I finally read all of plato's dialogues. I don't know if i should read plotinus or aristotle next. hold my hands anons

i finally read all of plato's dialogues. I don't know if i should read plotinus or aristotle next. hold my hands anons

Attached: tumblr_pla7g897Bt1xlkja9o1_250.gif (250x350, 577K)

Sextus Empiricus

oh yeah. uhm im interested in plotinus cause of general occult stuff. i also want to go ahead w the philosophy google doc. no im not a schizo...

wait woah, that guy's name has 'empiricus' in it. is he a major philosopher?

Congratulations! Which dialogues did you enjoy the most?

uh yeah :)

phaedo hit me hard in the feels. parminedes is wacky, but i like its style. republic is also an obv mention, especially later on when they talk about metaphysical stuff.

o yeah apology was savage and i technically read it twice

What do you recommend to read to understand Platonic Love?

Symposium and Phaedrus

Did you have fun?

Plotinus. Just skip Aristotle.

>he needs to know if an author is "major"
You will never make it.

you should read Hume and Nietzsche and then burn all your phil books while you still have time to recover

what a retarded gif. What's in the point in just capping the character's mouth flapping?

You may want to read the Nichomachean Ethics and the Metaphysics, but they aren’t necessary.

Plotinus is based.

Yes they are

No. Aristotle is overrated, and if you can't figure it out yourself you're just a university cuck and need to read more.

Aristotle overrated? Pffffft. Yeah sure bro I’m sure you’ve thought of the cyclical nature of Aristotle’s 4step metaphysical cycle.

I’m sure everything in reality is just INTUITIVE MAAAAAAN, YOU JUST GOTTA THINK ABOUT IT. DONT WORRY ABOUT STUDYING ANYTHING AT ALL MAAAAAAN. NOTHING IS OBJECTIVE

>Aristotle is overrated
So it might seem to smooth-brained shallow readers. Read Boethius.

Attached: 1551130756695.jpg (1579x1600, 506K)

nigga you alright?

uh im a brainlet so it was p hard. stuff like cratylus though were genuinely funny

>You will never make it.

tthat's mean user. i started reading all of this just so i can understand what my friend is into (he linked me cosmotechnic and space tao stuffs). bbut i guess you have a point daddy. i will read empiricus

idk ive seen people link stuff aristotle has said and i still see ppl say the same things

o god

>idk ive seen people link stuff aristotle has said and i still see ppl say the same things
That's because Aristotle used to say the same things people were saying.

Seriously though, Aristotle is just a fucking describer. He sees a pot and he writes "Pot is a pot". WOAAAH PURE GENIUS!!!!

Fuck his empty philosophy. Plato was the greatest.

But I know Yea Forums will fight me. No surprise, this is such a dumb board.

I think Epictetus' Ethics is more similar to Plato's than Aristotle's.
Even if Aristotle was Plato's student

I bet you didn't.
You pussy