Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Attached: 1516073650669.jpg (150x150, 12K)

pige

Pige

Two men enter into a bitter confrontation over a pige

A black man who becomes the first man on Mars and he finds out that Mars is filled with black people who welcome him as the chosen one.

a thousand pages about how much I hate life and the meaninglessness of it all

>*CRAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN*

An AI writes a fiction book that is so well loved it sweeps multiple awards for fiction, human writers petition for AI writers to be banned from future literary awards and a debate ensues about whether fiction written by an AI is legitimate literature.

I got drunk and forgot why I opened this thread PEE PEE POO POO

Look at how cool he is guys! He drinks alcohol! Woooooooow. What a cool guy! Omg hahahaha he said Pee Pee Poo Poo! So immature! What a rebel!

you have actual autism

WOAHH GUYS! LOOK AT THIS GUY GIVING A SNARKY RESPONSE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! HAHA HAVE SOME REDDIT GOLD!

A preacher in a small town adopts a boy who starts having nightmares, which gradually cause him more and more distress. Boy's behavior radically changes and no one knows what to do about it, medicine can't help. Father decides to go on a sort of pilgrimage with his boy and the more faithful part of his church, looking for answers from God. Along the way, he gets terrorized by yokels and his faith gets tested even more until he snaps.

samefag seethin

there are multiple reasons why this is a terrible idea
1. Unrealistic, seriously a.i. writing fiction?
2.If an a.i. was smart enough to write fiction, and fiction that sweeps multiple awards and is forced to issue a debate im sure this a.i. would've developed itself to realize that writing fiction is a useless trait
3. If we ever get to a point were A.I. can write fiction as you describe, fiction itself already will be a thing of the past
4. The only thing that will be able to create this would be a A.I. smarter than us surely? As stands we have no predictions whats so ever to create an A.I. that writes fiction able to achieve many awards, yet we are trying to make an A.I. smarter than us in the present time, so, this A.I. would have to be made by another A.I. for what reason?To overtake humans commercially?Surely it can create something way better? A A.I. artist?Composer?Architect?

Reminds of steampunk just filled with too many holes

Attached: faggot.png (347x91, 5K)

Attached: 4645.png (770x263, 23K)

the posts are less than a minute apart m8

Took you long enough to photoshop. Stay boilin.

A medieval style world in which all iron runs out

samefag seethin

Ya seethe? Ya boil? Ya steam? Go act drunk in front of the juniors so you can be cool.

Why is an A.I. artist or composer more legitimate or useful than an AI fiction writer?

A kid talks to a clown that hides in a ceiling tile crack over the back entrance to his school cafeteria, and believes the clown to be God. I'm 12000 words in, and it's shit.

Its not, the question is why is there not a.i. composers or artist or architects or politicians or why are they not running the world

what sort of mental disability does the kid have in your novel?

I had a really good idea for a story but now I forgot what it was.

A fat guy who wants to be thin but dies of unrelated causes 1 pound before his weight goal

Based and kangpilled

I just want to finish my generic low-fantasy political intrigue adventure novel before I pass away from either ass cancer or just burst into flames from the stress, whichever comes first.

Attached: ivv2Ppib_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

A group of friends (four aristocratic couples) from a collapsed South American country meets for dinner in Paris, where they all now live.
The novel is essentially just their dinner and conversation, but through it we see how each of them thinks about what the world they had and lived in which is now lost for ever. There is a ninth character, the maid of the hosting couple, also from the same country, whose entrances and interferences provide us contrast and balance: for her all this nostalgia means little, her life has not truly changed much.

Good idea. Do you have a specific country in mind? I would read it, but the writing would need to be very careful and clear to keep the reader comfortable with so little action.

It would be fictional, but mostly based on Colombia (my own country) and Venezuela (the example which inspires all this).

Definitely, it would need to be very careful, though I do plan on having some "action" going on through anecdotes and stories, both spoken and privately remembered. One of the male characters is a historian, so his interventions (both spoken and privately thought) are meant to provide depth to the story and some more "action," very distant from the dinner table.

Does the preacher fuck the little boy? If so, I'd read it

It's like the start of Heat with the truck heist but they crash outside of a wannabe vigilante's house and a standoff occurs

You can do it. I believe in you

i like this. good luck with it user. make sure you capitalize on that #ownvoice buzz since you have that cultural experience.

Based a pigepilled

Thanks mate. Not sure I'd get too much hashtag mileage out of it given that it would be in Spanish and published (if ever) right here in LatAm so it wouldn't be exceptional in that sense, but oh well.

Story starts in prehistoric times. A tribe of apes gather around a pond and drink. Two males interrupt the group as the fight for the alpha male spot. Eventually one gains the upperhand, and crushes the other's head with a rock. The ape drops the rock, and looks down at what it has done, pondering it.

The story flashes forward several thousand years to a college student waking up and preparing for school. As he exits his house and walks down the stairs suddenly he collapses as his mind is transported into the past and into the mind of the ape which had been killed. As he does, the mind of the murdered ape is taken into the body of the boy, who wakes up in a hospital goes on a rampage

BOOOOOOOOOOOORING

An epistolary novel focusing on the email exchange between a tech reviewer and a disguised AI network attempting to judge the value of humanity and the relative social status of itself

Your English in these posts is very good. You might try writing it in English, just to see what happens.

This sounds hard to pull off but promising. Best of luck.

man has a hellish nightmare of a life, kills himself

You are a terrible idea.
>Unrealistic, seriously a.i. writing fiction?
We're literally working on it right now, it might be silly but it's extremely realistic.

average white man michael works a 9 to 5 job at office job inc

I like this

lmao this'd be dope if it were a love story that got adapted into a movie starring scarjo as the AI network

Attached: 20190206_203523.jpg (2448x3264, 2.64M)

Do you mean my ideas for a novel, or my ideas that are novel?

you have nice handwriting

it's no novel

Attached: img.jpg (183x275, 7K)

A woman is upset that nothing ever happens in her life
Suddenly, shit starts happening, just every step she takes shit be goin' on errwherr.

I assume this tale already exists.

Based as fuck

is this kind of anime plot

It could be. People purchase light novels.

Didn't Joaquin Phoenix star in your novel?

are you guys saying this because theres a movie out like this or what?

i live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and don't really follow Yea Forums please explain

Watch pic related.

Attached: file.png (510x755, 790K)

back to the drawing board i guess

In the far, but not too far future, A group of human scientists accidentally end up abducting a small alien child during a botched research mission of a planet they were studying. The alien child comes from a Paleolithic civilization of Bird people, and cannot communicate properly with humans without text to speech (And is very immuno-sensitive, due to living most of his life in a sterilized human environment). When a bizarre accident causes the research station to fall from the sky, the Alien (now an adult) is exposed to his species' primitive culture and way of life, and he must come to terms with his identity as a member of his own species, and as a member of human society, all whilst he and his fellow human survivors deal with the ramifications of their station crashing on the alien world, and try to call for help.

Attached: IMG_3868.jpg (570x705, 92K)

A kike playing chess and whining about le holocaust

Attached: 1551006550306.jpg (143x139, 6K)

What's the moral of the story? What's the point?

>his novel doesn't have a meaning so complex that no human language can explain it
pleb

Set in a low fantasy world where magical powers are passed down genetically. This led to a series of feudal city states where each one is ruled by an oligarchic clan or clans of magic users using their power to press the majority of people who lack these powers in to serfdom.

These magical powers are all based around manipulating natural phenomenon in various ways, and more or less the rule of conservation of energy is adhered to, so one side effect of this is that using magic powers drains the energy from the user very quickly. This energy is derived from food, so magic users tend to eat a lot to compensate.

These powers don't always work out for the one who has them, one example would be someone who can manipulate heat, but he can only do it within the limits of his own body, and since having powers don't make you immune to them, this guy is covered in burn scars from when he tried to master it. Others can project their powers further than their bodies, although the further away it is the less control and output they can muster.

So anyway, the storytelling revolves around MC who is looking for a mysterious magic user not affiliated with any of the ruling clans(usually when a serf gets born that shows magical aptitude, they get taken in by the ruling clan) that healed her when she was a kid, with one central plot element that this guy she's looking for is the only known person to have the power to manipulate life itself.

This life magic is very much sought after by those in power, since it can reverse the effect of aging.

Another plot point is that the clans had to suppress a rebellion before after the advent of firearms, at a great loss to them, so the clans all stopped fighting each other to keep this new technology away from the serfs, which they managed to do the point where all memory and records of that event have been removed from the general population(through genocide where necessary), and the means to produce firearms and gunpowder are closely guarded secrets, with an active "inquisition" type order with the sole purpose of keeping this status quo intact.

Healer guy, however, is naturally very slow to age, so he looks in his thirties but is actually closer to two hundred years old. And he remembers about the rebellion.

Alcohol is cool, fucker.

>Ya
shut up plz

! nice
post more

>This led to a series of feudal city states where each one is ruled by an oligarchic clan or clans of magic users using their power to press the majority of people who lack these powers in to serfdom.
You could explore the different motivations behind political marriages, inbreeding, and falling in love below one's station, given these magical consequences. You could have a territory where a family had diluted or disseminated their genes among the commoners. You could also have a Martin Luther figure whose ideology, although he has pure motivations, gets adopted and weaponized by families who benefit from changing the status quo, and war breaks out.

i choked

the learning journey of a murderous feral kid destined to be the successor of the current philosopher-king/super-warrior in charge of protecting a generation ship
the society therein is sexually segregated:
the males are violent tribesmen roaming the wasteland and fighting for status according to barebones prison rules
the women are in charge of non-manual activities and live in a coastal city
everything take place inside a hollow sphere featuring a color coded chakra system
the kid goes from infrared (propulsion) to ultraviolet (navigation)
there is a lot of casual hardcore sex along the way

>nigger becomes kang of spaceniggers
Do they all have pyramids?

>1. Unrealistic, seriously a.i. writing fiction?

AI is going to replace human artists in literally every artistic field sooner or later. Literature isn't going to be any different.

*takes

To be honest I haven't developed the clans and their politics much yet. Currently I imagine the first act starting where MC gets commissioned by the clan she works as a scribe for to search for certain books and texts, so it is mostly a lot of traveling and world exploration, but she also uses the opportunity to search for healer guy.

Generally speaking the clans don't mix with commoners and it is rare for them to cross breed, so to speak, since they are all aware that these powers are passed down through each generation, random mutations aside. But I have considered that each of the city states are ruled by a specific bloodline of magic that makes them exceptionally powerful on the battlefield, more so than the rest of the clans in a city state. Given the vast discrepancies in power that can manifest from these magical abilities, it is more or less a case of might makes right and every now and then there is an internal struggle for power if one bloodline grows stronger than another.

As for ideologies, MC herself will have some but it will probably be of a more of a naive ivory tower kind of way since while she is well read, has little real world experience. Healer guy will have his own, which will later lead to conflict between him and MC, but aside from the clans I haven't really thought about this too much.

While the clans have their own power struggles, they are all more or less of the mindset that firearms will be the end of their grip on power. As I said, when the initial firearms rebellion happened, large portions of the clan soldiers were killed since bullets just travel too fast for them to effectively counter it in any way, unlike arrows or bolts. So they are desperately trying to suppress this technology, since the serfs normally outnumber the clan soldiers, both those with magic and those without, by about 50 to 1.

But in all honestly this is an old story idea that I have reworked twice, and I'm just now trying to recall everything since I never wrote any of it down.

Yes. And flying saucers.

plz someone say something nice about my novel idea

These are all so terrible that I now feel great about my novel’s plot.

Didn't Roald Dahl write a short story about a machine that mass produced fiction?

Post your novel idea if you're not a pussy.

It doesn't have a moral. It's just a story

As someone who is a big fan of My Dinner With Andre, I would totally read your book

This is literally just an episode of Star Trek. The one where the doctor in Voyager writes a holodeck program and everyone gets offended by it.

Old posts but this doesn't work because writing is not meritocratic at all, nor is the popularity of a work. More like the AI manipulates the system to be able to shit out halfdecent human-written works it stole off lit and patched together / filled in for profit.

Cringe

A romantic post-human drama about an entity composed of light, wandering the empty abyss of negative space when all of a sudden it is transported into a female's body sitting across Lord Byron while he's choking on his quail dinner.

They all have pyramids and we find out that every race on earth basically originates from a different planet in the solar system.

Ya seethe? Ya worked? Have sex, kid.

Your assistance, please.
I started a new novel project with two characters who have self-destructive tendencies. How do I write this without it sounding edgy or cheap? Book recs that can give me a good example to follow?
The one character is purposely trying to destroy his soul. The other was driven to desperation by circumstances.
Congrats, that's literally samurai flamenco.

>The one character is purposely trying to destroy his soul
Any edgier and Sweeney Todd would be holding this premise against Judge Turpin's neck.

Please no bully I have valid reasons for it. I swear it isn't about being edgy and he's the least edgy character ever to exist.
Also to answer my own question, Dostoevsky Demons, now what else?

this is you

Attached: 1511624853041.jpg (1200x1000, 174K)

Kek just watched that movie as well.

Seven minimum wage fast food restaurant workers go out drinking and end up making a pact with an unknown deity leaving them with a great responsibility, while majority of them are oblivious about it. The management, menu and customers put their faith in the test before an impending doom.

An epistolary novel, with each chapter being the protagonist's research notes. A sociologist investigates why all the elderly people in his city are committing suicide. He finds that the elderly have money, medical services, comfort, luxuries, social lives, close families, and good health, etc; and struggles to find a cause for this hysteria. Ultimately, he determines that they're committing suicide because they want to. As a matter of luxury and privilege, they die simply because they can. They have no debts, woes, uncertainties, job uncertainties, monetary insecurity, etc - they commit suicide because their lives are so easy and carefree. They determine upon their own choice and conscience when they want to die.

It's meant to be a commentary on boomer privilege, and how much freedom and choice they have, that they can choose when to die and not have to worry about anyone else.

pige

I'm balls deep into your mom as I type this to be honest.

This is good.

Interesting, would read

This can be really good if written properly. Wish you good luck, user

Best ITT

how are you paying for food etc right about now?

In real world history mass guns and pikes marked the beginning of central royal power, since those kind of armies were funded by the crown. I think that destruction of the magic cabals would come top down, and that a King Philip figure toting gun armies can exploit the hell out of that world.

I thought about that to some extent. A minor theme of the story is how the progression of technology will inevitably supersede all that precedes. Since healer guy has been alive for so long, he has been able to piece together and lay the foundation for the production of firearms on a large scale to some extent, all he needed was the missing ingredient: gunpowder.

So while it would be more of a grassroots uprising, now that you point it out, there are other more distant city states/nations(which MC visits in her travels) without any significant magic gene base that would be open to firearms as a way to alter the balance of power with the magic city states.

Thanks for the suggestion user, I'm trying to revive this story, even if it is an old YA tier one from years ago, and ideas like these are great to fan the fires of inspiration.

mine would be about somebody traveling in south america or southeast asia trying have fun. each character and event would be an amalgamation of people/things i experienced, but combined so it isn't so boring. it'd mainly be about how different people from different cultures interact and how people act differently in specific social situations.

>mass guns and pikes
Now that you mention it, when I used to play Shogun 2, I pretty much always opted for mass yari(spears)/naginata(sorta pikes) and mass archers(sorta firearms) conisting about 80% of my total military forces, with the remaining 20% being swordsman and cavalry. This was mainly due to how the game balances the combat effectiveness of different troops with how much they cost to maintain.

It is interesting to consider how the element of OP magic users would have on battle dynamics. For example, some of the magic users would have crappy offensive abilities, but could for example shield large areas from arrows, making mass archer tactics economically a waste.

I'll have to revisit all of this, especially for the later arcs. I think I have to do a bit of a write-up on the extent and constraints of the magic system so I can't provide much here, and the magic can take many forms, so one could expect that every magic city state has their own unique tactics catered to the types of magic their bloodlines provide them, in addition to regular military forces.

More of a novella. But anyways, middle aged man leads a very boring life, and is deeply unsatisfied. He is bored with family life, depressed by work, and seeks to escape it all. He dreams that he is suddenly young again and back in college, with the freedom to do as he wishes, and lead his life towards a more satisfactory course. This becomes reality, and he wakes up one day back in college, with the freedom he so desired. He goes onto to live a more “exciting” life, but finds it lacking, and just as meaningless as his old life. This is basically that old Kierkegaard novelised. Not very good, but I’m sticking with.

Sounds like it could be good. Fictionalizing real events can risk losing the feel of authenticity, but at the same time can provide authenticity pure fiction can't without the dull of reality. If you can get that balance right you should have something pretty worthwhile on your hands.

Or perhaps I should say "editing" real events, instead of fictionalizing.

kek

you had me until that last line

This is too vague and theoretical. What do they do? How are they self-destructive? You need to tell us some actual events so we can help.

a detective novel where a guy has to investigate the world of the "new rich" of today, the Youtubers and Twitch streamers

The first is based on my own ideas and would be hard to explain as it's still in development. They have a more academic reason for seeking self destruction, sorry if that sounds pretentious. It's their personal thought experiment. They just want to observe what happens as they progress downwards.
The second character has essentially walked the straight and narrow their whole life, but things haven't turned out well for them, and they're at the point where they're out of money, can't find a job, and want to turn to crime no matter the cost. That character is rather despairing and hysteric at that point, and they're giving up on everything they've been taught until that point as it hasn't led to success or happiness. Over the novel the first character pushes them out of this path.
It's all done more subtly in the actual manuscript, it's hard to describe in a single post without sounding edgy. Again, that's not my intention.

This woman posts on an online imageboard and slowly becomes straight because of a poster she recognizes and I can also summon her by saying stuff like “she is a qt” or “she is getting offended like a tsundere who is getting hit on by a guy she likes would”

It’s a great novel. I’ll call it ‘:3’

This sounds like something I wouldn't want to read but would want to see the pain of people who read it.

That’s far too sadistic.

No one hurts from reading this, it’s fun for anyone. Doesn’t happen very often.

>No one hurts from reading this
How many people have read it, and how many of them aren't anons who have no reason to tiptoe around your feelings?

1 person in my life knows about butterfly. As a casual mention

I don’t know if she’s mentioned me

Very half baked ideas rn, haven't really put in the time to developing this into a full fledged concept but fuck it maybe this'll help.
Main themes would revolve around subverting standard Young Adult Novel tropes. Central theme is something along the lines of "The world revolves around a cycle of usage; using ideas, words, people.
Everything serves everything else; is it possible to break this cycle? Should it be broken? Is true selflessness real?
General Story Ideas:
>Protag is nondescript kid, generic facial features and average IQ, moved away from his family almost right after high school out to the middle of bumfuck nowhere, small town in Utah(? Subject to change I guess)
>Moved with the intent of starting fresh, feels he made a lot of bad choices growing up and thinks some fresh air will help him think of something to do with his life
>Years later he is in his early 20s, the most he's accomplished is living in a dingy apartment and working a shitty part time job in a convenience store
>Has made no real friends, most interaction he gets is with shit customers and fellow employees
>When story begins he's essentially on the verge of giving up on this attempt at a new life, thinking about going back to his family
>Before he gets the chance to make a real decision, life seems to push him into another, completely unexpected direction
>Through some sequence of events he discovers the world is more fantastical than he ever assumed it would be; he becomes involved in a secret war of massive scale, yet seemingly hidden to the human eye; two species of inhuman origin have been using the planet as their involuntary battleground, operating several dimensions above the one most humans can perceive.
(Cont.)

Attached: gUgFJGp.png (998x500, 540K)

I understand what you're saying. And I have to be totally honest here, that if you're too embarrassed to tell an user the events because they're "too edgy" how can you publish it for the world to read it? If you are embarrassed about it, that is a good sign that it's not good. Which is fine. The best thing you could do as a young writer, if you want to really write something original one day, is write a lot you're not proud of, and then understand why it's not good. That's the best way to learn. Maybe you're novel is amazing. I don't know. I'm just basing this on what you have revealed. Either way, it's not a loss. This could be one of the greatest growing opportunities in your career thus far.

Attached: ¬_¬.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>(Cont.)
please don't

>Due to the nature of their conflict, while the effects of it aren't directly felt on our level, they do seep in through the cracks; they're felt on a subconscious level by humanity, influencing our actions, etc
>The worse their war gets, the worse our world does
>Though a majority of the human population aren't aware of this conflict, a select few people do; something about the war above inadvertently these individuals' cognition, not only are they able to perceive what's really going on, they're able to interact with this higher dimension and even cross through. A good number of these humans have decided to help one side or the other of this war, mainly out of a sense of self-preservation
>Protag inadvertently gets drawn into this conflict as he turns out to be one of the people who has been affected
>The situation seems almost picture-perfect to the Protag despite the dire stakes involved: he thinks he'll finally be doing something that matters
>As the story goes on, not only does he prove to be terrible at helping out the side he's found himself on, he also discovers the conflict is much less cut and dry than it initially appeared to be, much like most real life human wars
>He finds that despite being in a fantastical situation, meeting fantastical people and having fantastical powers, he is still ultimately in the same situation he was before
>What does he do now?

Fuck if I know. That's as far as I got in terms of anything close to concrete

Attached: a3638172409_10.jpg (1200x1200, 259K)

it's called 17 Again starring Zac Efron you fucking queer

I played that TWS2 also. The Vanilla portrayed 1500’s era warfare, reflecting the military philosophy in Europe. Since there was a lack of skilled and expensively armed mercenaries as was the case with the numerous European companies, samurai filled the role of swordsmen, halberdiers, cavalry, and marksmen instead. That’s one reason why the Japanese feudal system lived while the European system died. Another reason why the Japanese feudal system survived was because the samurai became the bureaucrats needed to sustain those immense hundred thousand strong armies, while the absolutists of Europe created viceroyalties and gave power to ignobles over aristocrats. Your magic nobles may continue to coexist with that technology as long as they keep checking the power of the mayorial dynasties, maintain officer positions, be adept at military science, bar the burghers and peasantry from high rank, and keep debt low.

Fucking shit bruv kill yourself

What a shitty premise 0.003/10

You know, I have been thinking some more. Part of the reason I posted these ideas is because they are old and I could never solve the issue of why I struggle to develop it further.

But after reading and something clicked. I'm not trying to berate this user, since I relate to the ">What does he do now?".

A book is like a house, and writing a book is like building one. My approach, and that of the user I quoted, is like trying to build a house by applying the paint first and hoping it results in a house. Both our "novel ideas" lack substance. It does not know where to go because it doesn't start with the end in mind. I just want to differentiate from other houses by applying my own paint because I mistake that superficiality for substance. Except there is only a foundation and a house at the very least needs walls, doors and a roof. It needs some basic element of purpose, function or meaning to merit the indulgence.

I think this is a problem inherent in most genre fiction, and why Yea Forums tends to mock it. I have always wondered why my sister who was never in to fantasy got in to Game of Thrones(the TV series). It's just a soap opera with dicks, boobs, swords, dragons and death. But there is no substance. There is nothing from that show that carried over to my real life decision making or how I see the world, unlike other books I have read. And that is also why GoT will never end, it is a soap opera. Soap operas only exist because their lack of and ending allows them to exploit people for profit in perpetuity.

I have a more recent story idea that doesn't have these problems. I still haven't set everything in stone, but at least I have three versions of the ending to work retrospectively from, which serves as a lighthouse providing a guiding beacon with which to navigate the journey.

I think that is why I didn't post those ideas here and instead posted the one I did, a part of me knew there was no substance. I was writing it with the goal of getting people to like me for the paint job(back then anyway), a superficial gesture, instead of thinking of how I can build a house for others.

A young man unable to get gainful employment due to his involvement with the propagation of a racist meme on social media in his teenage years is approach by a mysterious organization that promises him a fresh start, but only if he carries out series of seemingly absurd yet increasingly dangerous tasks appointed to him by them.

Attached: big gun tran.png (470x313, 115K)

Didn't Zac Efron star in your novel?

It's like Eyes Wide Shut but this time it's a woman going to the sex party and taking part

Wasn't the whole point of Eyes Wide Shut that no one actually has sex?

Alright, I'll bite.

A action / Shonen story staring a young female knight.

Jist of the story I had in mind is the teenage daughter of the Captain-Of-The-Guard goes and tries to become a knight against the wishes of her father, keeping it hidden until the final exam revealing her identity to him then proceeding to botch the exam in her moment of glory.

Fearing her father's reaction, she runs away via a train out of the country only to find out the crown prince is on the train, who snuck aboard the train. When they're outside the safety of their countries boundaries the train gets hit by bandits and the prince is kidnapped. The failed knight teams up with his last remaining bodyguard who becomes the MC's rival character to rescue the prince from the bandits and then travel back to their home country in a unfriendly nation.

Along the way they run into two other characters, a mage with a sketchy past and a young girl with him who's got a cursed right hand who join them.

(For the curse, think Miroku from Inuyasha, but instead of a vacuum think dark magical coming out instead. As long as it's bandaged up she's safe for the most part) The mage told her if he can bring her to the MC's home nation, he might be able to cure her curse.)

While a chunk of this is just the adventure, for a opposing force they're chased by a Wendigo (posing as a person initially), who's taken a liking to the prince's magical energies and wants to devour and get the power of the royal bloodine for himself, and later the corrupt governor of the region who also wants to kidnap the prince too to finally get the upper hand against the nation that crushed them many years ago...

-
The main protag is the adopted daughter and only child of the Captain-Of-The-Guard. She grew up idolizing him and wants to be like him, which is the only thing he'll not allow. Being adopted she feels like she doesn't fit in upper-crust social class and despises her shallow thot-tier peers and thinks to herself she doesn't have a place in that world and instead wants to become a worthy successor to the legacy of family that took her in as a baby. Stubborn and doesn't think too highly of herself, she begins the story with a lack of confidence By the end she'll pick up the shonen protag's trademark willpower and become determined to become the strongest knight in the land, a title her father currently holds.

(1/2)

(2/2)

For the rival, she starts as your standard edgy rival with a dose of amnesia, and then I want to deconstruct the Amnesia tropes with her memory loss being permanent, forced her to start her training all over, made her feel like a stranger in her own skin, and constantly lives in the shadow of the Ace she used to be desperate to reclaim that glory in the hope it'll make her feel whole again. She has a grudge against the MC and fears she'll surpass her in both power and status. (also, for a funny twist, the Rival's family is actually really nice and somewhat wacky. Both as a comedic gag and a dark reminder of what she once was.)

The prince is naive at first and mostly a pacifist but mostly well adjusted for his station being groomed by the Good King to become a worthy successor Narrative-wise he's should grow into a more competent leader and has to assume charge of the situation and finally stand on his own when he's never really had the chance to be his own man.

The mage seems sketchy and jaded, but it's in truth a troubled past he's trying to run away from, only for his conscience to get in the way and lead him to help the girl and the prince of the country he was trying to get away from. The oldest of the group and knows more then he lets on.

The girl is the youngest and kinda a country mouse who's never gone too far from her home village, in which she's a pariah because of her cursed hand, fearing she'd be killed for a curse she doesn't even understand (one was born with). She's had to fend, hunt, and take care of herself the day the curse appeared and lives on the outskirts of her small village in a small cottage. The village does want her dead (they tried and failed) and have made sure she knows it, the only reason they haven't killed her yet is because they fear her curse's destructive powers and are saving up for mercs to do the job. She's a bookworm, and dreams of the day a white knight in shining armor will save her from this life like in the books she reads. The moment the mage suggests the possibility that she can get this out of her hand, she becomes determined to make this trek and finally reclaim her life back. She's completely unaware of her status as a bastard child and dark heritage.

The weakness in genre fiction mostly arises from a lack of historical or economic understanding and background. Tolkien, M. Banks, Heinlein, Herbert, and Lovecraft are immortalized is because their works reflect historical events in warfare, religion, culture, etc. Real people made history and so characters based on historical behavior exhibit authenticity. Personal experience of those events may be helpful but not necessary to substance.

Huge potential, if handled right. Like most ideas, there are a thousand ways to make it terrible for every one way to make it right. I feel like you could make it seem like it is sorta glamorizing the rich, and barely give the maid any screentime, but make it count when she is there, that way the audience will keep getting pulled in to their lives only to be reminded how fabricated it all is (the lives of the rich), and shown how easy it is to be pulled into things that we intellectually believe to be below us.

I don't... like all of those .... ellipses ... they really ... distract me... also it seems like ... you just read ... Notes From Underground... and there is nothing really good or original in this

A guard in a concentration camp, after witnessing some fucked up shit, copes with the situation by pretending that he is basically a prisoner too, forced to be there as well. He is eventually forced to face the reality of his responsibility when he is ordered to go on a sick leave after an injury and spend some time in a town nearby.

Thanks mate. You're right, handling the maid is one of the biggest challenges I'm seeing right now in the planning stages.
I myself come from an upper class LatAm background and it's hard not to get caught up in glamorizing it and actually being properly critical of that lifestyle and worldview. That's why I feel the maid's presence is so urgent. There's validity to the nostalgia the main characters feel, but it also needs to be tempered by a strong showing of what that world was like for others.

>Medieval setting of small villages
>a group of people are running around because a fearsome horde is invading
>they run from village to village to warn everyone, yelling everywhere that the horde is here and they should flee to the hills
>pow character gets tired and is left behind
>tries to find shelter but gets captured by refugees from the previous village who say that he is of the horde
>turns out that from early on people though that the horde was that original screaming and running mob
>he escapes and finds his way back to his village
>it's actually peaceful, there never was a horde

Sounds like it could be hilarious if you pull it off just right.
Doesn't sound like a novel though to be honest, more a short story or novella at best.

Why were they yelling about the invading horde if there wasn't one in the first place

I don't know, somebody was just bored or paranoid and started the whole panic.

Hello J.K. Rowling. Looking for another idea to plagiarize like earthsea ?

Starving pige finds OP in a coma and eats him.

So it's It but less of a children killer ?

Terraformars

Ass Goblins of Unit 731

I’d read

Member of a death squad of a fictional facist country falls, he ends up fleeing to one of the countries that they were at war with. Because he has to keep his back round hidden, he works at a shitty coffee shop, the main bulk of the story is how he perceives the people around him, that under different circumstances he might be ordered to kill.

Sounds pretty comfy. I like the way you’re incorporating your own experiences into the story.

Imo it would be best with a rather impersonal third person narrator but that’s just me.

you don't like sex?

its called Infinite Jest

desu this sounds interesting. lot of metaphors and lessons to preach

sounds like hemingway. has potential

sounds like 2001: a space odyssey with extra steps

would win the nobel prize desu senpai

Watch Altered State.

Attached: primary-Film-Club--Altered-States-1495130721-271x400.jpg (271x400, 21K)

I like this one

I like this one

I actually like this one
Keep going user

I don’t know if I’d read this but it seems interesting

Some kid realizes how much he hates everyone, gets pumped on adderall and dies riding his bike up a mountain.

Aayyyyy mi negro, de qué parte de Colombia eres?

Also I like the story, so much potential, but you gotta handle it carefully so it doesn't get boring.

Two guys in a bar. They sit next to each other but they don't know each other. The guy says to the other "aint life a bitch?" and take a sip of whatever. And the other guy respond with "yep". And then we have a story of how they got there to that bar meeting each other. Completely original idea, plz dont steal

Sounds really comfy desu, a lot better than all these other garbage posts user, I'm probably gonna do the same thing but I'm a medieval tavern and with a whole cast of characters, like the decameron but worse

Sounds cool. I recommend the honey liquor that is called mead as the main beverage for that era. It is mentioned in the movie Robin Hood (2010) starring Russel Crowe as Hood. But there's a lot to choose from so it can be diverse or whatever.

>Bring_Me_to_Life.mp3

Based and Soberpilled

Bogotá

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

I'm not sure if this would be better as a book or a show, but here goes: A buddy-cop thing where both cops are actually ex-convicts trying to prove themselves. They solve crimes together in a sort of "takes one to know one" scenario. It'd be called "The Usual Suspects".

I don't think you can get into the academy with a record.

>Ex-con
>In the force

Attached: 1546206178531.jpg (682x548, 44K)

I fucking suck at writing but
Two kids get severely bullied, they lose contact and the story follows one of the two who ends up as a sociopath that starts his own company in office-equipment. He gets fed up, kills one or two people on the way out of anger/frustration. In the end he gets a huge job to do the entire interior for a company in a big city, he goes to look a few months later and sees how it's a company full of energetic, happy people and how they all have a friendly atmosphere unlike his own company that runs pure on pressure from above and fear. He meets the director of the company who he recognises as the other person who was bullied severely when they met many years past. Out of jealousy and self-loathing over what he's done with his life he takes his own life later that day.
The rest is just banter of him hating on shit and being awkward in social situations.

I know this is a late thread but here's my idea:

An author in McCarthy Era America and one in the USSR are simultaneously persecuted and censored in their respective countries for writing what is revealed to be the same book: A Book about Christ being alive during those times, and his reactions to what we've done (It is not revealed that the protagonist is Christ, though heavily implied). In the US it is censored as being communist propaganda, and in the USSR it is censored as being western propaganda. The novel ends with the American author Killing himself at the same time that the Russian is executed for dissenting. Their mutual last thought is "how could they not see?"

> It's 2029
> All electricity on Earth has to go down for the month of february.
> Even clean one
> Every country in the world sign this pact for climate change purpose even China and USA
> Some ill people who need electronic are sent to a special place in scandinavia that will keep electricity on during that time period
> The day come and no electricity get shut off in the world
> Life goes on
> Where the fuck are the few ill peoples that were sent in scandinavia ?
> It's clear that they disappeared but nobody is looking for them

Seems neat desu. Look up the song "no handle bars"

Generational politics is retarded

Was this the actual line when it aired lmao?

Youtubers and twitch streamers arent rich

tell that to dostoyevsky or orwell, bucko

It's a Batman novella set in the Nolan universe in which Batman is investigating a series of missing persons reports and a possible murder and they all point to a successful young professional working under Wayne Enterprises' Mergers and Acquisitions department named Patrick Bateman.

Holy shit I need to read this

It's actually just Handlebars

Post apocalyptic fantasy setting. Only few people survived. They organise in tribe like communities and prey to mechanics. Mechanics have a high social standing because they can repair the machines that the society created before the apocalypse. Mechanics are basically priests and kings.

>main characters mother has artificial heart
>nobody understands its function but the elite knows how to repair it
>main characters father is high tier mechanic and surgeon
>basically repairs her heart for sexual favors (he abuses her)
>someday the takes main character with him
>father interest in mother and let her die
>kid becomes his apprentice and learns to be mechanic (very gifted)

Plot ensues. The main focus will be a commentary on todays technological progress and the power corporations have over the consumer. It will also be about societal hierarchies and the dread and inhumanity of numbers and mechanical thinking.

Time machine

I'd probably check this out desu

Disaffected young man goes for a walk through a local park on a cheery spring day. He goes alone. Most of the novel will be an extended inner monologue of him commenting on the surroundings and the people he comes across. He's smart but highly fixated on everyone's flaws, including his own. E.g. He bitterly rails, in his head only, against an overweight family he passes by. He witnesses a toxic family dispute and questions whether anyone is fit for parenthood. He's bitter to the core but his arguments don't fall flat. He has few friends and a stable family but he lacks emotional connection to anyone. On the other hand he is attractive, well educated and gets along with people fairly well superficially. Externally he appears capable and successful but internally he is a mess. I suppose you could describe him as a fallen idealist -- he has a clear picture in his head of what a virtuous life looks like but he fails to live it himself (due to unaddressed emotional issues) and punishes himself and others for this. He's obsessed with the ideal everything (cue topical commentary on society's obsession with social media, pop culture, professional sports, pornography) to the point that normal people often disgust him. He has delusions of grandeur and comes across as ungrateful and loathsome. In essence, it's a protracted debate between virtue and beauty vs. compassion and acceptance. I don't know how it will end. In my head I see the protagonist witnessing a simple, innocent act of love from a beautiful young mother to her young child and having a breakdown, eventually recognizing his own childhood emotional neglect.

I realize this comes across very cliche. The execution of the concept is, in my opinion, what ultimately determines the quality of the work. But I recognize I am still nowhere near capable of writing it well. In any case, I am really writing the protagonist after myself, unaddressed emotional issues and all. Recently came to terms with my own childhood issues and stopped being so ashamed about being depressed/socially isolated. So I'm going to write this for myself, but hopefully somebody here can tell me whether writing this could potentially be of use to others.

I'm a crazy person who runs a large website people really, really hate. I'd probably write about that.

A vampire living in modern LA slaughtering hobos while high on meth and heroin without repercussion because LA is already filled with degenerates and monsters

It was obvious the story was about yourself after the first few sentences. It doesn't sound interesting, but as you say, a lot of it comes down to execution, and if writing this will make you feel better than that's enough to give it a try.
I would change the ending to something less cliched. Just reading
>innocent act of love from a beautiful young mother to her young child
makes me groan. Maybe you should tone it down.

Attached: 1542337036876[1].jpg (534x462, 71K)

Thanks user. Yeah the ending sounds corny I realize now. In my head I just meant something simple like a mother comforting a child but the way I wrote it was over the top. I'll just write this for myself.

From wikipedia:
>Genre fiction, also known as popular fiction, is a term used in the book-trade for fictional works written with the intent of fitting into a specifically literary genre, in order to appeal to readers and fans already familiar with that genre.

I'm very un/lit/ in that I watched too much anime and never read much aside from the occasional book(which I'm trying to remedy), but taking Heinlein's Starship Troopers as an example, that wasn't written to fit in some genre or appeal to some existing demographic. There are ideas and themes in the book that stand on their own outside of the "genre". There is substance, something to talk about that is more than just characters and cool future tech lasers.

I have used Heinlein's distinction of citizens and civilians numerous times while talking politics with people. It's such a simple and silly thing yet so many people have never even thought of that, and I certainly haven't until I learned it from Starship Troopers.

I have to admit I only watched the first season of Game of Thrones, and the odd episode afterwards, but we are still talking several hours of watching something without anything that seems like it does anything more than base sensual appeasement? If you like that sure, but don't expect it to help you grow as a person. If anything it exploits the shortcomings of being human just like a soap opera does.

Has anyone ever called GoT insightful?

Any book that falls in a given "genre" can have substance, sure, but what makes a book "genre fiction" is that the substance is the genre itself, and nothing more.

10/10
Excellent material for Peter Chimaera

I like it.

And I should add I'm just as guilty as GoT fags, since I still have an irrational obsession with slice of life anime for no other reason than I like comfy.

SoL anime has no point other than the soothing healing aspect. It is sensual appeasement just like GoT, just more gay.

OMG SO RANDOMMMMMM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THATS SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING FUNNY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HAHAHA XD :3 fuck that was funny... heheheh.

Shut the fuck up

Make me.

>hasn't read the books by George R R Martin
>has watched 13% of the HBO series
>deems GoT shit
it's not my job to defend GoT, but guys like you just want to rain on other user's parades, and you're quite bad at it. You might say a lot of shit about GoT, but certainly not that it plays by the rules of the genre. It breaks a lot of them. Martin put some brain grease into this, if you like it or not.

A typical coming of age story ala-holden caufield main character FP. He is the bestfriend of the school slut (who's actually a virgin) who's rivals with your typical barbie princess (who's actually a slut). Blah blah plot... He gets involved with his childhood friend that's now a hot trap. Blah blah he becomes like gossip girl. Blah blah blah there's a lot more drama and shit

I admitted my lack of GoT before criticized it.

But I have to admit, there is one aspect of it I did carry over to real life, pic related.

But given what I saw, that is it.

I never wanted to rain on other user's parades, if you raid my initial post I pointed that out before I started saying anything negative.

And, like I said, I like my dumb shit for dumb reasons too, so I can only shit on GoT by shitting on my own preferences.

My central point remains though, despite all that. GoT might not be the best franchise to use as an example for my point, but it isn't the worst either.

Attached: 8e2be0c681e0c96c996a2dffaef05300.jpg (487x488, 65K)

raid = read*

It’s nice but I’d change the story a bit

Really neat
Would read/10

Cool
Would read

Why don't you include a Sub-Saharan African as a third author?

Or an Australian Aboriginal as a fourth?

Or a Japanese Shintoist as a fifth?

Or an Arabian Muslim as a sixth?

In fact, when I think about it, there are dozen, if not hundreds, of possible cultures and their own approaches and interpretations of that same book to be written.

I think you have a whole series of books on your hand here, don't just limit yourself to two, six or even hundreds of different cultures. Don't limit yourself user.

Oh, hi Mark

Sounds Chekhov-esqe

An idea for a novella. A man in his late 20s, early 30s, is dating a hot teen (18-19 year old) and has her living with him. She's a NEET who ran away from home after an argument with her mother, who begged her to either get a job or go back to college, anything but wasting her potential by doing nothing all day. The guy has a stable job and makes enough money for two people to live comfortably, so their finances are not too bad. Sad thing is that, while passionate, he's a bit of a pushover and she has a very strong personality. She's verbally and emotionally abusive towards him and he only puts up with her because the sex is amazing and he knows he won't find anyone better. One day, after he tries to put his foot down on her at least cleaning up the house since she's not bringing any money home, they get into a loud argument which turns violent; the guy, unintentionally, kills her. She doesn't take this too well and keep insulting him, growing more passive aggressive as time goes on because she can't be hotblooded anymore, but is still a bitch. The guy tries to figure out what to do with the corpse while she keeps fucking with him, trying to make the situation as unbearable as possible through snide comments and more emotional abuse. Intended as a dark comedy with hints of drama.
I'm hoping to capitalize on the ongoing media coverage of domestic abuse now "rampant" in my country to get people to read it.

That more or less sums up the Schwarzkommando from Gravity's Rainbow, so it's not inherently edgelord cringe.

Southern gothic about a guy who reluctantly takes a job from an industrial tycoon who rolls into town because he desperately needs money to pay off debts unexpected absorbed by him from a recently deceased family member. He then has to deal with all the fallout he gets from locals for being associated with this tycoon because several of them are being forced from their homes or otherwise fucked over by this guy, all the while being unable to quit.

The tycoon eventually dupes him into allowing a third party to absorb some of his debt to lighten the load but this third party is a pawn of the tycoon and its essentially just a ploy to tighten his grip on the protagonist as the tasks he is made to do for the company grow increasingly unsavory. This all builds and culminates to the point where he can no longer take it and refuses, falling from grace with his employer and he is forced from his town and hunted.

I have about 20k words written so far and what I have written above is an outline of roughly the first 2/3s of the novel because I don't know where it's gonna go from there so I figured I'd worry about that when I get there.

Not him, but I feel like the idea is tied to Cold War, and to the central idea of pic related.

The Cold War is *THE* setting for a war fought over ideas. Censorship, secret police, assassination, thoughtcrime, the urgent feeling that a single idea can end a life or end the world. The concerns of minor nations are largely the concerns of their parent superpower. If you're going to have a third, fourth, fifth, etc., then there's no utility in setting it during the Cold War. May as well take place in the present day.

Next, the USA and USSR were historically Christian nations, but we find both forgetful of their past, and it's not clear which is better off spiritually. Communism is a monster, but the church often thrives under explicit persecution, whereas in the United States, the church squandered its freedom and embraced liberalism.

The USA and USSR parallel the Sadducees and the Pharisees. Ironically, the very ones who constantly invoked their father Abraham cursed and crucified the Son of David. In the same way, the two superpowers reject the Christ again. The Jews said "His blood be on us and on our children!", and in spite of their godly heritage, the two superpowers came to do the same.

While Christ's own hometown tried to throw Him off a cliff, He instead chose to open the eyes of the gentiles. With this in mind, a twist for the final chapter:
>After the two superpowers reject the Christ, it's revealed that there's a third author in a small country that has never known Christ, and the book is a breath of fresh air to this country.

Do you want a sounding board?

Attached: 1wz3as.jpg (447x447, 156K)

Holy based and redpilled user, if you pull it off you could have best seller material right here. I can clearly see you aren't a below average brainlet, you're a clever boy, so go out and do something with your talent :)

I'd probably read this, provided you're able to separate yourself from your influences

Yes. I like doing it. Not reading about some cringetards idea of what it feels like

Themes of censorship and the USSR regarding authors, and specifically books about Jesus Christ, feel too strongly reminiscent of The Master and Margarita. Your premise is different enough of course, but considering this was like the point of Bulgakov's entire oeuvre, I feel like anyone who came across it wouldn't be able to avoid the association.