I hate cities and had a nervous breakdown and lost direction in life...

I hate cities and had a nervous breakdown and lost direction in life. What are some books about going out and living innawoods?

Attached: 803A9AED-5F48-4CFF-A522-E51A7637F860.jpg (4392x4252, 2.4M)

Would you say, user, that perhaps, just maybe, the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race?

Walden by Henry Thoreau

There doesn’t seem to any sort of analysis on whether adopting a technology will have negative consequences, just expediency.

For a not-so-well-written but very relevant piece of good journalism, try a book called "the unsettlers."

It follows several different stories (six?) Of people in 2017 or so who have tried to live off the grid in America.

That pic is funny.

Industrial Society and Its Future
Growth of the Soil

Tappan On Survival.

Stop memeing the unabomber manifesto you stupid edgelord

Not based and very blue pilled. SMDH.

>myboi gondola is some sort of druid
fucking based.

This journey would unironically be a pretty epic adventure, assuming the Iranians didn't capture you and torture you.

I'm gonna second Growth of the Soil. Epic redpilled literature. Human beans weren't made for these hives.

Attached: moehamsun.jpg (679x960, 107K)

Lila by Pirsig. Except it's a boat. And should probably read Zen first since it's a sequel. Actually Zen is probably more what you want.

Anna Karenina has a character who hates cities and the city lifestyle too but he lives in the countryside and has a farm though. It's still worth a reading.

>books
Books are inherently cosmopolitan and pretty much directly caused urbanization you fucking retard mong nigger. Read fewer books.

>read fewer books
t. Rousseau

or read Reveries of a Solitary Walker (read it preferably in a hammoc or laying down in the grass)
you may add in a few pages from Emile, when Rousseau explains why the best life ever is to live in the Swiss mountains while making wood furniture

Suttree

go out and do it user, it might take some time to get things ready, but if you want to live away from cities you can do it, move to a small town or find work on a fram maybe,

also:All the Pretty Horses

>Books are inherently cosmopolitan and caused urbanization
Looks like we’ve got ourselves an armchair historian here.

Attached: 27CFA501-D10B-4715-A1C9-1A62737A19C2.jpg (581x767, 92K)

Yeah try fucking telling me how the ability to record information in writing didn't improve our ability to organize large groups of people you fucking nigger-adjacent shithead

Whoa man can you chill it with the overt racism? I find that offensive as a POC.

hey, just droppin by to call you a faggot
stop posting on this board

>muh books built this city
The ability of agriculture to produce a surplus and allow diversified labor caused population centers to form, you cantankerous retard.