached: 1549125714953.jpg (540x489, 19K)

Fifteen. The shortest fifteen.

You don't HAVE to read V.

>ftw keep trying to read V
>I eventually finish the book after V years

>"treat this list of classics like boxes to be ticked off and then you'll be Yea Forums!"
>list chosen by a single retard whos only claim to authority is spamming his self-made chart wherever he can

ikr I just go off of r/books list whenever I can

Depends of what kind of literature do you like

7 read
have 10 more from here I plan to read

>Should reading every single one of these books be required for posting on Yea Forums?
no, remove to pomo stuff

Wrong
Ecclesiastes is absolutely Yea Forums

Catcher in the Rye is dumb

I am become the death of my social life, destroyer of the potential worlds where I might've done something with my life

If other works by the same author count then 24. 18 if not.
Salinger is a god, kill yourself. His short story collection is better though.

Attached: bingo.png (1458x2106, 3.12M)

Literally everything. I must admit though, Yea Forums has a very dull taste, these are mostly the books that haven't had a big affect on me, save more Don Quixote, Kafka, Divine Comedy, Blood Meridian and Infinite Jest.

0 I've never read a book in my life.
>inb4 bait
I ate reading

I win bingo with the second row and second column

Since they are "Yea Forumscore" most people are well aware of them already, so forcing everyone to read them would just worsen the circlejerk and limited thinking.

i've read 1 of those

So frickin based

29, not bad.

I mean sure, Dostoevsky and Hesse and Pynchon are great, but you shouldn't have multiple books by the same author on an essentials list, its just bad form

28, not bad

You should read whatever you want to gain an opinion of your own.
Most of hose books are doubdly important or even good.

Zero

I only read 9 of them, am I a pleb? :(

5, reading a 6th

>I ate reading
Dumb fatties

>boo hoo im sad
Christcucks are easily impressed

5 yeet

I've read 30 as well- and though I haven't read The Waves, I have read Mrs. Dalloway and To the Lighthouse, etc.
I'm sorry about your social life and the feeling of the loss of potential worlds. I'm pulling for (you) user and hope that youll be fine.

16. I'm not really into the modern shit.

No

people have different interests and will read things that interest them. reading widely is a meme. instead of reading 10 random books read 10 books that are somehow related to each other

I had big hopes for white noise because I unironically loved Falling Man. Very disappointing book. Almost as bad as the time I got memed into reading Vonnegut's Mother Night. Horrible.

25. Damn Yea Forums has good taste.

Of the 42 in your pic I've read 15 and 1/2 (Blood Meridian was so bad I had to quit).

It would probably increase the posting quality of the board slightly, but I'd say
>The Iliad and the Odyssey
>Plato's dialogues
>Maybe the Aeneid
>The Divine Comedy
>Hamlet, Othello, Macbeth, King Lear
>Paradise Lost
>Ulysses (probably preceded by Dubliners and Portrait)
would be better, and also take less time. It's Anglocentric, but so is that chart desu.

>it's anglocentric
Thats just the way the world is lad, sadly.

t.

>IJ
>pynchon
>camus
>kafka
>salinger
cringe

t.

Attached: 7e5.png (460x568, 48K)

all except Mishima