Why isn't eastern religion more popular in the West except for among hippies and weirdos...

Why isn't eastern religion more popular in the West except for among hippies and weirdos? It seems much better suited to the Western temperament than Christianity

Attached: 1507186914573.jpg (383x487, 24K)

... jews?

Because the core is hidden under supernatural bullshit and asian superstitions.

>It seems much better suited to the Western temperament than Christianity
If this was true, those ideas would have gained traction in the west as well.

Well obviously it takes people as educated, open minded and “spiritually adrift” (agnostic-theistic) as the hippies to just switch their cultural heritages like that.
Congrats OP, you’re as out there as the boomer hippies.

NO

>Middle Eastern supernatural bullshit and superstition is far more suited to western temperament

Well we already have our own, so we reject the foreign bullshit as larping.

I can't stand the compassion bullshit and the pursuit of happiness in Buddhism and its variants.

>why is western religion more common in the west?

Does this really need to be asked?

Buddhism is far less compassionate than Semitic Slave Morality religions.

Isn't the reason for pursuing anything because we believe it will cause happiness? So why not pursue happiness directly?

t. Grumpy cat

I pursue a sandwich because it'll make me full, not because being full will make me any more happy. I don't seek "happiness". eh

>not because being full will make me any more happy
Yes it will. You are pursuing happiness, you're just being dishonest about it.

The version of eastern spirituality practiced in the west is about as toothful as the version of semitic spirituality practiced in the west.
Disregard anything inconvenient (diet, financial law, sacrifice, etc), ignore any theological advice which challenges you to change, do not earnestly engage in any kind of ritual or rite. Pay special attention to the moral prescriptions but ensure that you always find yourself on the correct side, the outgroup on the incorrect side. And if anything challenging does happen, make sure it happens in a philosophically neutered "fire and brimstone" type way which more prepares you for a conflict with sinners rather than to face your own sin. A spirituality for narcissists. We could do it with any religion. We even did it with a few cults.
Speaking of, what do you guys think of the Quaker tradition in America? Should I join? Looking for a somber quite church full of people who hate themselves and overthink their position on the moral continuum as much as I do.

Attached: Baugher.jpg (256x314, 26K)

>yfw that user was just memeing but in your p-zombie shilling of eastern mumbo-jumbo you tried formulating whatever response you thought would convince them to become Buddhist

Attached: 1552083397413.jpg (610x687, 30K)

Satisfaction and nourishment make you pleased. This is subtle happiness sneaking in on the sly.

Eating infrequently and poorly for maximum agony is what you need to be doing

user, I just ate a sandwich. I'm not any more happy, what went wrong?

what a creepy image.

It's true though. Western religions are far more weak.

I have a little number here made of ciabatta, proscutto, thin sliced cucumbers, and brie. Pretty sure she's going to make me happy.

:333

Happiness is an illusion. No one is happy.

nah I'm quite happy at the moment. chewing while I smugly type. Feels good.

Attached: Baphomet.png (220x290, 35K)

Happiness is a thing your brain does. Like adjusting the temperature in a room, you can feel an emotion. Sometimes for no reason at all but to think something.

Your brain runs on perceptions and imagination. Enjoy it

:3 weee

You probably made a shitty sandwich

Turn off the trip you faggot this isn't a blog you're a shit stain on the sole of this board

Turnoff your junior high edge and talk to me like and adult or don’t a nd just stfu

Attached: 2CE2000B-D4F7-49DE-B908-73A2E0D55E99.png (1024x768, 723K)

Because it is not real.

Attached: fedora.jpg (183x275, 6K)

What's not real?

Why, the Dharma of course! There's no raft across the river!

:^)

>DUDE FUCK CHRISTIANITY LMAO EMBRACE ISLAM
>why not just embrace european paganism
>.... SHUT UP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what a blockhead

Attached: Nietzsche1869.jpg (640x962, 113K)

It’s like you’re just joking around, there’s no way you are gay

The conversion has begun. You have no choice but to read my posts and by the sheer fact of my will your pussy if absolutely going to be dripping wet in the next three minutes. HERE WE GOOO

I’m sure you know by now: it’s always me :3

Seeking happiness for happiness's sake doesn't make you as happy.

>It seems much better suited to the Western temperament than Christianity

This isn't exactly true.

Even if we observe the "esoteric" aspect of Eastern and Western religion: they differ widely.

For example: the Eastern idea of meditation/yoga or other practices can be simplified in a sense: that their "communing with God", is almost but a "communing with Self", and all their sadhana/practices are directed to development of the powers in their own bodies and minds (the so-called Siddhis), as opposed to the Western idea of extending those powers to bear sway over other.

Most of the Western grimoires are, quite literally indeed, complex rituals to extending powers over Nature/People/Animals/Objects. I think this several mindset led to many expansionist and imperial states to come out of Europe.

grass is greener/exotic bias

>cuckish quietism is suited to the temperament of the west
honestly fuck off kike kthx

>why not just embrace european paganism
because this is impossible to do without descending into pure larp

>describes cuckstianity
uhh sweetie

>he thinks kikestianity is suited to the western temperament and not solely responsible for its inevitable descent into nihilism and degeneracy
pfft, nothing personnel brainlet

>I’m a Christian and I can’t stand people talkin about anything other than Christ. NNRRRRR
>clicks on hat folder

I’m not gay. Dudes are gay.
Is this supposed to drive me away? We’re not at a bar. I can ignore just as easily as the nasty posters.

I honestly think it has to do with translation.

It's hard to understand a lot of Eastern concepts just with the nature of our language.

gee why isn't a religion that we had virtually no contact with until the 1960's more widespread

I can't figure it out

I’m not being nasty. My point is I don’t think you’re a lesbian. You have no choice but to respond :p. Humor me, how wet were you for me tonight? :3

then what is suited for the western temperament?

Some of pine for our original culture

Attached: 7AC4C696-5DDD-4704-93D0-2B5C59D9E765.jpg (617x618, 113K)

*some of us.

Wasn’t calling you one of them. I am a lesbian. Shut up now.

There aren’t ‘them’, butterfly. It’s always me :3. I keep telling you that.

Tell me how wet you were tonight. Be honest

Abrahamic monotheism only cares about propagating itself, so it's fine to be inconsistent or weak or dumb. It will forgive you and even facilitate it. Buddhism has this to some extent amongst lay Buddhists (and any Westerner) but for the most part it doesn't try to appeal or coddle you, and is pretty tough.

westerners used to have our own religions, but the jews killed them with christianity. now we're doomed to a schizophrenic and pointless search for something to fill the void until 400 IQ designer babies turn us all into technofuturist serfs

Why don't we just create a new tradition which combines the best of the both Western and Eastern spiritual tenets?

Will you stop giving this silly girl attention so she'll go away?

>I can’t stand the pursuit of happiness
But user, don’t you know that happiness is the greatest good?

Attached: 393D6965-36C1-4F9E-B80D-8BA2FDAEAD7A.jpg (220x294, 16K)

because people in the west are sheep, including yourself if you need to ask the god question, faggot

you're an uneducated fool who can't see history

>gee why isn't a religion that we had virtually no contact with until the 1960's more widespread
we have a winner

What are you referring to exactly?

Because most people are not interested in spirituality. And hippies and weirdos tend to just cherry pick things they like about religion(s). Western temperament currently does not really fit any religion, because west is mostly materialistic.

user, you are too woke for this board. Seek higher purpose and never return.

>goal in most sects is literally postponing your complete enlightenment so you can help other sentient beings realize the path out of care for them
>far lass compassionate than Abrahamic religions

Attached: 1458841928464.jpg (195x190, 8K)

Convert Buddhist here, I’d just like to point out that the goal isn’t to *postpone* your complete enlightenment out of care for others but to achieve enlightenment while not *passing into Nirvana* - a subtle but important distinction. You achieve full enlightenment but you do so in Samsara. It is probably more compassion-centric than Christianity tho.

I’m not here to judge other converts to my religion but this is very very true. It’s also very difficult for me - I converted after reading Evola, which really makes it difficult if not impossible to relate to any other converts. Again I’m not here to judge but it would be nice if I wasn’t more or less completely alone in a crowd of aging hippies and young SJWs.

Nirvana is Samsara. One takes on the Bodhisattva vows when they enter on the path. It's a trifling distinction to say that becoming a Bodhisattva is not your goal.

It absolutely is my goal, I’m just clarifying that postponing it is not. Nirvana is Samsara on the ultimate level, but on the relative level we still pledge not to pass into it ourselves until all beings are libertated, and beseech the Buddhas to make the same postponement in the liturgies. That’s not a postponement of enlightenment though which is all I meant to point out.

Cont. if I postpone leaving a restaurant until my friends are full that isn’t me postponing being full myself it’s postponing leaving the restaurant.

okay, then we are not in disagreement

Becayse enlightenment philosophies are much better with less bullshit fluff.